Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Reward credit card suggestions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:15 - 30 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reward credit card suggestions Reply with quote

I'll looking for a new daily credit card as my current one has changed its terms and isn't as good a deal anymore.

This card, will be the card I use daily and pay off in full monthly. So I don't care about balance transfers/interest free etc. But I would like to have good rewards.

Any suggestions?

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 30 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check money supermarket? When you say rewards, do you mean free gifts, or monthly rewards? Only thing I can think of is tesco credit card, earn a point for every 4 pound spent wherever, and I think it's a point per pound at tesco. Only time I buy from tesco is fuel, and Ive just got 9 quid in vouchers that you can double up in certain departments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 30 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

123 credit card, if you can get one, they look boss and are in black so you feel special Laughing

I'm using it for the next couple of years until AMEX sort out a better deal.

I earn ~£20 pm cash back on it.

Here's the calculator:

https://www.santander123.co.uk/

With the 123 current account I earn ~£55pm all together
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 30 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutchy wrote:
123 credit card, if you can get one, they look boss and are in black so you feel special Laughing

Here's the calculator:

That's not bad actually. Reckons I can get £70 a month cash back. That's worth looking at, free tank of fuel for the win!

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
Clutchy wrote:

Here's the calculator:

That's not bad actually. Reckons I can get £70 a month cash back. That's worth looking at, free tank of fuel for the win!

Just in case you hadn't realised, you're limited to £9pm on fuel Crying or Very sad

b422063
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:05 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Asda creditn card. 1% cash back on any Asda purchase including fuel and 0.5% cash back anywhere else. No limits.

Suits us as we do 90% of our shopping and fueling there.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 02 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied for that 123 card and got knocked back. Which upset me, because I only wanted a credit card to improve my credit rating. I probably shouldn't have been so honest with the application, I wanted to use it for things I have to buy anyway, like food and fuel. Ended up getting a basic no frills card from halifax and losing out on around £200 a year.

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 02 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I applied for that 123 card and got knocked back. Which upset me, because I only wanted a credit card to improve my credit rating. I probably shouldn't have been so honest with the application, I wanted to use it for things I have to buy anyway, like food and fuel. Ended up getting a basic no frills card from halifax and losing out on around £200 a year.

Even though it advertises a 5k salary minimum or something like that, the guy on the phone said generally it was 15k minimum from what he had seen. 123 card isn't a credit building card as such, if you're looking to do that and still earn some cash back then go for an aqua card and you'll get 0.5% cash back.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1