Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Buying a track bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

fieryjack
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:47 - 19 Nov 2013    Post subject: Buying a track bike. Reply with quote

Morning all. First post and I have questions. What a cheek.

Im an expat living in Canada atm. But i'm heading back to England for a couple of years and am wondering about bringing my track ready K8 gsxr 600 with me. Or whether it's worth selling it here and buying one in the UK. It is a US salvage recovery titled bike.

Is there a good UK resource for buying used track bikes? I had a quick look here and on biketrader but couldn't find anything. Is it common in the UK for people to have track only bkes? Or do people use their street rides at the track? I don't intend on buying a street bike, just do a few track days each season.

Also my bike has a full Yosh systme, which is pretty loud. How strict are noise levels enforced? I saw the thread on Castle Combe, but couldn't find much info elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Mattyboi
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:07 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Re: Buying a track bike. Reply with quote

fieryjack wrote:
Morning all. First post and I have questions. What a cheek.

Im an expat living in Canada atm. But i'm heading back to England for a couple of years and am wondering about bringing my track ready K8 gsxr 600 with me. Or whether it's worth selling it here and buying one in the UK. It is a US salvage recovery titled bike.

Is there a good UK resource for buying used track bikes? I had a quick look here and on biketrader but couldn't find anything. Is it common in the UK for people to have track only bkes? Or do people use their street rides at the track? I don't intend on buying a street bike, just do a few track days each season.

Also my bike has a full Yosh systme, which is pretty loud. How strict are noise levels enforced? I saw the thread on Castle Combe, but couldn't find much info elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Look on eBay mate, then sum up whether or not its worth selling for the variety on there.

Dean-J
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:09 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motoforum.net and trackdayriders.co.uk

good lads ( and lasses) on those forums and bargains to be had!

Red Devil
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 25 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean-J wrote:
Motoforum.net and trackdayriders.co.uk

good lads ( and lasses) on those forums and bargains to be had!

+1

fieryjack wrote:
How strict are noise levels enforced? I saw the thread on Castle Combe, but couldn't find much info elsewhere.

Noise levels are strictly enforced, you'll need a baffle for most tracks if it's a full system. Forget Castle Combe though as I've heard it's a joke there! Most tracks are 102-105db at 5k rpm for 1000s and 7k rpm for 600s but places like Donington do run quiet days which are 98db.
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:20 - 25 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you owned the bike over there?

I think you can blag it duty-free if you've had it for over six months.

When registered in the UK it will be history-free, so may be worth it,
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1