Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mod 1 test tips?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

ian3mith
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:19 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Mod 1 test tips? Reply with quote

any tips for mod1 test? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mikesaa309
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:32 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep calm it's by far the easiest out of the two IMO. I've passed mod 1 doing mod 2 next week.

Just rememberer the obvious such as keep your head up and look where you want to go especially on the figure of 8 and also don't take that too tight take it wide but not stupidly wide.

Also don't forget that you're suppose to imagine that it's on the public highway so life savers are a must before moving off and before changing direction.

The speed trap was the bit I was most concerned with having to make sure you get to speed but also looking where you're going. The area I was in was quite small and there was no possible way on earth you could hold 30 through the bend (you might be in a bigger area). I just held the fastest speed possible then as I was exiting the bend rolled open the throttle. Once you've passed the speed trap you can shut of the throttle to take the serve but I suggest just backing it off a bit to maintain the speed. You don't really want to be accelerating or slowing during the swerve. And remember not to look at the cones but look ahead.

The slow ride is easy just hold the throttle open whilst holding the clutch in the friction zone. Use the clutch to alter the speed as well as feather the back brake (do not touch the front brake). Again head up looking where you want to go. If you live in a busy area like I do with annoying slow car drivers and presuming you've ridden a 125 for awhile then slow riding should be a piece of cake. Don't forget shoulder checks before pulling away.

Remember that as soon as you get on the bike the test has began so even parked up I suggest doing shoulder checks before pulling away.

Good luck on your mod 1, I'm sure you'll do just fine Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BG5067
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:40 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=284963

this may help.

Theory passed 17/01/2014. Mod 1 Passed 03/02/2014 (0 faults) Mod 2 10/02/2014 Passed (0 faults)

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:01 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff from mike. I'll just emphasise that mod 1 is not hard.

Yes, it's easy to fail on something silly like dabbing a foot down in the u-turn or slalom, but there's nothing in it that you won't have done before at some point. It'll be test nerves that get you.

So: before starting any manoeuvre, take a deep breath, if you're in any doubt about what's being expected, ask, another break, lifesaver, and smash it in.

Sabs
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:17 - 17 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

before starting any manoeuvre, take a deep breath, if you're in any doubt about what's being expected, ask, another break, lifesaver, and smash it in.

This for sure. Everything else too, but definitely this, take a breath and go through in your mind what you've been asked to do.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 18 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow riding is easy think take care, tether the clutch with throttle and back brake. U turn can be done in half the distance, when you come to do it do your safety checks move forward shoulder glance to right, forward right then right again as you turn. That was the best way I found (so they can't say you moved too far forward without checking).

On the high speed maneuvers try not to lock the back brake.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1