BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Hornet 600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 01 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

People did remove the snorkel to get air in easier, as big ham says the snorkel is quite restrictive.

Just check there is an air filter in there being held on by a collar of some sort, previous owner probably just cut the snorkel off the snorkel base. You'll probably be OK using it as it is but I'd keep on top of air filter changes.

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:52 - 01 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Seems alright for 1,200 pounds. Well, the polished parts look stupid and I would definitely fit some folding pegs on it. It seems stupid, but I got hit by a folding peg a few times and I can imagine what would happen if the peg didn't fold and just break my leg. Smile

Yep, and another advantage to folding foot pegs is it's that much easier when you're backing the bike up to park or pull away from a tight spot. I didn't like them at first but now I realise why they're there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:15 - 01 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with a Hornet for a first big bike Thumbs Up
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 02 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannymassive wrote:
You can't go wrong with a Hornet for a first big bike Thumbs Up

Agree.

Love mine, was my first bike and only got it cos a friend was selling it. Still love every ride, brilliant fun, still too powerful a bike to realistically use its full potential on the road, but much more usable and suitable than a sports bike.

Can't see myself ever getting rid of it tbh, it'd only ever sell for 1/3 of what I've spent on it, but its value to me is more than anyone else would ever pay.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:06 - 02 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fused420 wrote:
Thanks DottyDuck, i paid £1200.

I have found the fork adjusters, they don't appear to be chinky..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR650F-CBR500R-CNC-BILLET-ALUMINUM-PRELOAD-FORK-ADJUSTORS-ADJUSTERS-/271625733767?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3e27c687

Pinkyfloyd do you know if the airbox cover was ever there in the time Kickstart owned it?

That is the way the bike arrived with us buddy. We only had her for about a month. Decided to sell a few bikes to get a Gladius.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2