Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pitbike Supermoto - Round 1/2 race report - UPDATE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5 - 19 entries.

Heat 1 4th, heat 2 6th, heat 3 crashed out of 4th and snapped a lever.

3rd in the final so on the podium with a trophy.

Dropped my pb time from a 41.1 to a 40.3. Progress. Smile

https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/nark_square/2194E636-4A83-4CEE-B275-0EFB90BC8712_zpsx1zii6vr.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:57 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Garth Clapping

My race weekend was not as successful as Garth's, but I did manage to improve my personal best laptime by two seconds, and I started and finished every race. I was also not on the back of the grid in the final, which means I must have done at least one thing right somewhere!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:42 - 05 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 6: Progress!

I cut my laptime by another three seconds and managed to not come last in the final! Shame the timing loop broke just before the end of the race... no word of a lie. Sad

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/mpbs-r6-1-cropped.jpg

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 08 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three seconds is a lot. That was my last round that I can do, although I might come for Saturday night practice. Not great results for me but better times. I have no rear grip and everyone is flying away down tge straights - need to investigate.

https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/nark_square/82779E77-0783-43D6-B72E-33B798FF4F6D_zpssacsdd6y.jpg

https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y459/nark_square/AC353CD3-50CB-499D-8E39-8A55C0F1AAFF_zps9fodjr4b.jpg

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:01 - 08 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Three seconds is a lot. That was my last round that I can do, although I might come for Saturday night practice. Not great results for me but better times. I have no rear grip and everyone is flying away down tge straights - need to investigate.

Yeah I'm running fairly consistent 47.5 second laps now, which I'm pleased with but most people seem to be running 40-42 second laps. I can still gain on corner speed, the chicane before the straight, the first corner and nailing the gear change before the second corner. The bike feels like it's running a little wide in the wide hairpin left hander too. There are still gains to be made, and I need to work on my lines a bit so hopefully I can gain a little more time.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:50 - 01 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 7:

13th in the final and a 46.1 laptime, nigh on a second and a half off of my previous time. Still gains to be made, I can still go faster, so it's all good. Everyone else seems to be getting faster too, with the next slowest person this round doing a 43.5, most people doing 42-40s and the fast people doing 38s...

I've also noticed that some people can stoppie their bikes, which I most certainly can't do... Perhaps I need to do some investigation too.

Still, in the second and third rounds most of the pack were doing 45 second laptimes... so I probably just need a few more slow people to turn up! Smile

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 15 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing all the action now and watching my end of season trophies slip away from me. How's it all going?

Think they're bringing in mag wheels next year.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:30 - 18 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
I'm missing all the action now and watching my end of season trophies slip away from me. How's it all going?

Think they're bringing in mag wheels next year.

Matt Lockyer is QUICK.

Jim is winning everything.

James Hillier is doing OK although he seems to crash a fair bit.

only had 19 riders sign on last meeting.

Tall Paul broke his ankle in a start line crash, and is out for the rest of the season.

Other than that, same as usual.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:56 - 29 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 8. 45.7 laptime, which I'm happy with, but there were a couple of slower people entered who were just fractionally too quick for me to get past. 15th overall out of 19. Not bad, but not great either. I can do better.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Round 8. 45.7 laptime, which I'm happy with, but there were a couple of slower people entered who were just fractionally too quick for me to get past. 15th overall out of 19. Not bad, but not great either. I can do better.

I hear there was a bit of a crash last time out, 1st corner again? Then handbags on facebook. Laughing

I *think* I'm still 1st in Class B, so hopefully get a cup!

Think I did 5/9 rounds, try do them all next year. Bike needs some work though. Have they changed the regs at all for next year?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:43 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I hear there was a bit of a crash last time out, 1st corner again? Then handbags on facebook. Laughing

I *think* I'm still 1st in Class B, so hopefully get a cup!

Think I did 5/9 rounds, try do them all next year. Bike needs some work though. Have they changed the regs at all for next year?

First heat was a mega crash. I supermanned over the tyre wall at the end of the straight. I had nowhere to go as someone crashed right beside me. I jammed on the brakes hard, but the bike flipped as it hit the tyres and I flew over the top. It was quite funny at the time, I was wetting myself laughing until I noticed my F*£king air filter was ripped off. Missed the restart and then did a 45.3 with a slightly lumpy running bike on the second heat. Finished 16th overall and lapped someone in the final, which was nice. I can't complain about the quality of the marshalling which was what was alluded to on Facebook, they'd red flagged the race by the time I got up from behind the tyre wall.

Jim's bike blew up so he rode one heat on a spare with standard suspension, but he swapped that out for the second heat only to find that the clutch was now slipping on the spare bike. He needed to finish 13th to win the championship and just about scraped it on a knackered bike.

They are allowing mag wheels and adjustable forks for next season, but no other changes. I'm a bit hacked off about the forks to be honest, but I doubt it will give anyone a massive advantage. They are going to set a price limit on them anyway.

My bike needs work. The front brake is crap, my valve clearances need checking, I need to re-wrap my exhaust, and I need new tyres so I might go with the mag wheels too. I'm trying to make a list of things I should do to it over the winter, but failing spectacularly. I'm tempted to see if an opposed piston caliper will fit on the front, as I can feel my caliper flexing when I brake...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:54 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
It was quite funny at the time, I was wetting myself laughing

I just watched the new video up now.
I :lol:ed. Still funny Very Happy.
Razz

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too concerned about the forks - I've been using adjustable fastace forks with thicker oil in, but the adjustment is all the way out, both ways. They didn't make me any quicker Laughing

Last years championship was won on RWU forks.

My brake isn't the best either - I think a set of pads might improve it though. I did warp the disc a few rounds back however...

Biggest thing for me to do is an exhaust. The outlet on mine is about 5mm smaller than others, that can't be helping performance and could explain my lack of straightline speed.

Valve clearances are pretty straightforward - have a tub handy to collect the oil when you take off the exhaust valve cap.

Re the marshalling - aside from when the kart spewed oil everywhere that wasn't picked up in time I think it's been ok. Racing is dangerous, accidents happen.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I should add - When I bought the forks, the regs said "Any chinese forks"

Halfway through the season the regs on the website changed to "Any NON-ADJUSTABLE chinese forks"

Like fuck was I changing them back again. I even quoted the regs onto here at the time!

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.s. Mark / Dave - You doing the enduro? I'm doing it with my brother I think. Could be cold!

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hopefully be in this next year.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aff wrote:
I will hopefully be in this next year.

That's good. Need any help with a bike etc let me know.

I hope you are slow. Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:52 - 28 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presuming I'm around and so on, will look to do the enduro Thumbs Up.
Was thinking I might grab my Oxford muffs for winter pitbikin' Smile.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:57 - 29 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing a shed load of rounds and still class B champion? Well done Oli! Wink

I'd like to do the endurance race, I think G and I will have a team if he's up for it!

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 29 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

I will most likely be slow. Sad

Been looking at second hand ones but getting confused with all the specs and what I can and can't have on it. Confused

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:10 - 29 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a decent enough looking spec one on the facebook group for £750 'ono'.
If that includes the transponder, that's probably an ok deal.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 29 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aff wrote:
garth wrote:

I will most likely be slow. Sad

Been looking at second hand ones but getting confused with all the specs and what I can and can't have on it. Confused

There are only really a couple of variations.

CRF50 or CRF70 frame, 10 or 12" wheels.
YX140 Engine (If no Z-cam fitted, only £20, no re-jetting needed)
Sava MC31 S-Racer tyres. Any compound. Go for soft.
DNM rear shock is £140 if it comes with a standard one.
I expect most forks will be ok.

Personally, CRF70 with 12" wheels is what I'd go for. Though I've a CRF50 and it does me ok, just a bit smaller. 12" wheels for the ground clearance. Think the lap record was set on 10's though...!

There are other size frames, but not as common.

Haven't seen the one for sale on facebook. Is it one of the CW Bikes ones?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:20 - 29 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, pretty sure it was a CW and looked shiny.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 183 days between these two posts...

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 30 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I bought one.

Not Matchams spec, just gonna do some practice days this year.

Oli, can you just rock up any day for practice?

Will I need a C90 exhaust on it to be allowed on track?

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 30 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aff wrote:
So, I bought one.

Not Matchams spec, just gonna do some practice days this year.

Oli, can you just rock up any day for practice?

Will I need a C90 exhaust on it to be allowed on track?

Phone first, or Matchams page on fb to check.

Yes, you'll need a c90 pipe. Matchams stock them, and can weld them on site I believe.

Let me know when you're going and I'll try to come.

Pics?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5