Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Latest aquisition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Latest aquisition Reply with quote

2005 R1, USA import.

Has some decent mods on it, and it's stuff that I would do anyway, which is good. Has been commuted on so it's a bit tatty, much mechanically seems strong.

Ti Akra cans with de-cat, K&N filter, goodridge braided lines, ALTH discs, MCT revalved suspension, Zero gravity screen and the most squared of tyres in the world.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=94686

Different tyres are going on ASAP, then oil change and ride it. Will be getting tidied up over the next year or so I would think.

Yes it was photographed with my favourite potato.

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that you may know the answer but why would someone import a model of bike you could get in the UK from new (and without the American emissions garbage)

BravoCharlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:
Not that you may know the answer but why would someone import a model of bike you could get in the UK from new (and without the American emissions garbage)

maybe moved to the UK and took it with them? I find it odd too!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Re: Latest aquisition Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
the most squared of tyres in the world.
Different tyres are going on ASAP,

NO!
Don't do it!
Keep the tyres on there, get rid of the side stand.

Weight saving innit m8

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:

Who said he imported it? He just said it was imported.

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
Supermoto_Fan wrote:

Who said he imported it? He just said it was imported.

I never implied it was himself who imported the bike.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 02 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you did, I misread your sentence.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 03 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:

Cheaper? (List price for the R1 in 2005 was £9399, this one was sold for £7995 in 2005) Not sure if it's so true any more with exchange rates being the way the are.

Different colour schemes? (Black wasn't an official UK colour until 2006)

If you're building a track bike, lots of the USA spec bikes don't have an immobiliser meaning that it's easier to ditch the keys and it's one less thing to go wrong.

It's not a California spec bike, so no silly emissions gubbins to worry about fortunately. Just daft reflectors that can be unbolted.

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was helping out Chris scope out his R1. I recommended it after I purchased mine. Considering that both of us rode CBR929/954 FireBlades, it was only fitting that I recommended him an R1. I viewed the bike and it was an honest & genuine bike.

To be fair, it was me that noticed it was a US import after he had won the auction. The reflectors and the fact that the original owner had1 purchased it from Taz superbikes was the other giveaway. Other than that, an honest bike for a decemnt price.

Parallel and grey imports were BIG back in the mid 90's - early noughties, where you could have saved up to 2k on a brand new litrebike. As long as you had the headlights changed to RHD beams, they were fine. Taz and DK were big importers, but then the market dried up when UK official dealers were driving prices down to match grey imports.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ZZR600 was imported from Germany. The only reason I can think of that this happened is the colour scheme. I'm still to see another ZZR6 in the UK with the same colours.

Nice bike OP. Hope it treats you well, I'll probably have another year on the ZZR and I'll be looking for something else, read that as higher capacity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bros was imported from Japan, I chose it straight from the container. It was a grey import, but it didn't worry me in the slightest. Owned and rode for 4years, no issues. Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1