Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2001 Honda CB500

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:53 - 13 Feb 2014    Post subject: 2001 Honda CB500 Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a little thread on my new bike. It's nothing exciting compared to many but it's my first bike so of course I'm enthusiastic! I have threads on other forums for my cars and generally keep them as a diary of the car/bike as well as for others to read it's nice to be able to look back at them.

So, having decided to do my bike test I done my CBT and booked my theory test. I started looking about at bikes, despite my brother banging on about me getting a GSXR6 like him, I was looking at the ER6, GSR600 and other naked bikes. Was fussed about anything really fast to start with, what ever it is it'll be at least as quick as my car. In a passing conversation with my uncle on Facebook he offered me a look at his CB500. He has a vespa too and living in London the vespa is more practical and looks cooler Laughing

So, I went to look at it, I'm a big old boy and didnt want anything too cramped so wanted to try it for size. My brother came so we both had a go on it, sat on it, comfortable, sat on it with him on the back, bit less comfortable hahahaha. Couple of pictures

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/620F5F85-DFAE-4AD8-8424-4965481FAFB1_zpswtdodqri.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/94997323-3108-4A1B-BDF4-1A6202650965_zpszm809p5u2_zpsfb0d2045.jpg

It needs a fair bit of tidying up, the list is;
Rear brake works but doesnt release unless you lift it back up with your foot
Pair of tyres
MOT & Tax
Service and chain lube or possibly replaced

My uncle reckons the forks are a bit spongey but I'll see what kinda state they're in. I'm swapping £550 for it, so I reckon with me and my mate having a bash ourselves fixing the majority it'll be sorted with change from a grand. Aside from these things it's in reasonable nick, starts and runs perfect, 27k on it, small dent in the tank but not broken the pain. Once it's on the road I might invest in a small screen but I'll see how it feels, prefer the look without one. Maybe a exhaust and maybe a rear shock upgrade, I shall see. I might use it for a month or two and get fed up and sell it, who knows!

Will update as I go, off to collect it tonight Very Happy

Cheers!

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 13 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subframe twisted?
Definately chain slack!
Enjoy none the less.

Last edited by 1cyl on 23:07 - 14 Feb 2014; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 14 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidy bike.when upgrade you'll probably get your money back as well Thumbs Up

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:30 - 14 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

SliMC wrote:
Chain fisted.
Subway is kack.
Enjoy.

I dont follow?

sidewinder wrote:
Tidy bike.when upgrade you'll probably get your money back as well Thumbs Up

Hopefully! Saw a 62k one on ebay for silly money earlier.

Got a van sorted and collected it yesterday. Unc sorted me a haynes manual for it too so got some idea of what the feck I'm doing. Hopefully the weather will calm down tomorrow (tree fallen into my garden just a sec ago lol) and I can reorganise the garage a bit for some work space. I dont generally touch my car, a mate runs a garage so I get him to do all the work. However, a bike, I fancy getting my hands dirty so we'll see how I get on (with a mates help!)

Only thing I have noticed that I haddnt before is the fork seals are leaking so they'll need some work after all.

I'll update as I go.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:37 - 15 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyfattyboomboom wrote:
SliMC wrote:
Chain fisted.
Subway is kack.
Enjoy.

I dont follow?

Forum joke. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1