Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This forum is a bad influence: Pitbike Supermoto round 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:17 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: This forum is a bad influence: Pitbike Supermoto round 2 Reply with quote

Lots of things have happened in my life lately which meant that I wanted to do something this year to stop myself going insane. I thought about various things like learning to fly, doing gliding and other similar things but I always came back to wanting to race bikes. I'm not particularly quick on track nor blessed with vast wealth, so it had to be something on a reasonably small scale with low costs.

Then I read Garth's 'I thought I'd try Pitbike Supermoto' Thread here and thought I might give it a try. Back in February Garth very kindly lent me his bike for a test day at Matchams and I was hooked. Ok, so I wasn't quick, but I had fun so I set about trying to get hold of a bike for the first round in March. For various reasons I did not manage to sort the bike until last Saturday when it finally all came together.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/race_bike_smallr2.jpg

I did some testing Saturday and found that the bike was bogging down in the midrange massively and was nearly unrideable. I messed around with the needle height of the carb for a bit and managed to make it better, but not right. It was too late to do anything about it so I raced like that. I also initially failed scrutineering as my rear rim was moving in relation to the hub because all of the spokes were very loose! I had to spend ages tightening each spoke, and I've no idea if the rear wheel is true or not now. Oops! I managed to get it to pass scrutineering with tightened spokes, a cable tie and a Dr Pepper bottle for one of the overflows which I'd missed.

I can't really say that I did well, but I finished every race which was an achievement. Out of 17 entries I came 13th, 14th, 12th and 12th in the final. Apparently that gives me some championship points which I can be please about but I was in fact the last finisher in every race. I was punted off the bike in heat 3 (I think by the race leader!) but managed to restart and complete the race.

I'm hoping that with a bit of practice and sorted fuelling I might actually be able to overtake someone.

Our very own Garth came fourth which is an impressive achievement considering the top 3 riders are all ex high level racers (Think Superstocks and Triumph Triple Challenge).

bring on round 2 (but not too fast I need to sort my bike!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:23 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play, definitely is something I'm up for.... perhaps when I get back from the US... Cool

Any videos of this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:12 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Fair play, definitely is something I'm up for.... perhaps when I get back from the US... Cool

Any videos of this?

Err... no... Shifty

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:14 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Any videos of this?

Err... no... Shifty

Laughing Get them up sir Mr. Green

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:20 - 14 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Laughing Get them up sir Mr. Green

There are some on facebook but they aren't mine. I believe Garth's brother has some Go Pro footage. Probably of me crashing or being slow anyway though.

I may try to take some video next time out... maybe.

The vet
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:41 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right choice Thumbs Up top man

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why oh why don't more karting tracks offer something similar to this?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:30 - 15 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the bottom of the table!!

Our very own Garth running 2nd in the championship, good going buddy! Smile

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/r2_championship_standings.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1