Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RF600 - Rideable, MOT'd £500

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:06 - 23 Apr 2015    Post subject: RF600 - Rideable, MOT'd £500 Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/8ElDgCUl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gwAjGWQl.jpg

'93 RF600

Good

Has nearly a full years MOT.

Meat on both tyres

Chain & Sprockets in reasonable condition

Recent service - Oil filter, air filter, plugs, fresh coolant and fresh oil

Pulled happily up to 130-135mph, so the engines clearly okay.

Brakes were stripped & cleaned, then filled with fresh fluid.

Bad

Advisory on MOT for front wheel bearing.

Speedo drive clicks, but speedo works perfectly well.

Downpipes are blowing very badly, I made a patch out of tinfoil and gun gum to get it through MOT which seemed to hold for a few months. I have set of downpipes to go with the bike, however they are off a late model so you need to find a late model sump to fit them. I also have all the required gaskets to fit the exhaust to go with it.

Fork seal one side is a little bit weepy, happened after the Southend Shakedown...I'd assume I hit a pothole a bit hard.

Has some bizzare fuelling issue which I suspect to be muck in the carbs. They'll be stripped, cleaned and re-balanced prior to sale.

Ugly

It's an RF & thus not very pretty

Theres scratches and marks on every panel

It has purple wheels

Some stickers are peeling off

The fairing bolts are a mismatch of OEM and chinese pattern parts

Reason for sale

https://i.imgur.com/WFLymed.gif

Fuelling issue caused it to cut out, it's cost me £200 to recover the fecking thing, I'm skint & I'm particularily pissed off with it at the moment.

In its defence it did fire straight back up in the recovery yard, and did the Southend Shakedown with no issues & wasn't a bad bike to ride, but the sight of it makes me want to set it on fire at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1