Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

recommend me an e-cig

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: recommend me an e-cig Reply with quote

So, I’ve read through the e-cigging threads but I’m still rather confused. Can someone link me to a kit that is relatively cheap and small?

For the past (ages) I’ve been using those cigarette-type ones that you can buy in Morrisons, taking the lid off the cartridge and filling with cheap e-liquid (3 bottles for £5).

But, after a week or two the packing inside seems to break down and it leaks everywhere and won’t hold any fluid, meaning I have to buy the extortionately priced cartridges at £7 for 2.

I just need a small kit, battery life not an issue, as cheap as possible so I can just refill it without it leaking.

Also has anyone used the ones they are selling in the Premier convenience stores? They are £14 but not sure how good they are or how long they will last? The ones I've seen on the other thread all seem to be £40 and up.

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.vapourlites.com/stoptober/advanced-stoptober-kit.html

Use the code STOP50 at checkout and it's half price. Doesn't have a charger though so check your charger from your current stuff fits.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, that looks good, but it says the clearomizer is disposable and should last 1-2 months. Are they all like that? I don't want to be buying parts!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got clearomizers here I've used a lot longer than that. If they do wear out then they don't cost a whole lot on eBay (10 for around 9 quid).

I've got the set I linked and a couple of same but unbranded batteries from eBay, I find with 3 I can vape all day without needing to charge (2 would probably be enough if you can get to a usb to charge at some point in the day). The branded vapourlite battery lasts longer than the larger unbranded ones I have.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:47 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
Cheers, that looks good, but it says the clearomizer is disposable and should last 1-2 months. Are they all like that? I don't want to be buying parts!

You can get all sorts of clearo's, cartomizers, tanks etc whereby you can clean them and just replace the heads (EVODs are the current early go-to, and replacing a head is cheaper than replacing the whole clearo).

You will always need to buy parts of some description though. I usually have 5 or 10 spare heads knocking around so when one starts tasting a bit off, or getting tight in the draw, I just clean it and replace the head.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where I started:

https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/advanced-kits/starter-kits/tornado-t-starter-kit-and-2-x-e-liquid-product.html

Almost certainly not the best, ditto the cheapest. But it all works adequately, and most important of all, the amount of fags you smoke will shrink to almost none. Maybe just the odd one here and there, which you'll probably just accept if offered.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

17-in-87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:45 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://myepack.co.uk/kits/mini-protank-2-kit.html

This one.

Comes with 5 spare heads, all you need to add is liquid.

£20 Thumbs Up

Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional...

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

17-in-87 wrote:
https://myepack.co.uk/kits/mini-protank-2-kit.html

This one.

Comes with 5 spare heads, all you need to add is liquid.

£20 Thumbs Up
that looks just the ticket. Much obliged all

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 20 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked the pro tank. It used to spit in my mouth Embarassed

I've got the aspire nautillus. By far the best tank I've used, it is massive though and not really one to take out doors. The nautillus mini is better on the move but still rather large. Same adjustable airflow as with the full size nautillus.

My really mobile one now is the aspire k1. No adjustable airflow on this one but still really good flavour with them dual coils. The k1 head is more expensive, but you can replace just the coil on these which is something like £2 a pop.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:03 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evod, or preferably an Evod 2 or glass.

Cheap, simple, doesn't look like a space age medical implement but very satisfying.

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
https://www.vapourlites.com/stoptober/advanced-stoptober-kit.html

Use the code STOP50 at checkout and it's half price. Doesn't have a charger though so check your charger from your current stuff fits.

Exclamation Do not do this. Please.

If it does not come with a charger, and you are just getting started - BUY AND USE THE CORRECT CHARGER FOR THE DEVICE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Re: recommend me an e-cig Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
So, I’ve read through the e-cigging threads but I’m still rather confused. Can someone link me to a kit that is relatively cheap and small?

Did you not ***Read Kerr's Post, Middle of p39 for newbies.*** ?

TBH, would have been a better idea to post this question in the actual thread IMO.

Turkish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:46 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

For genuine tabacco flavours go here: https://www.houseofliquid.com/

No affiliation. All their liquids are made from tabacco leaves and then steeped in oak barrels. The result is a very potent and smoky tabacco flavour with woody notes. The "Cellar Reserve" is steeped for 3 weeks in an oak barrel used for storing Metaxa brandy - you can probably imagine how that tastes (i.e. fucking awesome).

My personal favourite is El Toro Guevara, tried the 12mg and 18mg. Both are good.

The only downside is that they have a very high % VG which clings to your coil and reduces it's useful life to around 10mls of vaping before replacement - once every few days with moderate/high use.

If you buy rebuildable coils though you can get a 50 or so rebuilds worth of wire & wick for around £5. It is a bit fiddly though. Having said that, I quit smoking around 3 months ago - there is no way I will ever go back now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1