Info on Brands indy...?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:57 - 04 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Especially in novice, wets should be particularly fun as you can easily go as fast as other people in the group are going in the dry in heavy rain! When said same people are pootling around double-slow, can get a nice ego boost zipping by them Smile.

Good grip I take it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:00 - 04 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially at this time of year, should be massively better than road or track tyres.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:36 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is well. We aren't deaded and the SV is pretty good at killing slower riders on litre bikes. Win Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:02 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
All is well. We aren't deaded and the SV is pretty good at killing slower riders on litre bikes. Win Mr. Green

And (with my old one) always great when they come up to you and ask "what is that, a TL1000?" and you explain it's a 650 commuter Smile.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:49 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

And (with my old one) always great when they come up to you and ask "what is that, a TL1000?" and you explain it's a 650 commuter Smile.

Well... it was a good day. Will post details/pics/wangs etc

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy wrote:

Don't delay, sorry I couldn't be there. Have u got ur triple yet?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:58 - 09 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fowlersrs wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Don't delay, sorry I couldn't be there. Have u got ur triple yet?

Show and tell Wink

Triple is picked up on Saturday but happened to ride the 675 today.. so take a look Very Happy

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time all round Mr. Green
www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=292350&highlight=

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 20 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Few of us going on July 23 if anyone fancies.

I will be down to watch from about 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

What bikes are you riding??

Always have a 'Plan B'

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:12 - 20 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

11th inters is my next

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama-Farmer wrote:
Usually at the start of the day they'll send people round behind an instructor at a relatively slow pace, to get some sighting laps in to learn the corners and braking points.

But often you cant see the instructor for shit if your not in the front 5/6 peeps

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:

But often you cant see the instructor for shit if your not in the front 5/6 peeps

Why does that matter?

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:
MissEd wrote:

Why does that matter?

You wont be able to see the lines they take.

Extract from Bendy's track tips

"Sighting Laps
The first session in the novice group usually has several sighting laps (may even be the whole session behind the instructor, depending on the company). If you're new to the track, the best thing to do is to line up right at the front of the queue so you're right behind the instructor - that way you can watch their lines and learn a bit about the track. I find if you hang to the back of the group you tend to spend more time trying to keep up with the pack as it gets elongated round corners and straights and you won't really get the same benefit."

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:

You wont be able to see the lines they take.

Extract from Bendy's track tips

"Sighting Laps
The first session in the novice group usually has several sighting laps (may even be the whole session behind the instructor, depending on the company). If you're new to the track, the best thing to do is to line up right at the front of the queue so you're right behind the instructor - that way you can watch their lines and learn a bit about the track. I find if you hang to the back of the group you tend to spend more time trying to keep up with the pack as it gets elongated round corners and straights and you won't really get the same benefit."

Ah I see, well up front is best then. However, if everyone is in a long snake, then it shouldn't really make much odds? The sighting laps are normally done at such a painfully slow pace (for good reason) that it is hard to follow the lines anyway as you just don't have enough pace to 'flow'.

There are normally cones laid out indicating apex and turn in points, these are probably the better aid when things get going.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:

Ah I see, well up front is best then. However, if everyone is in a long snake, then it shouldn't really make much odds? The sighting laps are normally done at such a painfully slow pace (for good reason) that it is hard to follow the lines anyway as you just don't have enough pace to 'flow'.

There are normally cones laid out indicating apex and turn in points, these are probably the better aid when things get going.

Yes, it is slow, but no 'snake', people all over the shop and more so as you go further back in the pack.... Besides, I don't want to rely on Chinese eye sightings!

If you missed seeing the lines, then you can always ask an instructor to show you them in a latter session - well worth it.

Cones, yes I've seen them at some tracks (Snetterton), but not all... (Brands/Rocks/Mallory), but being a complete Novice myself, I may well just need to improve on my own peripheral vision SO much that I missed them!

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 11 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:

Yes, it is slow, but no 'snake', people all over the shop and more so as you go further back in the pack.... Besides, I don't want to rely on Chinese eye sightings!

If you missed seeing the lines, then you can always ask an instructor to show you them in a latter session - well worth it.

Cones, yes I've seen them at some tracks (Snetterton), but not all... (Brands/Rocks/Mallory), but being a complete Novice myself, I may well just need to improve on my own peripheral vision SO much that I missed them!

With the likes of yew-toob these days, there really is no excuse not to have a fair idea of where the lines are well before going anywhere near the track ...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3