Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is this fraud?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Is this fraud? Reply with quote

So i'm at a friends uni.
There is an event at a local club.
Proof of being a student is required.
I dont have it, since i'm not at the uni.
If we doctored my friends UCAS letter or tax exemption form to say my name and a random student number; would there be any harsh consequences?
Like fraud on my record or similar...

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get a bad-boy bumming from the local UCAS authentication society......

Compared to some people who would do things such as photoshop insurance certs in order to tax vehicles, I'd say sneaking into a uni-event doesn't even register on the naughty scale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

At worst, in the unlikely event the bouncers give a fuck, you wont be let in.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be considered in the public interest to prosecute in this case Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave500
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:58 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just walk in with your mates Smile
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:00 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely, I'd do it.

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 30 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uni (Cardiff) would let you sign in non-student friends for the clubs and events. I think you were somehow responsible if they caused any trouble but there was no need to go sneaking around forging stuff. Won't the ID have a barcode or something on it they could scan if they really wanted to?

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it, if I wanted to get into a uni event that is. Nobody will give a toss even if they notice.

My Uni student card didn't have an expiry date, I still use it to get free cheeseburgers in McDonalds 8 years on.

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never in my time at uni was I asked to show my student card for student-only events at the uni.

Had to show driving licence a fair few times to prove I was over 18, but if you look to be of normal student age (late teens/early 20s) then unlikely to be an issue.

Certainly won't get into any trouble though they'll just not let you in, or at most if they think its fake they may just confiscate it and throw it away.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 15:03 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking so they want people to go and, I'm assuming here, spend money at the bar. If you're prepared to spend money why wouldn't they let you in? As said wander in as a group, I doubt they'll really be bothered to check individual ids.

BTW I always thought student id was a NUS card? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past weekend a biker friend and me headed to a large country house estate, which had an event on. We arrived in the afternoon and were informed that tickets were £10...no discounts despite the event finishing in a few hours. Shocked

We wandered around the outside of the event, explored the grounds and then started inspecting the fence seeing if we could 'get in'. As luck would have it we found a small side gate slightly ajar, and we walked in and enjoyed the event.

At no time did I feel like a fraudster. If I'd climbed over the fence, maybe so...

What I'm saying, is go for it... if you get in - you're in - bonus!!! Cool

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
BTW I always thought student id was a NUS card? Confused

It is, but issued by the specific university. It is an NUS membership card whilst at the same time being a university identification card, used on campus for things like barcode access to libraries and gyms etc. then for getting your free McD cheeseburger and student discount on shopping or cinema tickets etc.

An NUS associate card, for people who are students (in non-compulsary education) at like college/6th form but not members of an affiliated student union can apply for these cards which again give the usual student discounts etc.

The event in question may allow any students, or it may be specific students of that university if it is on a uni campus, or just students in that city, say "uni of" and "met" students in places with 2 universities like leeds/manchester.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama-Farmer wrote:
It is, but issued by the specific university. It is an NUS membership card whilst at the same time being a university identification card, used on campus for things like barcode access to libraries and gyms etc. then for getting your free McD cheeseburger and student discount on shopping or cinema tickets etc.

An NUS associate card, for people who are students (in non-compulsary education) at like college/6th form but not members of an affiliated student union can apply for these cards which again give the usual student discounts etc.

The event in question may allow any students, or it may be specific students of that university if it is on a uni campus, or just students in that city, say "uni of" and "met" students in places with 2 universities like leeds/manchester.

At my uni, we had out Uni-issued ID card, for building access, printers and library etc etc

Then you could but a "NUS Extra" card for £10 which was the fella that gave you all the student discount and shit. If you wanted to join any sports clubs, you also needed to buy a "Sports Card" for another tenner Wink

I never really bothered buying either the NUS card or the sports card, I realised a few weeks ago that after 4 years of being a student, I don't think I ever asked for the ubiquitous "student discount" at a till (apart from say buying student cinema tickets), it never even crossed my mind to ask... That said the I don't really buy any of the high-street shit that apparently comes with student discount, so I didn't miss out on much.

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
At my uni, we had out Uni-issued ID card, for building access, printers and library etc etc

Then you could but a "NUS Extra" card for £10 which was the fella that gave you all the student discount and shit. If you wanted to join any sports clubs, you also needed to buy a "Sports Card" for another tenner Wink

I never really bothered buying either the NUS card or the sports card, I realised a few weeks ago that after 4 years of being a student, I don't think I ever asked for the ubiquitous "student discount" at a till (apart from say buying student cinema tickets), it never even crossed my mind to ask... That said the I don't really buy any of the high-street shit that apparently comes with student discount, so I didn't miss out on much.

Same here. NUS card was an extra tenner so I never bothered....

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

When were you both at uni?

Might be that things have changed more recently, everyone I know who's been to uni in the last 10 or so years the university student card has been dual purpose as an NUS card too.

Or at least everyone who's student id card I've seen. So maybe at least 8 different unis

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 01 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink a couple of bottles of Thunderbird first, so you're more relaxed with the bouncers Thumbs Up

I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

https://s11.postimg.org/f9s2pz083/cwat.jpg

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 02 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't doctor any documents.

Just waltz straight in after flashing my driving license.

A good night was had by all.

Some bimbo asked me to buy her a shot for no apparent reason.
So I asked for a blow job.
The exchange did not go ahead unfortunately.

Kai.Wilson
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:53 - 03 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor show on the lack of action lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1