Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BSB / WSBK Eurosport. I'm so happy.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: BSB / WSBK Eurosport. I'm so happy. Reply with quote

Tony Carter has been given the boot and Matt Roberts is in.

This means I can watch the coverage without wanting to stove my own face in, which is a plus.

Edit - I hope to god TC hasn't struck a deal with BT. Pale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/203/rxi5.jpg

Lamp Post Enthusiast

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was happy about this I like Matt he comes across well, I quite liked Azi too but was never that keen on the Cox/Parish commentary. Will be funny if Carter is going to front the BT sport coverage as one of their so called 'big name experts of the sport' Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who the fella was who did the Moto2/3 commentary that would appear on BBC Red Button?

Thought he was commentating alongside Julian Ryder. Didn't sound like Toby Moody and having just watched some youtube clips, it wasn't Carter either.
Anyway, whoever he is/was. Thought he was good.

Couldn't stand the guy who did the WSB "commentary" that ended up on the Channel4 "highlights" show.
It wasn't commentary, more 4yr old child screaming, followed by a large dose of queen with a massive chip on his shoulder.
The Aussie commentator was good, pointed out what was actually going on which 9/10 was different to the queen of scream.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Does anyone know who the fella was who did the Moto2/3 commentary that would appear on BBC Red Button?

Thought he was commentating alongside Julian Ryder. Didn't sound like Toby Moody and having just watched some youtube clips, it wasn't Carter either.

Gavin Emmett and Nick Harris do the moto2/3 and world feed coverage.
Gavin Emmett is the guy that presents 'After the flag'

They're alright but I find them quite corporate and a little unopinionated which is probably good for commentary but a little dull.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 29 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Gavin Emmett and Nick Harris do the moto2/3 and world feed coverage.
Gavin Emmett is the guy that presents 'After the flag'

They're alright but I find them quite corporate and a little unopinionated which is probably good for commentary but a little dull.

Thanks for the info. I liked Gavin Emmett because he appeared to be able to read what was going on and spot things that were starting to happen on track that would build up to something 3-4 laps later. And I though the other chap, Nick Harris who I thought sounded 100% like Julian Ryder, was the exciteable one. Would have happily listened to those two on the MotoGP races too.

I've never had Eurosport or Sky etc, so not heard Toby Moody etc

Got BTSport as already have broadband, so will be interesting to see who's doing what there.

EDIT:
It's Jonathan Green who gives me bouts of tourette's after he's made my ears bleed screaming through the TV about a rider he's miss-identified, involved in a situation he's miss-read.

It's Steve Martin who was his side kick that brought some level of understanding to what was actually happening. It's Steve who has to put up with the snarky remarks from Jonathan that actually made some WSB rounds uncomfortable to listen to.

Bike racing should be exciting to watch, not irritating.

Quasar45
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:57 - 31 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, just to let you know the post isnt showing up properly on my iphone - I think there is a plugin you can grab that takes care of that now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1