Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

YBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:17 - 16 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it now, a big line of L plates wobbling around town and bimbling at 50mph Cool it would certainly be a change to the groups I see whizzing past at a fuckton miles per hour producing lots of noise.

Let's not exclude other 125s though! except scooters Shhh!

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 16 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, although I can see a lot of people getting annoyed Laughing

I'd be up for it although that being said we're probably spread over the country - I'm in Cheshire, about 15 miles from Liverpool.

DangerousSpot
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:12 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i am fairly new to this forum and just finished going through this whole thread which i would say is one of the best i have seen so far. hats off to iain who has put in a lot og effort with the step by step guides, it was very helpful. i have had a ybr 125 2012 model for just over a year now and love it. i have done a fair number of mods to it such as adding a baglux tank cover, changing front lights, adding led lights, adding the black tinted puig windscreen, adding a leovince exhaust pipe etc etc and i do not regret any of it. at the moment i am looking into getting a 13T front sprocket and would be greatful for your advice İAİN, knowing that you have some experience, or anyone else that could help. i use my bike within London so i never have to reach top speeds or anything but would love to increase the acceration:

do you think it is a good idea to get a 13T sprocket?
is it east to fit on? will i have any problems?
and where can i actually get one? i know you said ebay but thing is i cant find one that is for the 2012 model, they all say either 2005 to 2008 or some other years? will another models sprocket be suitable for the 2012? if so which one? if you have a link to one i would be very greatful

p.s one other mod i have made is i took my seat to an upholstery place which 1. made my seat more comfy with soft foam 2. made the seat a bit higher which i wanted and 3. changed the colour to red Very Happy

hopefully i will post a thread soon when i am finished with my bike with all the mods i have done and pictures of it.

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 13t front sprocket on my 2008 YBR. It's geared normally for 90mph, flat out in 5th gear which it will never reach so dropping a tooth on the front is probably recommended if not necessary anyway. You'll find even dropping a tooth on the front will improve your top speed as well. I could just hit 65 with a 14t sprocket but after going down to 13t I can just hit 75 indicated. Laughing I may have been on a long downhill tucked into the tank but shhh Wink

I ordered mine via a garage who fitted the chain/sprocket set for me. I'm pretty sure any independent garage will order you one without making you use them to fit it, and they'll have better knowledge of where does them as well.

Also: pics needed of your YBR Wink Quite interested in the LEDs to be honest. Thumbs Up

DangerousSpot
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:57 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Sabian, thanks for your reply.

to be honest i have never been to a garage, i try my best to sort everything out myself. mainly because i enjoy it but also because i find workers at garages very unfriendly in most cases.

having said that, would you mind sharing what garage you got your sprocket chain kit fitted by, if it is in London. if it isnt in London do you mind telling me how much you paid so i know roughly how much i should expect to pay, and not get ripped off Very Happy

and i will definitely post pics of my bike when i finish with all my mods, just waiting for my uni exams to end Very Happy

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DangerousSpot wrote:
hi Sabian, thanks for your reply.

to be honest i have never been to a garage, i try my best to sort everything out myself. mainly because i enjoy it but also because i find workers at garages very unfriendly in most cases.

having said that, would you mind sharing what garage you got your sprocket chain kit fitted by, if it is in London. if it isnt in London do you mind telling me how much you paid so i know roughly how much i should expect to pay, and not get ripped off Very Happy

and i will definitely post pics of my bike when i finish with all my mods, just waiting for my uni exams to end Very Happy

Hey, not a problem.

I personally don't like garages much either, I don't really like the type of lads who work in them (but that's more personal opinion than anything else, I've never been ripped off by them so take from that what you will).

I don't live in London, I'm up north in Cheshire not far from Liverpool. I think I paid 40 quid for the parts and 40 quid labour (1 hour to fit it). It was a cheapo chain and sprocket set, not a properly expensive one because I didn't see the point when I don't need one. Hardly got the power, has it? Laughing In all honesty I can't remember entirely what I paid because I had more work done than just that (pads were changed etc).

London might be more expensive though, depends on where you go I suppose.

If you go here on wemoto and scroll to the bottom you can choose the 13t sprocket - I'd personally change the rear and the chain at the same time but that's just me. It's all there - you can get the whole set for under 50 quid and if you are up to fitting them yourself a Haynes manual is 13 quid off eBay (that's what I paid anyway).

DangerousSpot
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:48 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i would definitely prefer to give it a go myself and thats why i have been looking online to see where i could purchase it. i also think it is a good idea to change the chain and rear sprocket (certainly is for mine as it is very rusty) but as i have said before the problem i am having is that i cannot find one suitable for the 2012 model. i checked the link you mentioned and it says 2007-2009 model and in fact i checked JT's own website and they dont have one for 2012 either so i am a bit stuck. do you have any idea about whether the 07-09 13t sprocket will go on the 2012 model, i know of some people that have done it before but said they had to change a few bolts and screws? worse comes worse i will go to a garage and try to get some tips from them on the sly Very Happy

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DangerousSpot wrote:
yeah i would definitely prefer to give it a go myself and thats why i have been looking online to see where i could purchase it. i also think it is a good idea to change the chain and rear sprocket (certainly is for mine as it is very rusty) but as i have said before the problem i am having is that i cannot find one suitable for the 2012 model. i checked the link you mentioned and it says 2007-2009 model and in fact i checked JT's own website and they dont have one for 2012 either so i am a bit stuck. do you have any idea about whether the 07-09 13t sprocket will go on the 2012 model, i know of some people that have done it before but said they had to change a few bolts and screws? worse comes worse i will go to a garage and try to get some tips from them on the sly Very Happy

Honestly no idea - I've got a 2012 model and I know there are differences between the two but to what extent, I don't know. Have you tried Yamaha themselves?

DangerousSpot
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:04 - 04 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

if yours is 2012 model atleast i know there is a 13t sprocket out there that works on it Very Happy but yeah i will go to yamaha garage tomorrow and see what they have to say,

thanks for your help

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 05 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

DangerousSpot wrote:
if yours is 2012 model atleast i know there is a 13t sprocket out there that works on it Very Happy but yeah i will go to yamaha garage tomorrow and see what they have to say,

thanks for your help

Mine's a 57 plate so it's late 07/early 08 model. The Haynes manual covers 05-13 years of the YBR so they can't be that dissimilar.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 23 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at doing some upgrades to my YBR in the future - I just wanted some advice and see if anybody else had done something similar?

I want to fit a tail tidy and fit a smaller plate (for show use only, honest officer Wink) with some LED lights (indicators and brake light) as the standard ones are ugly and not that bright.

What sort of tail tidy fits the YBR? I've seen a lot of universal ones but I don't want to buy one if it doesn't fit.

Also want to upgrade the front light as I've already upgraded from the standard bulb to a better one but it's not really much better. Can any light be fitted or only specific ones? Presumably the electrical system can't take a HID system?

Cheers Thumbs Up

chilloutdude
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:05 - 23 Sep 2014    Post subject: Yamaha YBR 125 Aftermarket Exhaust Issue Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I realise the last response to this thread was in January but was hoping one of you could help clear up an issue I'm having.

I have just ordered an after-market exhaust from a website called www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk for a 2009 model. Everything looked fine after researching the company and had prompt delivery. However, after looking closely at the exhaust I've noticed the logo reads 'YAMANA'. Is this a counterfeit product or a cheap knock-off? Will it be reliable enough to install on the bike? I can upload pics if that helps (new to this forum).

From looking more into the current ebay listings for YBR exhausts- nearly all appear to have this fake logo. Any help is much appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6