BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My ER-5

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah I can see the rust is going to set in on your exhausts.....curses.

Nice bike, oh, and matching jacket. what a coincidence Wink

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 16:01 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the jacket first then was lucky enough to find a bike to match! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soo jealous! I think I was ripped off with my ER5, bless her. Hundreds of miles a week and still she plugs on.

I think it's time for a major scrub up, even if it is winter. I dont care, she looks in a sorry state!

Anyone recommend any good cleaning materials?

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 16:23 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elbow grease, 2 tins thereof

combined with auto sol

wax polish

some car shampoo and rinse with cold water,

cover wheels in WD40 and rub in, same on engine casings

looks the mutts nuts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

kasandrich wrote:
Dodsi,it may be worth considering getting some engine protection bars, if you drop an ER5 the water pump on one side and the generator on the other side are vulnerable, the bars cost about £50 + vat, with the bars on it will rest on the bars saving the engine if it slides down the road.

Funnily enough, the only thing I broke when I dropped it on the left hand side was the speedo cable and right hand mirror. How on earth the mirror support broke, I have absolutely no idea.

NY_Sniper
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:07 - 13 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice bike you got there lucky S.O.B but ull be drooling over my ZXR400 restricted to 33bhp sometime in the Near future RazzRazzRazz Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

> Kawasaki ZX7R (Betty Jnr) <> Suzuki GS500e in pieces (Bitch) <> Suzuki GS500e (Martha) <>

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, i have a bit of a soft spot for ER5's having passed my test on one too. They are nice to ride, small and thin, and feel alot lighter than the claimed 174kg. Id like to see more modified ER's out there though, i like to think of it as a sort of half size ZRX1200 muscle bike, and id love to see one done in Eddie colours, with big wide bars, painted/polished wheels, bikini fairing with square headlamp, and a tuned engine with GPZ cams, K&N's Gasflowed head etc and some sorted suspension F&R. Laughing
In fact ive seen a bloke riding around the Bromsgrove area on a blue ER5 with wide MX type bars and a micron race can. It sounds completely wicked! Ive seen him do a fair few half decent wheelies on it too, and can sometimes hear him accelerating until he bounces off the limiter lol!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2