Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Asks for advice on NTV 650's.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 27 May 2014    Post subject: Asks for advice on NTV 650's..... Reply with quote

Buys a CBR 600 Mr. Green

Came up local and I haggled the owner down to a reasonable price, its a 1990, 47k miles, European Import (lights permanently on).

Runs great, has reasonable amount of service history (valves and CCT mainly of note), full stainless exhaust system and I love the colours Very Happy going to see about rigging up some hard panniers in addition to the rack for rally season (a little worried that the missus likes it too and she normally hates bikes, god forbid should I have to start taking her out on it!).
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/CBR%20600/IMG_10821_zps76b41387.jpg
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/CBR%20600/IMG_10811_zpse4c35ee6.jpg
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/CBR%20600/IMG_10801_zpsda02fbc4.jpg

Liking it so far for just how nimble it is compared to the VFR but the power is just about right for the road (oh and the seat isn't on properly due to me just fitting the brand new VFR battery too it for peace of mind).

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 27 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's had a nicely done quality job made of the Castrol replica paintwork that's for sure! Smile

I like early CBR's, but Id step on one to get to a mint GPZ600R! It's a Kwak thing! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 28 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bloody good paint job, its nice to have a bright bike for a change too.

Don't know if anybody is familiar with these models but stripped it down today and found a bit that seems like a fuel filter, you can see it in pic no. 1 if you look at the gear lever just behind it in the shadow underneath the swinging arm is something that looks like a can with an outlet, it had one pipe leading off it to the carb but was barely even attached, removed it now as if it is a fuel filter it already has an in-line one fitted so it seemed a bit redundant.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1