PostPosted: 10:03 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rukka.
/thread

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

point of order

Copycat73 wrote:
Decent leather will probably offer more abrasion protection than cordura.

Copycat73 wrote:

Sorry that this isn't a "Get this!" answer, but it is a nuanced question and ultimately it's a very personal choice.

these quotes belong to Rogerborg not me ... Thumbs Up

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with all kit, get what fits and what you ca afford. Build it up over the years for all the weathers you need to ride in. Having spare gear is always a good thing. Price does not always mean best. Avoiding falling off is better than testing your ear when you do.

I tend to wear leather pants and textile jacket, more for comfort and because I think I look good in it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Twofish
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could find the links to the evidence now...but 'scientific' tests (i.e. tests in non-real-life situations just so they can replicate them identically for each material) have shown that only one fabric has better abrasion resistance than leather - superfabric.

Some manufacturers are adding superfabric to their textiles now, but they're expensive top of the range stuff. A Gore-Tex jacket with superfabric on the shoulders and elbows could be £500 - £700. A lot of textile gloves have it though.

It's not just about abrasion, and that's only one type of accident. It's also about the quality of the stitching, level of armour etc etc.

Go into a store and read the labels on all the clothes. They will all tell you the type and level of armour, many will show in a sliding scale how abrasion-resistant the material is.

Check here for CE saftey standards https://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-clothing/motorcycle-clothing-safety-standards.htm

Like wot someone else said, properly-fitting clothes are safer than really expensive ones that don't fit because then they will stay put etc. but still allow you to move in the right way.

Zipping trousers and jacket together is also good if you come off because if you're going feet-first your jacket won't slide up. And it stops draughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:32 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twofish wrote:
only one fabric has better abrasion resistance than leather - superfabric.

Batfabric was good enough for Adam West, it's good enough for me. Folded arms

SuperfabricMan wrote:

I'll sit down, just in case.

SuperfabricMan wrote:
Our team of fabric experts has performed testing with an industry standard Taber Abrasion test which helps determine exactly how much abrasion resistance SuperFabric® materials can handle.

OMFG, they tested it with a test!

Can't actually see the results of any independent testing or certification. Thinking

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 'data' seems to be floating around quite a few sites, make of it what you will. Might at least be a guide.

How Far Something Can Drag on Asphalt Before You Hit Skin:

"Samples were stitched to a bag that held a 75-pound sandbag inside a milk crate, then dragged behind a pickup truck..."

New 100% Cotton Denim Jeans -------------------- 3' 10"
Balistic Nylon ------------------------------------- 3' 10"
Leather, Lightweight, Nude Finish, 2.25 oz/sq. ft. --- 4' 3"
Leather, Fashion Weight, 1.75 oz/sq ft. ------------- 4' 4"
Two-year-old 100% Cotton Denim Jeans ------------ 4' 5"
440D Cordura Nylon ------------------------------- 18' 3"
Kevlar 29 Aramid Fiber, Style 713 ------------------ 22' 1"
Leather, Competition Weight, 3 oz/sq. ft. ---------- 86' 0"

Tear and Abrasion Strength:

CottonJeans ----------------- 4.5 pounds to tear 50 cycles to failure
70 Denier Standard Nylon----- 4.5 pounds to tear 165 cycles to failure
500 Denier Polyester---------- 8 pounds to tear 180 cycles to failure
200 Denier Standard Nylon---- 7.5 pounds to tear 275 cycles to failure
500 Denier Cordura----------- 22 pounds to tear 710 cycles to failure
620 Denier Cordura----------- 35 pounds to tear 1200 cycles to failure
Competition Grade Leather---- 80-110 pounds to tear 1200-1700 cycles to failure
1000 Denier Cordura---------- 110 pounds to tear 1780 cycles to failure
Kevlar----------------------- 1260 pounds to tear 970 cycles to failure

Abrasion Strength - Taber Industries:

"The specimen was mounted on a rotating platform and scuffed by two rubber-emery grinding wheels." The numbers represent the
number of revolutions until the fabric totally fails.

Two-year-old 100% Cotton Denim Jeans ---- 168
New 100% Cotton Denim Jeans ------------- 225
Kevlar 29 Aramid Fiber, Style 713 ----------- 506
440 D Cordura Nylon ------------------------559
Leather, Lightweight, 2.25 oz./sq. ft.-------- 564
Leather, Fashion Weight, 1.75 oz./sq. ft. -----750
Senior Ballistic Nylon ------------------------817
Leather, Competition Weight, 3 oz./sq. ft. --- 2600

Seconds of Drag on Asphalt Before Getting Holes:

Denim ---------------------------------0.2 to 0.5
Textile gloves -------------------------0.6
Most leather gloves---------------------1.0 to 1.8
Keprotec stretch material---------------0.9
Poor Kevlar-----------------------------1.0
Two layers of waxed cotton------------ 1.3
1.3mm thick cow hide ------------------3.8
Two layers of 1.3mm thick cowhide------18
Three layers of 1.3mm thick cowhide-----55
Two layers of Kevlar plain weave---------5.6
Suede ---------------------------------18
Boot leather (generally 2.2mm thick)-----20
Leather stretch panels------------------20.4

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 17:26 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
As with all kit, get what fits and what you ca afford. Build it up over the years for all the weathers you need to ride in. Having spare gear is always a good thing.

Snowie (& I suspect Mrs Borg, amogst many many others) may have other opinions on that; especially as Snowie was trying to do that woman thing of 'Making Space'.. in a wardrobe, this week-end.

Always vexes me that one; 'Making Space'.. it's like they seem to believe we can deploy some Marvel Comic Super-Power to defy the laws of the universe and bend the time-space continuum at will, and bring the edges of the universe, where it is continually expanding, inside the house, by (risking life and limb) putting up a shelf!... but anyway....

I was confronted with a life-times collection of accumulated motorcycle gear on Saturday, and interrogation, as each garment was held up in evidence and the question "So When was the Last Time you wore THIS!?" repeated until my head hurt....

A rather disturbing revelation of the exercise, after reaching the bottom of the pile, was when foolishly, I asked "So where's the rest of it?"... and missing the nuance in the reply "WHAT! You mean there's MORE!!!!!!!!!" a-n-d even more foolishly saying, "Yeah! Where's my Scott Riding Jacket? My Frank-Thomas over-suit... and...."... that was as far as I got.... I was about to start 'phoning No.1-Son, and various other 'suspects' who may have 'borrowed' the missing items... but was deterred with a large cross-braced wooden coat-hanger being tapped menacingly on the draws...

Eventually, nature takes its course and the 'most useful' and 'most used' garments float to the front of the wardrobe; or even the hooks by the front door; the less useful and less used, sink to the back of the wardrobe, this natural ranking pretty much completely detached from each garment's potential level of 'crash protection'....

Or perhaps not... the tailor-made one-piece WAS right at the back... as its such a bludy cumbersome and awkward garment, that requires you strip down to a pair of briefs and a thin t-shirt, before you spend longer than you do 'on track' in a typical clubbie race. wriggling into the ruddy thing. Its NOT the first garment you reach for to pop to the shops, or even potter out for a days sight seeing. An idea further deterred by the fact that unless you are sat in a 'race crouch' it's not even that comfortable, and if you aren't on a bike at all; if you parked up on Matlock Prom and tried walkig to the ice-cream kiosk.. you'd be ordering your ninety nine in a falcetto!

stinkwheel wrote:
I have no statistics to back it up but I'd say from my years of experience, there are times where a good set of totally unarmoured but effective waterproofs and a set of thermal underwear offer more crash protection than the most expensive, bespoke armoured leathers.

If you're cold and wet, you're inattentive.

And supporting Stinks assertion here; of the stuff on the 'Missing' list, that had floated to the very top of the 'most useful' and 'most used' list, were an Arran fisherman's Sweater; a pair of thin waterproof over trousers; a pair of thicker, lined & quilted waterproof over trousers, and a pair of spare gloves; that were folded into the bottom of the tank-bag.. neatly providing a 'soft base' for anything bunged in the bag, while also being 'on hand' if needed, if it gets colder or wetter or windier, OR half a pair of gloved got dropped, whilst out.

Further supporting Stinks suggestion, and Skudds; I have examined many many a crashed riding outfit; from cheap and nasty to fancy and expensive.. a fact that has informed MY opinion to not put MUCH faith in the merits of modern riding gear's 'protection' over common bludy sense! There is VERY little correlation between 'cost' and 'protection'...

At the school, we had a very fancy top of the line, name-brand 'off the peg' race suit, that was completely tattered, and left its wearer visiting out-patients by taxi for a month, after a mere 30mph 'off'.... I had an old Ski-Jacket (think Bucks Fizz) from the '80's, made before such fancy materials as 'Thinsulate' or 'Cordura', that was simply thick cotton, quilted and stuffed with felt, that in a 60mph 'off' a relative had in the 250 Learner Days, saw him get up with out a scratch, simply by dint of having a 'bulk' of material to provide 'padding'.. and be there to get worn away by abrasion....was comfy too, and warm.

Personally... only 'off' of note, I have had in twenty five years or more.. (actually I think it'll be 24 years ago this August) YES, I was wearing Jeans & BLJ.. with a one-piece waterproof over-suit over the top... I was travelling at something over 50mph when I went down, and I got up and pulled the bike out the hedge.... most severe injury I suffered was not bruising or broken bones from any lack of 'armour', nor was it missing flesh from lack of 'abrasion resistance'.. but BURNS, from friction.....

Somewhat remarkably, the over-suit suffered just two small 'holes', which I patched with a tent repair kit, to carry on using for another decade.

IF and WHEN, the small extra 'abrasion resistance' of cordura or leather over, whatever, becomes even slightly 'relevant'.. its GONNA HURT regardless, and a few extra miliseconds before 'holing' the specs might vaunt, pretty accademic..

Meanwhile; back to my burns; while every-one is so concerned about 'armour' and 'abrasion'.. twenty off years ago, when they first started to consider 'standards' for motorcycle protective apparel beyond the crash helmet.. noted, and then as so often ignored was this 'friction burn' issue; was observed in a lot of instances that leathers, with a high acrylic content lining material, often survived a crash very well, without wearing through or holing, BUT the wearer DID suffer injury from melted nylon; also noted that when the leather did give out, while minimising the area of 'road-rash' severity of what was suffered was aggravated by man-made fibre, in the wound, and attempts to remove it... cotton, silk, linen, 'natural' fibres can all be broke down by the bodies natural enzymes... remind me again what the 'base' textile in Cordura is?

Hmm... food for thought here; the stuff was originally developed as a re-enforcing fabric in the construction of car tyres, an alternate to natural fibre canvases in the 1930's..... it's not ACTUALLY a specific 'material', its a brand name for a range of synthetic fabrics.. only SOME of which may have equal abrasion resistance properties to some leather..... when new.

But the stuff is basically NYLON.. a very tough man-made fibre with a very high tensile strength, compared to natural fibres such as linen or cotton.... and while its not broken down very easily by natural biological agents.... hmm.. it IS deteriorated by sunlight and solvents.... Little food for thunk... what's in that bit of metal just between your legs when you are riding a motorbike? What's coming out of the 'vent' that lets the air in as what's inside comes out? What is that coming out of the back of that bus in front of you? And what is in that squibby bottle you are squirting at it, to get the shit that came out the back of the bus, off with?

IF you care to look into the subject of 'motorcycle safety' as a entirety, rather than letter-boxing little bits of it, its far more involved and has a huge complexity of competing dynamics and variables, that can make a utter mockery of the presumptions you might make when trying to by by label, NOT common sense, worse putting faith in that 'off the peg' safety rather than... err yup... comon bludy SENSE!

Common sense that' so uncommon.....

Take 5% off your travelling speed, roughly staying two under the sped limit rather than two over... first, reduces chance you WILL come off, making space and time to react ad avoid an off, But if it's still not 'enough'; 5% off travelling speed can be worth 50% off 'impact' speed.. and THAT means you wont hit whatever might be hit so hard or fast, and will increase the 'effectiveness' of whatever you are wearing by FAR greater % than the small differences claimed protection different 'gear' might suggest they offer.

Safety STILL comes from what's in your head, not what you might stick on it.

And back to them shelves... in the greater scheme of things we don't don industrial hard hats to put up shelves in the kitchen, or police riot gear to go down the pub..... activities that actually have a far higher risk of actual 'injury', with very similar risks of injury severity to legally operating a powered-two-wheel vehicle, on the public road!

IF it is so socially acceptable, to promote DIY every bank-holiday week-end and trips to IKEA or Wicks or Home Base or whatever, to buy step-ladders and electric drills and the like, or to advocate a 'nice night out with your mates'.. how the FUCK is it "irresponsible" or 'Socially Unacceptable' to ride a fucking motorbike in a pair of jeans, or a pair of shorts?

But that takes the topic off on another tangent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finchy95
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:13 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the misfortune to fall off in 1000d cordura combat trousers once, no kevlar, armour etc. Lost a big chunk of my right knee and was probably only doing 30-35mph, top half received no injury as I was wearing a tuzo textile jacket and some cheapo nitro lid. As people are saying it's all about fit if my jacket had been looser it would have ridden up and I'd probably have fucked my hip and stomach. Personally I now ride in kevlar jeans and if it's raining throw a pair of cheap hi vis leggings, which held up well when I got backed into by a van. Point is it can have all the cordura and shite you like but you won't know until you crash in it. Also sorry for the picture but I want to put people off riding in jeans etc.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:58 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finchy95 wrote:
Had the misfortune to fall off in 1000d cordura combat trousers once, no kevlar, armour etc. Lost a big chunk of my right knee and was probably only doing 30-35mph

Now let us know what you hit.

I've seen road rash and what's in your picture is not road rash.

Incidentally. I'm feeling incredibly smug having just got an utter ebay bargain for my bike gear. My 15 year old, no brand leather jacket I bought for £60 at a rally is starting to get a little raggedy.
I put a cheeky bid on a second hand bellstaff jacket, the one I'd always wanted when I was younger but could never afford. From back when Bellstaff made top quality bike gear and wasn't a fashion label. Got it for £63. Arrived today and it's brand new, never been worn.

So putting my money where my mouth is. I wear a straightforward "biker" leather jacket. Made of heavy duty, double-stitched leather. Keeps me warm. Is going to give me reasonable abrasion protection in the case of an accident, is practical to wear and is comfortable. Can be worn as a normal jacket too. Has pockets for earplugs, spare HT lead, phone etc.

If it's raining, I put a waterproof neoprene smock over the top (designed for farmers to milk cows in). If it looks like it's going to REALLY rain, I put on a thick, PVC fishermans jacket over the top.

I usually wear either a pair of army combat trousers of some kevelar re-inforced cargo trousers. I sometimes wear my leather jeans but a) They are uncomfy to walk about in and b) I tend to ride much faster in them, they give a false sense of security*. Army issue gore-tex trousers and gaiters over the top of either if it's raining.

Merino base-layers for the cold and because I too have sat picking threads of polyester lining fabric out of friction burn scars with a needle months after a crash that barely marked the outer layer.

*Risk compensation. Try riding at 70mph with no helmet on. You wouldn't do it for long or on many days both due to the cold and the sense of risk. Your 1" piece of polystyrene gives you the undeserved confidence to ride WAY faster than you otherwise would.

finchy95
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:45 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Swear on my nutsack I just hit the deck, I think the bike span me around on that knee but it happened quite quickly and I probably concussed myself cos I don't remember much. I was doing a left hand corner, hit some gravel, the bike slid so I was full right lock and the rear wheel was right hand side too after that's pretty black but I remember a very loud scrapy sound and standing up afterwards shouting to my mate that my missus was never to hear of it. However he noted my kneecap was visible and she'd probably notice.
amararose This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finchy95 wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Swear on my nutsack I just hit the deck, I think the bike span me around on that knee but it happened quite quickly and I probably concussed myself cos I don't remember much. I was doing a left hand corner, hit some gravel, the bike slid so I was full right lock and the rear wheel was right hand side too after that's pretty black but I remember a very loud scrapy sound and standing up afterwards shouting to my mate that my missus was never to hear of it. However he noted my kneecap was visible and she'd probably notice.

when you say visable do you mean the trousers ripped?

when I had my accident my knee had the same sort of cut and the nurses I went to said it was more from the inside of my jeans rubbing on the skin very quickly Sick

finchy95
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:35 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

when you say visable do you mean the trousers ripped?

Nope like my patella (knee bone) was visible it's covered with pooled blood in that pic, I scraped the bone quite badly, looked like someone had had a right go at it with sandpaper according to the surgeon who closed it. Thumbs Down

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"That one is supposed to be equal or better than any leather."

Better at what?

Riding in jeans is very responsible when compared to the bloke on his R1 who's wearing swim shorts and sandles. Razz

that's alright. I've got a gixxer thou.

vladthetodge
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a rayven four seasons jacket and a riesse ct101 set of trousers. Got em for 130 the lot, new. Jacket is uber comfortable and warm. And waterproof ( tested on a two hour drive in shit weather). Trousers feel like I'm not wearing anything bulky. Both have a more than adequate list of protection in terms of what your suggesting.
I'm a newbie to bikes, but my instructor did tell me that to ride in such a way as to try and avoid ever having an off will make you have an off. If you think about nothing but protecting yourself from a crash it will affect how you ride, and go wrong.
No one wants to fall off. You can't avoid what's not there so why try? Life savers, good distance between you and the guy infront and not hooning round over the limit seems like a sensible way to avoid a mistake. Some things you can't avoid. But you can limit the risks by riding safely.
Just get gear that has both good protection and feels easy to wear. Then go out and enjoy riding for what it is.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:44 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

vladthetodge wrote:
my instructor did tell me that to ride in such a way as to try and avoid ever having an off will make you have an off.

To what specific behaviour was he referring?

Or was he just giving it sperg-Yoda, Teffers stylee, with no real analytical thinking behind it?

vladthetodge
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
vladthetodge wrote:
my instructor did tell me that to ride in such a way as to try and avoid ever having an off will make you have an off.

To what specific behaviour was he referring?

Or was he just giving it sperg-Yoda, Teffers stylee, with no real analytical thinking behind it?

Poorly worded I'll grant you. Done in a rush at work.
He basically said don't think about having an accident. Rather learn to ride safely to minimise the risks. If you get stuck on the worry of crashing it's exactly what you'll do. If you get me?
Concentrate on riding not avoiding a crash. Prob still badly explained. Not much of a zen moment, is it?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 05 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Sounds like Tef Thinking

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 05 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Seconds of Drag on Asphalt Before Getting Holes:

Leather stretch panels------------------20.4

So the real question, how much does a bodysuit made of this cost? Laughing

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

charliefirpo wrote:
R soles. Hehe :p.
Thanks guys, I definitely want to go with textile. I want the safest texile material out there but I am not sure I'm on the right track. Is cordura 1000 the best out there?

The only way to find out which is the safest textile is to test and certify it for abbrasion protection. In that sense no Cordura 1000 is NOT the best. The best is the one which passes the safety abbrassion test and is certified.

Note the most vendors sell textiles (jackets and trousers) which have CE approved armor only - say knees, hip, elbow and shoulders plastic inserts armor (if you look at the label it will say something like: "CE approved armor"), means the textile material itself is not CE approved. Furygan Duke pants have CE approved textile material too for tear and abbrasion:

https://www.motolegends.com/trousers/furygan-duke-trouser-black.html

The same for the Titan jacket:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/96707

Both are level 1 CE certified textiles for the abbrasion tests.

Last edited by Val on 16:55 - 06 Mar 2015; edited 1 time in total

charliefirpo
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:14 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, great point!

I was gearing towards this one:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-latitude-misano-hi-vis-jacket

It's got Cordura 840 and CE 1 Armour but no mention about CE textile.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:52 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't mean that the garment has failed CE testing though, just that the manufacturer hasn't bothered paying for it.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 16:37 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
That doesn't mean that the garment has failed CE testing though, just that the manufacturer hasn't bothered paying for it.

CE 'Marking', though is just that, adding a label.

There is no such thing as CE 'approval'. CE Marking requirements simply state that a retailer must CE Mark goods law says they must; like kids toys or home electronics; there's no CE 'Safety' Standard.

The Safety Standards are issued by national standards agencies such as BSI or DIN, which may be 'adopted' as international standards by the ISO... or EN for the EEC.

Standard that motorcycle armour MIGHT be tested to is EN1621...

But CE marking is merely a manufacturers declaration that the artefact meets EU trading standard; and meets any legally required standards to be sold for a certain purpose....

Other than Crash helmets, there are NO requirements for motorcycle apparel to meet ANY standards, beyond those for all cloths, such as their flame resistance...

A manufacturer can slap a CE lable on anything they like; they dont have to test anything; they certainly don't need to have anything tested by an independent 'approval' body, ALL they have to do, is print the label and attach it to the goods..... and maintain records.. SHOULD any of the enforcement agencies ever challenge them to 'justify' the 'Declaration of Conformance'.. that CE MARKING is.

That record, should include the CE proforma of requirements, and documentary evidence of why and how each requirement is BELIEVED to have been met... an independent test house test report might be a good way to answer that, B-U-T.. could also be a memo from some chap in the factory that basically says, 'looks good enough to me'.

And some-one called Jeans a Chocolate Tea-pot of safety!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Agree to disagree here the only reason big brands do not have CE safety testing is not the cost of testing, because many cheap cloth brands like RS do the testing, but the simple fact that most of so called "big brands" do the clothes in say Pakistan. Basically you pay for some supreficial brand not for real quality, which CE proves.

https://survivalskills.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/what-is-the-ce-standard-for-bike-clothing/

Teflon-Mike wrote:
CE 'Marking', though is just that, adding a label.

There is no such thing as CE 'approval'. CE Marking requirements simply state that a retailer must CE Mark goods law says they must; like kids toys or home electronics; there's no CE 'Safety' Standard.

Absolutely not there is CE approval, CE is NOT just a labeling there are CE safety standards and you can see them all here:

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/european-standards/harmonised-standards/personal-protective-equipment/index_en.htm

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:06 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Agree to disagree here

We're not strictly disagreeing, because you didn't refute my speculation.

Actually...
The chap you referenced wrote:
I can only speculate

Oh, and ...

The chap you referenced wrote:
As Superbike said: “it’s important to understand that that non-approved garments aren’t necessarily suspect”

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3