BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Police officer browbeats a biker into doing speed awareness

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:34 - 09 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an S59 for a similar thing last November.

They saw me accelerate around a corner from a set of lights that had just changed. Now my bike is loud and the bandit tops out at 40 in first and I change gear pretty late, so I admit it would have been screaming a bit.

Copper tells me to "get the fuck off the bike now" and starts ranting at how he had to do 80mph. I argue back saying just because he did 80mph doesn't mean I was. He then rants back stating that he felt uncomfortable doing that kind of speed in the area we were in, in his land rover Laughing

Got given an S59 and sent on my way. I was willing to argue the toss if it wasn't one, but as we all know, you can't just refuse to sign an S59 Sad

Just before the clip starts, that copper says "if they try tell us their wheelie was by accident, we know that can't happen"
I've gone over tiny brows in the road and the front on my bandit has lifted, unintentionally. I'm pretty sure on something like an R1 it can come up a whole lot easier!

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 09 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Just before the clip starts, that copper says "if they try tell us their wheelie was by accident, we know that can't happen"
I've gone over tiny brows in the road and the front on my bandit has lifted, unintentionally. I'm pretty sure on something like an R1 it can come up a whole lot easier!

I've pulled a few accidental wheelies, my 750 loved a little second gear floater over pretty much any bump, especially once I'd dropped the gearing.

That said, it never happened while I was riding in a way that I'd be happy being observed by a policeman, so I guess I get his point.

Maybe 'that can't happen accidentally unless you're already riding like a bit of a pratt' would be more accurate?

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 11 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about something like the 1290? That thing sounds like it lifts the front for fun quite easily

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:46 - 11 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
What about something like the 1290? That thing sounds like it lifts the front for fun quite easily

Yes, but you still have to be twisting the throttle rather aggressively. Which I tend not to do around the rozzers. Don't give them an excuse.

blackbosh
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 16 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them bloody Mts will lift if you try and pull away into an NSL road with traffic. Yes I am a new biker and it would be an accident but one that could happen in front of plod. Innocently. But they won't see it that way they would see my young face and think yobbo straight from a moped.

Not bitter much about the fact that I got a 59 for being in a convoy many a year ago

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 20 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackbosh wrote:

Not bitter much about the fact that I got a 59 for being in a convoy many a year ago

Not bitter about mine either, for a road legal exhaust with it's baffle in but officer angry still insisted it was too loud and because it had not got a kite mark I was having a ticket. I argued that the BS number superseded the Kite mark so he gave me the S59 instead and said he would be on the look out for my bike Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2