BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Project bike Reply with quote

Was taken by a local bike, punted some money on eBay and won. Realised know very little about it or what year it is?

Laughing

Oh well should be fun taking it apart and trying to sort out all the problems thats developed from standing for 15 years in a garage.

Dodgy eBay pic.

https://p1.bikepics.com/2014/03/27/bikepics-2654994-full.jpg

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find yourself a good used 160 pit bike engine, a good set of tyres and enjoy cubbin' it throughly pal Dance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda C50 by my reckoning. the guys at https://c90club.co.uk/ will be able to tell you waaay more

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:55 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no know it's a c50l, but forgot to check the year or any other info. Been checking quite a few c50/70 and 90s and this one kind of jumped our a little.

https://p1.bikepics.com/2014/03/27/bikepics-2654995-full.jpg

https://p1.bikepics.com/2014/03/27/bikepics-2654996-full.jpg

Has got some damage, rust to the the rear mudguard and cracked metal. Hopefully this will be repairable with a new rear section and the rear brake lever is broken.

Of course what I find under the plastic work or even in the cold light of day when apart is another matter but that's why I bought it, a project to keep me busy and one that's easily dismantled and parts a plenty for them.

Proper newbie internet buy which isn't like me at all.

BravoCharlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could be wrong, but i'm sure it's Garth that has had a few of these along with a chinese copy, so maybe he knows something?

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as bought myself a c50LAC, a 3 speed full auto with a parking brake!

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory the C50L was brought out after the 1.5 bhp restrictions in 1978 so it is not going to do more than 30 mph, also the bike should have a single seat with a large rear rack and the engine does not seem to be a genuine Honda engine as there is a small cover where the exposed clutch adjustment should be.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonzoomer wrote:
From memory the C50L was brought out after the 1.5 bhp restrictions in 1978 so it is not going to do more than 30 mph, also the bike should have a single seat with a large rear rack and the engine does not seem to be a genuine Honda engine as there is a small cover where the exposed clutch adjustment should be.

That'll be because it's a 3 speed auto Smile

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Honda left side casting and 'AT' on the right, parking brake on the left hand controls pointing it to be the LAC so 3 speed full auto.

It does however have 30mph on the exhaust so could be restricted to such not sure we will have to see when up and running.

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Got Honda left side casting and 'AT' on the right, parking brake on the left hand controls pointing it to be the LAC so 3 speed full auto.

It does however have 30mph on the exhaust so could be restricted to such not sure we will have to see when up and running.

It was the AT cover that threw me, I have an earlier 50cc model imported from Canada called a CT 50, it has the 3 speed semi-auto gearbox and a high/low ratio, pretty much the same bike minus all the plastics and with telescopic forks.

Bunny Lingus
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:27 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! An instant collectors item. Is it 6volt? If its 12volt you can chuck a 90cc Cub engine or any pit bike lump in there but if the engine is over 110cc you will find that things like the exhaust will need swapping out as the standard pea shooter won't be able to process the exhaust gas & it'll get in the way of the foot pegs. You can adapt the frame if its 6v but if you keep it original it'll only appreciate in price. The C90 club forum is great & some of the guys are really knowledgeable but the top moderator on there is a proper right wing nazi so don't tell him if you're a gypsy or gay or if you recently got a tan in Tenerife. This site is cool: https://www.carlsalter.com/Honda-C50-C70-C90-maintanance.html
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 336 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1