MotoGP - Valencia

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Speed
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:38 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed wrote:
After thinking about performances the past couple of years I'm going to stick my neck out hugely here and say Marquez for the title, closely followed by Lorenzo. Rossi i'm sure will grab a couple of wins and so will Pedrosa. Call me an optimist but i just have a feeling Marquez will more than impress in his rookie year.

I posted this in a thread 'Sepang test' before the season started. Should have put a bet on Evil or Very Mad

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly deserved, first half was good second not so much.

Anyone know what Gino Rea is doing next year?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDDAI0vCBw&feature=youtu.be

Beautiful. This is Marquez who has no need to be pushing so hard at all really but he's doing it anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.minus.com/ibo6xNejf2AT8H.gif

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Thoroughly deserved, first half was good second not so much.

Anyone know what Gino Rea is doing next year?

Scrabbling around for sponsors and trying to flog his coffee (?) on Twitter?

Not sure. I like the bloke and he has been unlucky but I'm not sure he's going to make it big - I would love to see him in a good team. His missus is bang tidy though, he's done very well for himself there.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

He funded his Wildcard races this year mainly from donations. When I saw him sniffing about for money on facebook and twitter I thought who on earth is going to donate their hard earned cash to fund some cockney kid to travel around the world finishing down in 28th place. He seemed to manage it though which is crazy, he's not even that likable.
He was unlucky last year with his team bailing on him but he needs to go for a decent WSS, BSS ect ride this year rather then another year of chasing the GP dream.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone feel a bit cheated in the racing stakes watching the final MotoGP? WSB and BSB finales were action packed from start to finish!!! I even cried a little at BSB (mostly because we have to wait till next year for racing...). Bike racing should happen when I don't want to be out on the bike enjoying the dry weather...

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So day 1 of testing is over.

Cal on the Duc was close to the race pace of Dovi, and during debriefing could be heard saying 'you can't brake into the corner, you have to stand it up' ....so that echoes what everyone else says. He'll be on a different/modified Duc come Sepang so fingers crossed.

Lorenzo didn't ride the new M1 but did set a benchmark on the old Yamaha. Rossi did some back to back testing and was quick on the old and new bike. His new race engineer has a big head. Thumbs Up

Pol Espagaro couldn't keep the smile off his face. Went well.

Scott Redding all beat up still rode the Honda well and during a debrief the engineer said 'So...the engine a bit lazy?' Scott laughs 'No, not lazy at all'.

PBM bikes were out on track. One with the standard Dorna(Magneti Marelli) ECU software and another without.

Bridgestone are sussing whether the 'Open class' bikes will require softer tyres like they supplied for the CRTs.
I'm still getting my head around the new rules for 2014.

Day 2 and Marc and Dani join in...and Bradley.

https://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/a49b5eac4b1111e3b56112c8cf378460_8.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the fuel dropping by 1 litre next year. I want prototype racing, not production racing or I'd watch WSBK.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will still have prototypes racing. They will have full control over their ECU and 21lts of fuel to use. I need to check this next bit but I'm sure they're still only allowed 6 engines but this doesn't seem to be a problem as Lorenzo and others were reported to be using last seasons engines during the test.
Chassis will be protype too.
...and if you are going to switch then switch to BSBK. Wink

[Edit] 20ltrs for the full factory teams.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 18:09 - 13 Nov 2013; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anywhere to catch up on the testing?

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pol is going pretty well for his first test. There's only 45 mins left and hayden is 15th, so don't know if he's going to put in any fast laps or not...

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:25 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really follow the racing, but am kinda interested in watching a few...where can I see this shit? Mr. Green

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 12 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live feed: https://cricfree.tv/live/watch/motogp_winter_testing/16305

rac3r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:17 - 13 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal went faster in testing than in the race. Gigi said there should be a new bike at Sepang but it will take 2-3 years before they start winning Laughing

I agree we should have motorsports in winter not summer!!

Chequered Flag

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 19 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year Nicky won the championship.
I bet it makes him feel old Laughing

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/301078/images/BZDlUrrCEAAXpgA.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 19 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gpone.com/images/ARCHIVIO/2013/Foto/04_Aprile/rossi-marquez.JPG Surprised

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 19 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alright, now get this kid away already!"

What Rossi and Hayden were saying at the time of the photo.. and again in 2013 probably Laughing

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 20 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone mentioned Bradley Smith? - 2nd at the end of testing behind only Marquez, on Cals old bike (no seamless gearbox).

Promising sign.

Also, Pol Esp was apparently leaning the M1 more than Lorenzo, Tech 3 had to raise the pegs up to the highest setting as he kept on touching them down.

DoohanFan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:51 - 04 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drax wrote:
Can't believe that Rossi has just sacked Jeremy Burgess! Shocked

IMO. He's clutching at straws about who to blame for his career going downhill.

Maybe Casey was right...about his ambition.......! Smile

I'll be honest from the start, this may sound like BS but....

I work in the high end Automotive composite industry. We have a new engineer who, during his induction, let slip he has worked for multiple Motogp teams and, being Italian, knows many of the racers...including Rossi whom he lives 2 miles away from.

Sounds like BS I know but he has shown me pics of the two of them and the cad drawings he worked on for VR's carbon lid.
But I digress.

Turns out that the reason that JB was sacked was that whilst he was a genius setting up the bikes of old he simply was just not up to scratch when it came to the new all electronics era ( a point in JB's favour in my humble).

Look at his track record and this kinda makes sense. His last rider before VR was Doohan who actively fought against all electronic aids, much to HRC's frustration. VR has used as little as possible and as soon as the electronic era really took off , and he was saddled with the Ducati, his riders results started to slide.

Did you see how the Yam handled at Losail? Near perfect setup.
Why?
Because his new chief is incredibly knowledgeable in electronic set up/rider aids.

So whilst I was disgusted with Rossi's decision at the time, maybe he was right.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 05 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoohanFan wrote:
Drax wrote:
Can't believe that Rossi has just sacked Jeremy Burgess! Shocked

IMO. He's clutching at straws about who to blame for his career going downhill.

Maybe Casey was right...about his ambition.......! Smile

I'll be honest from the start, this may sound like BS but....

I work in the high end Automotive composite industry. We have a new engineer who, during his induction, let slip he has worked for multiple Motogp teams and, being Italian, knows many of the racers...including Rossi whom he lives 2 miles away from.

Sounds like BS I know but he has shown me pics of the two of them and the cad drawings he worked on for VR's carbon lid.
But I digress.

Turns out that the reason that JB was sacked was that whilst he was a genius setting up the bikes of old he simply was just not up to scratch when it came to the new all electronics era ( a point in JB's favour in my humble).

Look at his track record and this kinda makes sense. His last rider before VR was Doohan who actively fought against all electronic aids, much to HRC's frustration. VR has used as little as possible and as soon as the electronic era really took off , and he was saddled with the Ducati, his riders results started to slide.

Did you see how the Yam handled at Losail? Near perfect setup.
Why?
Because his new chief is incredibly knowledgeable in electronic set up/rider aids.

So whilst I was disgusted with Rossi's decision at the time, maybe he was right.

Thumbs Down at thread ressurection.

Also Rossi finished 2nd at Qatar last year with Burgess, so your theory rather falls apart there. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the others circuits now.

DoohanFan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:26 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Yamaha so far this year.

Your right, it has been interesting to see what's happened at the other circuits.

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Thumbs Down at thread ressurection.

Also Rossi finished 2nd at Qatar last year with Burgess, so your theory rather falls apart there. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the others circuits now.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2