BCF: Bike Chat Forums

my new bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

mikesaa309
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:14 - 02 Mar 2014    Post subject: my new bike Reply with quote

I know a lot of people on here don't like bandits, but this is my new bike. Brought it yesterday. Just need to pass my practical tests now to be able to ride it.

I'm not too sure on the red text on the tank though. Part of me reckons it looks okay the but the other part of me thinks it looks shit. opinions?

https://s28.postimg.org/7yeq1r4st/My_bandit.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rhys1005
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:21 - 02 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not keen on the bandits myself but I know a few lads who seem to like theirs, get rid of the red text though Thumbs Up

mikesaa309
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:25 - 02 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys1005 wrote:
Not keen on the bandits myself but I know a few lads who seem to like theirs, get rid of the red text though Thumbs Up

What colour would you reckon the text should be? I'm thinking black maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
DiscoBiscuit This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 02 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite like the mirrors, though they'll probably wobble a bit. Looks like a lot of it has been re-painted, but the photo quality isn't good enough to judge the job.

As an everyday get-about I quite like the Bandit 6, it ticks a heck of a lot of boxes. Cheap (and plentiful) spares, easy servicing, proven engine design with massive inter-changability of parts, docile and forgiving to ride, fairly good running gear for it's class and not bad on fuel. If you don't expect it to be a sportsbike you won't be disappointed.

Check the oil lines where they bolt to the oil cooler, they vibrate and crack the ally cooler and the first indication is an oily mist around the connection. Keep your switchgear and electrical stuff dosed up with water repellant to stop it rotting away and try to keep the road dirt cleaned off it this time of year to preserve the finish.
If you find it's hard to start, it'll be the carb idle or fuel-enrichment circuits that need attention.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 02 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, looks in decent Nick!
Quornholio This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind the colour scheme, looks like the PO was aiming to replicate this from the Katana range
https://www.cyclechaos.com/images/thumb/f/ff/1982-Suzuki-GS1000SZ-Katana-Silver-384-6.jpg/640px-1982-Suzuki-GS1000SZ-Katana-Silver-384-6.jpg

However I have no love for Bandit 600's after owning 2, much more economical and fun bikes out there, I rated my MZ Skorpion far superior for economy and fun personally at the expense of top speed and parts availability. However I do still think they look nice along with the old naked Hornet Thumbs Up

mikesaa309
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:44 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: my new bike Reply with quote

Mk1GSF wrote:

Brought it from where?

Got it of ebay for £915 22k miles 1997, the bike is in Mansfield User said it was in good condition whether that's true I'll find out when I go to pick it up at the week end.

Moxey wrote:
However I have no love for Bandit 600's after owning 2, much more economical and fun bikes out there, I rated my MZ Skorpion far superior for economy and fun personally at the expense of top speed and parts availability. However I do still think they look nice along with the old naked Hornet Thumbs Up

To me it'll be quite fun. I even find my litte CBF fun to ride, don't think the novelty of riding has worn off yet. However, you've most likely ridden bikes like the Hornet and other more powerful 600+ cc bikes, the bandit 600 will be much faster than an 11 bhp 125 bike so will do for me for a while. Also I have to have it restricted to 46 bhp. Still faster than a 125 but when I get bored of the power I can de-restrict it to get more power without changing bikes. Also this is probably one of the quickest bikes I can have on a A2 licence besides the SV650. Sadly the hornet is over the BHP limit.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 03 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: my new bike Reply with quote

mikesaa309 wrote:
To me it'll be quite fun.

Indeed, when my 1st one did run fine it felt great for about 2 weeks, I brought (correct use of that there Wink) an 05 650 up from Birmingham for my mate who loves it compared to GS 500 he passed his test on (was a little better handling wise than either of my MK 1's and it was refreshing at the time from my VFR so I did enjoy caning back up North at full wack all the way at 1:00Am Twisted Evil ).

They make a good first big bike when you have no experience of much else beyond a 4T 125's or say a GS 500, but personally with the last one (which more or less worked fine and was reliable) I had found my RXS 100 more fun to ride and ended up using it more so (more to do with personal preference than anything, the little 2T 'power' delivery and lightness just make it more my thing), some people do genuinely like them beyond just as a first big bike though.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 04 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first bike, shouldn't bite you in the arse if you make a mistake. Don't do any heroic overtakes thinking you have all the power in the world, though. I made that mistake when I got my first big bike, almost got deaded!

carbon90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:36 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:
Great first bike, shouldn't bite you in the arse if you make a mistake. Don't do any heroic overtakes thinking you have all the power in the world, though. I made that mistake when I got my first big bike, almost got deaded!

That's the power I felt on my first few ride, didn't ever take the chances of overtaking though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1