Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BREAKING - NSR 125 2002 JC22

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

veroom
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 05:55 - 30 Jan 2015    Post subject: BREAKING - NSR 125 2002 JC22 Reply with quote

As advertised on FleaBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201272406203

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjkxWDkyMQ==/z/ZbEAAOSwxYxUxJA0/$_57.JPG

I had intended to fix it after having it for three days, it starting to play up and then finding another issue with it. Even when a user here kindly offered and a number of users offered some great advice in solving problems however as much as I appreciate that, things have changed and I need it to go and can't throw any money at it.

Here's the quote from ebay which stands the same currently although I have had a couple of queries about parts with one chap saying he wants the starter motor although not heard anything since.

I will updating the listing on eBay and trying to keep this inline too.

Quote:
Here I have reluctantly decided to break my NSR 125. on an 02 plate.

I bought it and rode it around 100 miles home and it was flawless however a few days later it developed what I and lead to believe is an air leak on the carb somehow. Hence it starts up on choke every time when cold, revs go up and up and once warm dies, Speaking with experienced owners and a mechanic they all say the same thing, somehow there is too much air getting into the carb.

However I didn't get to solve that because in trying to solve the problem, found another.

The previous owner had used some stuff to effectively glue the one downpipe mounting stud into the cylinder and of course,that means getting it welded, hoping the heat from welding doesn't damage the cylinder and then onto solving the initial problem outlined above.

The fairing has been resprayed.
The tyres and wheels are very good
Everything else on the bike works fine
Front rear suspension all good

The exhaust has had some repairs but works ok. See pics.

Note !!!
there are no wing mirrors
the front fairing is damaged around the wing mirror mounts although it can still be used
The screen is also damaged but could be trimmed to make it look ok

I would be willing to let it go all in one or as parts but if you want the lot, you need to get in quick.

Call me to discuss or ask anything on 07950 279327

The cylinder is off the bike as is the main fairing, everything else is still fitted.

V5 is present.

Open to offers as I am moving on to a bigger bike and have a charity bike ride in the pipeline so buying from this will go towards a fantastic mission that is to happen later this year.

Bike owes me over £900 and I had three days out of it thanks to a dodgy ebayer with no remorse who tried to accuse me of doing the cylinder problem myself knowing I didn't. Oh well, that's life.

Honest as I can be as I hate being ripped off, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I will update this listing as needed and if I think of anything else.

Small to medium parts can be posted from £4.30 to xxx via MyHermes depending on size and weight. Anything posted is always tracked to make sure it arrives safely.

Feel free to inbox me here or post or this thread, I check my mail regularly so you should't wait too long for a response.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1