BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New bikes from Sinnis

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:32 - 17 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a single disc on the Buell's - you could get aftermarket ones for other bikes that had twin discs.

Idea on the buell is it allow a lighter wheel thanks to a single single, albeit bigger disc and lighter spokes which don't have to transfer braking forces through them.

However, there's no doubt a reason you don't see them on major sports bikes.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 17 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the Blade with a 250 engine Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 18 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how it looks but the OTR price................. LOL, not a chance. If these are so great that they will make your company a name you should be dropping your margin as low as possible in order to shift lots and get the name/brand out there.

Also it is one of the cheaper 250's on Taobao ( https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.41.m71SYa&id=43453509478&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail ) so I struggle to believe any argument that it is any kind of super duper mega quality.

Also you claim to be getting 80+ mph..... speedo or GPS verified? Just the Chinese listed top end on that is 110 kph which translates to 68 Mph, that is quite a difference.

For anyone interested here is a fairly unbiased sounding review by a Brazilian guy in China (the tester couldn't get it over 110kph/68mph).
https://www.chinamotorworld.com/index.php?c=news&a=view&id=2207

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 18 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
you should be dropping your margin as low as possible in order to shift lots and get the name/brand out there.

£1600 ish in China on that link you posted. How much margin do you think they make over here then?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 18 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
you should be dropping your margin as low as possible in order to shift lots and get the name/brand out there.

£1600 ish in China on that link you posted. How much margin do you think they make over here then?

That is for a single bike, retail price via a middleman (dealer). I would bet after haggling you'd pay at most 12-13kRMB. Sinnis are buying from the factory and more than 1 bike at a time, so yes even after import costs I reckon they have factored in a fairly fat margin. I would have thought if you want to get people to buy a product that is generally looked upon with hesitation you should be shifting it at the lowest margin you can manage (and still make a profit) because if this is so great, all singing and dancing as claimed bulk sales would surely propel the company up in the world, allowing them to edge up prices on future stuff having established themselves as a premium brand.

Though as I said I doubt the great quality claims the company rep can't even be honest about the bikes top end which is a fact easily checkable on google.

Only Sinnis know what they paying per unit and I doubt they would be honest and tell us. I could spend a few hours flogging my rusty Mandarin to get a fairly accurate figure on what it would cost wholesale but I've got better things to do, the Taobao retail price lets me make a fairly educated guess which is good enough for me (I'd guess $1k-1.2k(USD) to be the ballpark figure).

Give it 12 months and check how many are taxed on the road, we'll see how successful they are.

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 18 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, power output is listed as 15.4kW, which is 20.5bhp. Unless the gearing is very short, that ought to be enough for a top speed of about 75mph. That's what my old Honda CD250 would do, and it had about the same amount of power. More than 80 sounds unlikely and suggests an over-reading speedo. MCN's rather mixed review of the Sinnis Apache 250 (same engine but with fuel injection) says that '70mph is nearly flat out', but they then list the top speed as 85mph Confused.

In my experience, the main benefit of a low-powered 250 over a 125 is not the slightly higher top speed, but rather the extra pulling power at lower speeds. The acceleration is quicker, hills are less of a problem and you don't have to work it quite as hard on 60mph roads. Think of it as a more relaxed 125 with very slightly longer legs, and you won't be disappointed. I certainly enjoyed my time on a 250, but just don't kid yourself it's a 'big bike', because it's not.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 18 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:
Hmm, power output is listed as 15.4kW, which is 20.5bhp. Unless the gearing is very short, that ought to be enough for a top speed of about 75mph.

I'm picking at his over 80 claim because I think it shows a lack of integrity (and as he is the media guy for his company that lack of integrity spreads to the company itself in my view).

Anyone who's ridden a Chinese bike knows the speedo's over read, anyone who has ridden a circa 20BHP 4 stroke 250 knows at best the manage mid 70's (though this one in reviews only manages 110KPH).

So he knew when he said it manages over 80 that was an unrealistic figure based on an inaccurate speedo but went ahead and claimed it anyway.

MikeSinnis wrote:
I am getting 80+ with absolute ease.

(after you ride it off a cliff mike)???

Makes me wonder what else is being slightly misrepresented, he did ignore Iain's concern after it was pointed out the issue happened to KTM forks.... again that doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't see any need to suck at his e-peen, it's not going to get anyone a free bike. I'd rather he answers questions with honesty and integrity, that would be a good advert for his company.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:34 - 26 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic heavy.

wr6133 wrote:
Makes me wonder what else is being slightly misrepresented, he did ignore Iain's concern after it was pointed out the issue happened to KTM forks.... again that doesn't inspire confidence.

If KTM made the forks then that'd concern me, however the forks on that particular model are WP forks. WP make some pretty damn good suspension for offroad bikes, so you'd expect their coatings and such to be above average for a road bike.

Duke 2 with front end conversion;

https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/lammypie0/IMG_0142.jpg

Duke 2 as standard - note fork protection by mudguard?

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/KTM%20640%20Duke%20II%2099%20%202.jpg

Take any other KTM road bike of the same era...

https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j238/slcousin/9715_9e313862365a5b_o.jpg

Or any other major manufacturer, I mean fuck - even Harley have noted the problem and their quality control isn't the best.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2012-harley-davidson-xr1200-x-preview-3.jpg

Kawasaki's giant protectors on the Z1000 naked?

https://risewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/kawasaki_z1000_picture_for_pc-1024x680.jpg

Pretty much everything with USD forks from a major manufacturer has something to keep the worst of the shit off the fork legs. Sportsbike, naked, cruiser, supermoto, motocross whatever they all have the protectors. I notice AJS haven't used any either on their Daytona & I can't see that ending well either.

Suspect they've already ordered x amount of units in current USD forked spec & made the promo leaflets - hence we're not actually being asked for feedback that'd improve the product, merely being spammed Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 26 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:

Suspect they've already ordered x amount of units in current USD forked spec & made the promo leaflets - hence we're not actually being asked for feedback that'd improve the product, merely being spammed Wink

I suspect your suspicion is correct!

The bike can be ordered from factory with RWU forks. One of it's selling pints appears to be that the buyer can choose from a shedload of options. (In China not the Sinnis version, they chose for us).
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 299 days between these two posts...

Lelly
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:11 - 21 Nov 2015    Post subject: Re: New bikes from Sinnis Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:

Hello,
I am hoping to return to biking after 18 year gap and looking for a cheap, reliable easy to ride 250cc retro style bike for commuting (60 mile round trip, mix of unlit, poorly surfaced country roads, dual carriageway and city centre riding) How does the Retrostar 250 compare with the Herald 250 classic?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2