BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CB1000R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:40 - 05 Dec 2014    Post subject: CB1000R Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a little thread on here, even if only to keep track of what I've done to the bike over time, not really a project as such but I see no members rides.....

Firstly a brief history of the bikes leading up to this, at 16 years and 3 days old I started out on a Suzuki AY50, then went on to a TS50. On turning 17 I was given a TW125, loved that thing but sadly it got nicked from my back garden. I replaced it with a Gilera DNA 125, covered a fair few miles on it for a little bike. After about 5 months I passed my car test so bikes went out the window for a few years. Roll onto 2014, took my full test and passed so got a CB500 from my uncle. Spent a few hundred quid getting it on the road and it lasted about 2 months before deciding I wanted more power. Dont get me wrong it was a hoot to ride, kinda mixed the ability to chuck it about like a 125 but had enough power to keep up with traffic. Nice bike, everyone who rode it seemed to like it too. Sadly the 57bhp was possibly blunted by my 20 odd stone of mass, open roads and motorways I got a bit fed up with it, even more so when my riding buddies were all on 600cc/1000cc sports bikes.

So that was when I started the hunt, initially the plan was to just pick up a decent Fazer 1000 but once I started looking anything half decent was fetching good money. As this things occur, I ended up looking at bikes worth more than I was planning, I went to look at a Speed Triple after checking my stepdads one out but on arrival found a nice looking CB. After a quick comparison I decided I preferred the Honda so went for it. Below is the first time I saw it at the dealer
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/7F18B82A-4625-4A82-B57C-88BE6C876274_zpsqaf5p547.jpg

Went to collect it a week or so later, ride home was boring as fuck as I had to go straight home for work, lots of motorway miles done. It did give me a good look into how comfortable it is on long runs, done a near 3 hour ride and was fairly comfortable the whole way.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/2014-09-17122850_zps18260038.jpg

Quick picture of the pair CB's before the 500 went back to my uncle
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/2014-09-19121353_zps704234fd.jpg

I got a couple of dry nice ride outs before the weather turned a bit wet and cold. Love it, perfect bike for me, nice upright position, plenty of grunt and easy to ride slow or fast. Not gone to crazy on it yet, building up the confidence slowly. A few little tweaks are underway through winter though, dropped the rear pegs as I dont really bother with pillions, a single seat cowl is on the list for the new year.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/5D4F3248-BDA7-451B-BF09-D3370F946CEB_zpspp0ntvjo.jpg

I've just fitted a R&G tail tidy and slightly smaller plate, tidied the back up nicely. I'm on the fence regarding smaller LED indicators, will decide when I get the bike out the garage properly and see what the stock ones look like with the plate/tail tidy.

Plans are, short levers, exhaust and maybe a few other little bits.

DaveDIRL
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:01 - 05 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at getting one of these myself. Cracking bike, will be keeping an eye on this thread Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 05 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely machine and no mistake. Smile

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:06 - 16 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of winter updates, given the bike a service plus a nice R&G tail tidy
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/32391AD1-7902-4390-8E5A-2C3EC3F0B2A1_zpscnoqsqpl.jpg

and a new exhaust
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/78E570F2-708A-4CC5-B3D7-61C51517138C_zpsnl5d9eij.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/matt1chelski/Motorbikes/B81DC606-F4FC-4AAC-9D99-5C7EC060AF62_zpspmpdzpok.jpg

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 16 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exhaust is a definite improvement over stock! Also are those standard wheels? Love the design of them Thumbs Up

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:09 - 16 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they were something that attracted me to the bike, single sided swing arm and the wheels. Exhaust looks better and is massively lighter!

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike. Thumbs Up

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:33 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI it won't pass an MoT with the footpegs missing. A shitty Traffic cop may make an issue of it too. You have to remove/cover the seat if you remove footpegs.

monkeybiker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike Thumbs Up

Definitely needed that exhaust changed.

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:38 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Just an FYI it won't pass an MoT with the footpegs missing. A shitty Traffic cop may make an issue of it too. You have to remove/cover the seat if you remove footpegs.

Thanks for the heads up, I wasnt aware of this until after I'd took them off. Crying or Very sad Thankfully (or annoyingly) my brother recently bought a CB1R himself which has a seat cowl so I'll just nick that next month if I havent bought mine by then. It's on the list, I'd have bought one this month but because of the trip next month I need luggage really and a tail pack wont go on the back with a seat cowl anyway.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am loving it, roll on summer. Seat cowl and some new side panels are on the list, then end of the summer maybe a PC and quick shifter.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the bike I want. You've cemented it for me. I'm having one.

How much was the exhaust?

mattyfattyboo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:30 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
This is the bike I want. You've cemented it for me. I'm having one.

How much was the exhaust?

RRP was £400 for the exhaust and cat cover, I paid £260! Very Happy

I took months of deliberating over which to go for, I wanted something that still showed off the single sided swingarm.

I initially went to look at a speed triple but this was at the dealers also and I'd not seen one before. Took a punt on it and am well chuffed with it, I cant fault the bike tbh, easy to ride but so much fun too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1