Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Can you change a car wheel?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Are you capable of changing a car wheel?
Yes
97%
 97%  [ 144 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 147

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 13A Plug, the fuse in it can be rated differently Cool

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:36 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not a problem changing a wheel. But my car has no spare wheel (still have an extending wheel brace in the boot).

Few years ago my father had a puncture and went to change the wheel. Only to find that with a flat tyre the car was too low to get the jack underneath it Laughing .

Raffles wrote:

FFS, it has to be one of the simplest tasks imaginable. It's right down there with changing 13A plug fuses.

Bet quite a lot can't change one of them either.

All the best

Keith

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 16A plugs that I find a pain in the backside...

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:42 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:

Any plug tends to be a pain in the foot.

All the best

Keith

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

16A plugs are cunningly arranged so that they always fall on their side, and there is no exposed metal work to stab your feet....

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:11 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:
16A plugs are cunningly arranged so that they always fall on their side, and there is no exposed metal work to stab your feet....

The plastic corners would manage to get me

All the best

Keith

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 20:11 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel? Pftt. I've fitted new cam-belts roadside before now.

Seriously though, anyone able bodied should be able to put a spare wheel on if they intend to drive a car.
My pal works for RAC, and his main call out is for putting spares on, or arranging a low loader for those too narrow minded to make sure their car has 5 decent tyres rather than 4 and a flat spare. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SofaBear
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:27 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken off and put wheels back on more times than i can count. however the last time i tried it some scrote air gunned my locking nuts on.

So, muggins here comes over and tried to undo it, snap, key is fucked. now what?!

it was a volvo s60, there was like 1mm barely gap between the nut and the wheel recess, no tool i could purchase could get in that, couldn't drill them out and was out of options. that was one annoying moment in my car driving life.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but not on my last car. Stupid winch down affair, with a rusted wire. Would only drop about 6 inches, so easier to sell the car.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 20:47 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a front hub in a carpark at east midlands airport

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1397002_10151687734988365_29721349_o.jpg

current car has no jack or spare.

and i removed the rft's cos they were wank.

trollface.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wull
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:20 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy peasy

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:49 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:

I suggest that you stop shoving them up there then, and stick to taking cock.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:51 - 21 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
how about a front hub in a carpark at east midlands airport

Replaced the head on my polo after the cam belt snapped at the side of the road with a £15 halfords tool kit (plus a multi-splined bit that cost almost as much as the toolkit.....)

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 22 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Not a problem changing a wheel. But my car has no spare wheel (still have an extending wheel brace in the boot).

Few years ago my father had a puncture and went to change the wheel. Only to find that with a flat tyre the car was too low to get the jack underneath it Laughing .
All the best

Keith

That's a problem with the Renault Megane Scenic too I think... the jack and brace are inside the spare wheel, which is underneath the back of the car... need to wind it down to lower it and remove them.

Except if the rear tyre is the one thats flat then you can't lower it enough to get them out... so you need to jack it up... without a jack... to get the jack...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4