BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawasaki ZZR600 Project (pic heavy)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:20 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just got listed on ebay, would be ideal for this project: https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251583608301&globalID=EBAY-GB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_mjs_ wrote:
This just got listed on ebay, would be ideal for this project: https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251583608301&globalID=EBAY-GB

Thanks for posting it, it would have been perfect but im too close to my budget at the moment so i'l have to make do with the repaired ones i have.

I just tested the CDI after finally getting hold of a multimeter and its failing most of the resistance tests that are in the manual. I'l order a new one and see if that fixes the problem.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 400cc engine from a zzr400k that would fit that and make it a2 restrictable. Came with the 400 I bought PO said it works he just couldn't be arsed sorting the valve timings so swapped the lump with the spare it came with when he bought it.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
I've got a 400cc engine from a zzr400k that would fit that and make it a2 restrictable. Came with the 400 I bought PO said it works he just couldn't be arsed sorting the valve timings so swapped the lump with the spare it came with when he bought it.

Thanks but i think i going to sell the bike now. Turns out that the front fairing is completely knackered so i'm just going to get rid of the bike Mad . Might be getting a job soon, so hopefully in a couple of months i will have enough to get something decent.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:49 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you break it and you're anywhere near Wiltshire send me a link for any parts you put on eBay I may be after a few little odds n sods

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 27 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
If you break it and you're anywhere near Wiltshire send me a link for any parts you put on eBay I may be after a few little odds n sods

I'm in South Wales, but i'l let you know if i do.

I stuck the bike up on ebay the other day and had someone buy it for £300, which isnt bad considering i paid that. The buyer turned up and wasnt happy with the condition and ended up not buying it.
Somehow oil has started leaking from the clutch case because the oil window is cracked and the front forks are leaking since i last took a look at the bike... He also wasnt happy with the conditions of the wheels as apparently he only wanted it for the engine, forks and wheels for a GPZ project. if he told me before he came i could have said they where shite Rolling Eyes

Anyway i'm stuck between deciding weather or not to re-list it and accepting the loss which will probably be quite a bit, or to stick a ZZR400 engine in it and keep it. Does anyone know though if i would have to change anything else on the bike to match the new engine and what would it do to my insurance?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:19 - 27 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
wr6133 wrote:

I'm in South Wales, but i'l let you know if i do.

I stuck the bike up on ebay the other day and had someone buy it for £300, which isnt bad considering i paid that. The buyer turned up and wasnt happy with the condition and ended up not buying it.
Somehow oil has started leaking from the clutch case because the oil window is cracked and the front forks are leaking since i last took a look at the bike... He also wasnt happy with the conditions of the wheels as apparently he only wanted it for the engine, forks and wheels for a GPZ project. if he told me before he came i could have said they where shite Rolling Eyes

Anyway i'm stuck between deciding weather or not to re-list it and accepting the loss which will probably be quite a bit, or to stick a ZZR400 engine in it and keep it. Does anyone know though if i would have to change anything else on the bike to match the new engine and what would it do to my insurance?

If you can't afford to progress with it, break it and you'll probably make a profit............eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 27 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go the 400 route like I said I have one spare. It just needs the clutch cover and the flywheel cover (your 600 ones should fit it). You'd need carbs for it but the CDI, etc from your 600 should work with it. 30 quid or I'd do a straight swap for your 600 lump.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 28 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
If you go the 400 route like I said I have one spare. It just needs the clutch cover and the flywheel cover (your 600 ones should fit it). You'd need carbs for it but the CDI, etc from your 600 should work with it. 30 quid or I'd do a straight swap for your 600 lump.

Thanks, il have to have a think about what i'm going to do and get back to you if thats ok.

I would break the bike as i know i would eventually get more than i paid, but i'm moving back to my university flat soon and leaving the bike at my parents house so it would just make things difficult.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 28 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:

Thanks, il have to have a think about what i'm going to do and get back to you if thats ok.

That's fine just shoot me a PM if/when you want it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2