Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Not been paid holiday pay - What do?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

b422063
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:05 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Not been paid holiday pay - What do? Reply with quote

Sorry for having a bit of a whine to boot with seeking advise.

I did some temp work earlier this year. My contract states for X hours worked I get Y days in holiday.

I asked about taking this holiday whilst still working for them, but I was told I would be paid it when I left. I've got a permanent job now, so I told this temp employer I would like my P45 and my holiday pay. Got my P45, no holiday pay. I was told it was up to my manager to fill in the holiday form. No matter who I talk to, I'm being told there's nothing that can be done.

What is the best way to proceed from here? I just want what I'm entitled to. I didn't create the contract, I just read and signed it.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 13:18 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a chat with Citizens Advice. They should have some experience of this.

Depends on the amount, do you know it?
Have you a copy of the contract?
Do you have your timesheet(s) for the time period you're claiming?
Citizens Advice will need this info.

Could write a letter asking for it and then saying you're prepared to go legal with it. There are templates on line for small claims. If no reply or negative then do small claims online (use Money Claim Online, it's cheaper). You pay but if you win get those costs back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temp direct with company or via agency?

If via agency they should be sorting it out

b422063
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:25 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directly with the company.

BakesBeans
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:33 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write a letter to the company stating that they owe you the holiday pay, that's what the citizen's advice would say.

b422063
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:53 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BakesBeans wrote:
Write a letter to the company stating that they owe you the holiday pay, that's what the citizen's advice would say.

I've done that. Due to the fact this is a huge faceless corporation, most correspondence is being done through email as that's the only way the appropriate people can be contacted.

I've spoken with CAB. They said contact the CEO advising that I've been messed about and give them one last chance and then small claims court. With the documentation I have they cannot see how I can lose. Writing to the CEO and will see what occurs.

Multi-million pound corporation and I just want what I'm entitled to, <£100. Sad

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 12:24 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

b422063 wrote:
...contact the CEO...give them one last chance...then small claims court...

Sounds like a plan.

I take it you've seen the CAB letter before action template for the CEO email/letter (write as letter and paste to email - make sure you tick received and read flags for confirmation). Amend as appropriate (it's for faulty goods but it'll work for your claim).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion

PostPosted: 08:40 - 24 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

b422063 wrote:
Multi-million pound corporation and I just want what I'm entitled to, <£100. Sad

If a company employing 5 people rips £100 off each employee, that's only £500.
If a company employing 50,000 rips £100 off each employee, that's £5 million.

This may be why I work for one of the top 10 employers (by numbers employed) in the UK and they fuck my wage slip up every month.

If your letters don't work, they will cave in as soon as they get a summons.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1