Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New biker booked test

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Matt2002a
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:56 - 26 Jul 2014    Post subject: New biker booked test Reply with quote

Hello, I have recently decided to take the plunge and get on a bike! I contacted my local motorbike training school (who have been great) who then have booked my test and lessons for me. I start with a cbt in Monday, theory on Tuesday, lessons wed thurs fri and mod 1 following Monday. Then start mod 2 with lessons Tuesday and Thursday with test in Friday. Does this seem I compact? I think DAS do it quicker but I've never even sat on a bike. [/i]

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:18 - 26 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 days of training including the CBT is actually pretty generous; some schools try and squeeze you through with half that.

However, you'll still only learn the bare minimum to pass the tests, so consider getting your license to be the start of your learning process.

And I'd be careful about committing a serious amount of money to it in case you just don't get on well during the CBT, or it turns out that all of their instructors are shouty spackers - it's sadly common. Sad

kevin_cambs_uk
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 26 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a week between my lessons, and I found that easier to cope with cause it allowed everything I had learned to sink in.

After the CBT I had such a headache because there is so much to learn, that there is no way I could have gone back the day after.

So in between lessons I would go over in my head what I had learned and what I needed more information on. I topped it up with stuff from people on the internet and reading books.

The thing about motorbikes, is that it 'looks' so easy, but when I got on one I realised just how much I took for granted as a car driver. For example, in a car you don't look out for man hole covers or gravel in your ride path etc, cause it don't really matter, but on a bike its a different story.

So it was a good pace for me, I learned so much it was immense, reading books every night, even just working out the MOD 1 manoeuvres and how that bolted together.

So a lot to learn, but definitely worth it, but don't underestimate it would be my advice, and get some books to read, cause there is so much you need to know and it never stops.

Matt2002a
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:37 - 12 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well passed my cbt with flying colours. My instructor was really impressed since I had never been on a bike before. Throry was a walk in the park as expected! My Mod 1 training went great, was confident about the test. Mod 1 test day came and the wind started! First test was cancelled, I was absaloutly DEVESTATED! My instructor managed to get me a test the next day, the wind didn't stop Crying or Very sad now I can't get my mod 1 done this week so have lost my mod 2 test on Friday.

With work commitments I'm not sure when I can reschedule, feel like all the hard work and money has been wasted as it will be a few months before I can get back to the training school.

northernsky
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:14 - 13 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont stress it, take your time and build up your confidence. use the periods between to think about what you need to do etc

i passed my CBT and i'm now running around on a 125 to get my confidence up and learn things before i go for my mod 1.

by the way, how long does the mod 1 last after you pass, is it 2 years like the cbt?

Matt2002a
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:26 - 13 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how long it lasts but I think it lasts until the theory etc runs out.

I'm not really into the idea of buying a 125 as I found the 650 a totally different machine altogether. And I can't afford 2 bikes aswell as paying for all the lessons and tests lol. Just been looking and I can't get a test now till 8th September Sad

Efes123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 14 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt2002a wrote:
I'm not sure how long it lasts but I think it lasts until the theory etc runs out.

I'm not really into the idea of buying a 125 as I found the 650 a totally different machine altogether. And I can't afford 2 bikes aswell as paying for all the lessons and tests lol. Just been looking and I can't get a test now till 8th September Sad

Book the earliest one you can find, then check the site every day. Schools often block book the tests and there are often cancellations. If you see an earlier one, book it then check with the school. You can always change your date free of charge.

Hefty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:37 - 14 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernsky wrote:
dont stress it, take your time and build up your confidence. use the periods between to think about what you need to do etc

i passed my CBT and i'm now running around on a 125 to get my confidence up and learn things before i go for my mod 1.

by the way, how long does the mod 1 last after you pass, is it 2 years like the cbt?

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=181081

RE your training, dont put yourself under unnecessary pressure. A gap between doesn't mean you've lost all your prior training. It'll come back to you. I'm in a similar position having work commitments etc so I know how you feel.. You wanna keep the ball rolling.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1