Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

my return to bikes... and loving it.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:15 - 08 May 2015    Post subject: my return to bikes... and loving it. Reply with quote

its been a long time since ive been on this forum. after my brother 'Kaben' - (cat wearing a lime) had his accident involving a Seat Leon and a double front somersault to a near perfect landing, which left him with a busted shoulder, hip , and broken forearm i decided to take time out from riding, more so for my mother who had a hard time dealing with me riding after Robs accident. that and i was given the ultimatum, sell the bike or move out... i didnt have enough money back then to move out so i sold it... kept her happy anyway...

i have changed jobs a lot since i was on here way back, i have since completed an apprenticeship at Audi, worked at VW becoming a workshop controller, then become senior tech at Skoda, moved to Bentley and Aston Martin, which was quite fun, but got very tedius quite quickly, but took a v12 db9 sideways round sevenoaks roundabouts on my last day... i left Bentley to work for the RAC where i am now currently employed. no drifting thus far in the van....

i have dabbled in track cars and currently own a bmw e36 m3 fully caged track car, but somethings always niggled, the fact that ive spent all this money on a car, which is quick... but its not bike quick. i enjoy the car for the nurburgring etc, but sometimes its just nice to go feel free on a bike and stop somewhere for a steak. or a coke, or whatever, just an excuse to go ride into the coutryside

so i started looking at bikes, r6's, r1's, 636's , kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki... i then started thinking about how long its been since i was on my last road bike, a bandit 1200 when i worked for vw, so instead of jumping straight in i bought an enduro bike to get familiar and have some offroad/greenlaning fun with

i bought a 2009 KTM 250 sxf mods include
Arrow fully road legal
Arrow Dep s7 exhaust
Arrow vertex 280cc bore kit
Arrow rekluse z start pro clutch
Arrow fat bars
Arrow rear moose
Arrow powdercoated frame
Arrow excel rims

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Dam_buster/ktm_zps69dewspd.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Dam_buster/ktm2_zpsfiyz1fls.jpg

i go to as many enduros as i can when im not working dodgy shifts, its great, knackering, and definately gets you in shape quickly,

been a bit of a dry spell recently though,.. what with a friend being forced to sell his bike, and anothers crankshaft popping out to say hello, left me to ride alone, no biggy but i enjoy sharing the enduro days with my pals, get to catch up and have a laugh, they all own road bikes so thought it was time to invest in another sports bike.

now i went to look at a fair few bikes, some not very looked after examples popped up, some very over priced high mileage with owners who wouldnt budge on the price, and decided that if i was going to buy a sports bike, that i would rather pay the extra money and get a very clean looked after example,

i took another look on ebay, where this popped up, i messaged the seller who already had someone coming to view, but would call me if the sale fell through.

i cursed as this bike was very clean, but accepted that he was a man of his word, i got to work hoping the other buyer would back out of the sale, but knew this would be sold to the first person to view it. i went to bed annoyed that i may lose out.

the next day i got a phone call to let me know that the chap had failed his bike test and would not be able to pick it up till the weekend, at this point a devilish grin appeared on my face and i threw my head back and cackled mwahahaha. (im not happy that he failed his test... just that i now had the oppetunity to buy this bike)

que the road trip, i roped a friend into taking me down to thatcham ...a quick trip round the m25 and down the m4 towards reading, but i had to ride bitch, and after the 2hour journey felt like i had been raped by a gorilla,.. kawasaki pillion seats are not comfortable.. i arrived at the sellers house, in agony where i laid eyes on my new bike... all i can say is it was very very clean.

id like to introduce you to my newest purchase

My Yamaha R6 5EB 2000 reg, with only 13k on the clock. which funnily enough i paid less for than a Ninja i looked at with 34000k Neutral

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Dam_buster/r6-6_zpsfxm97p01.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Dam_buster/r6-1_zps4oygdt6i.jpg

so clean, i was taken away by how well this bike has been looked after, the engine is immaculate.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Dam_buster/r6-2_zpsehnxlovh.jpg

now the bike is completely standard.... and the rear tyre is square... as the previous owner didnt exactly take it out to ride, and used mainly motorway than a roads.

now theres a few things id like to get for it

Arrow Decent exhaust - any examples? i like the look of the racefit gp style but not sure if this is going to be asbo loud. also looking at a harris exhaust..?
Arrow new levers,
Arrow exhaust hanger
Arrow undertray
Arrow rear hugger
Arrow fresh sticky tyres.... Pirelli Diablo super corsas... what are your views Question

Last edited by Dam_buster on 11:44 - 09 May 2015; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 08 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

remove the S from HTTPS

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:18 - 08 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KTM is gorgeous. Keep an eye on the coolant level on the R6, they are notorious for cracked bores.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:32 - 08 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill keep an eye out Thumbs Up i know they suffer with gearbox issues, but this bike looks like its been ridden by miss daisy, really is tidy.

apart from coolant level, i suppose the only way you'd know is white smoke from burning off coolant etc.

i love the KTM, its a bit special, and has taught me alot about riding, i definately think its improved my road riding.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 09 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice R6. Just got a 99 model a couple of weeks ago myself and now running sweet again after I dropped it Sad

My bike came with Harris race exhaust fitted but unfortunately haven't tried the stock exhaust so can't compare them for you.

The best I can do is the Harris exhaust looks nice, sounds very nice (angry mechanical orgasmic overture?), quite loud though so possibly be too much for Track day? My CBR650F with stock exhaust literally sounds like a restricted lawn mower and is rather embarrassing sounding when compared side by side with R6 Smile

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 09 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love supercorsas, I get mine part worn, sticky as fook and still mint in the wet and cold as long as you let them warm up first. The only tire I use on supermotos anyway. My pal swears by them on his gixxer thou too.

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 10 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally went with that R6 then Jim! PS you need to change your profile pic! You haven't been here in donkey's years! Also, you might want to buy a new lid too. I recollect you having that lid back in 2008 when I last saw you with the ZXR400!

My suggestions

1) Remove the yamaha stickers on the fork legs
2) Powdercoat wheels - I had polished rims once... never again
3) Keep it OEM! It's bound to be a future classic.
4) Call yourself Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:48 - 10 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, yea thinking of getting the wheels powdercoated, as the polished wheels are just... a pain in the arse really.

lids alright, sent it to arai for a service and to get checked out, came back with all clear, sent it off as couldnt justify buying another £500 lid when i hardly wore this one..,

i thought about the stickers on the fork legs, ill have to find my heat gun as worried it'll pull the paint off the fork legs.

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:29 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out for a ride on the R6 with the misses today, i got her some leathers, not amazing, but they'll do the job.,

she enjoyed herself and is keen to get her bike test done, or at least a cbt, then she can greenlane on a 125 or get a ktm duke 125 for the road... or both Twisted Evil

quite nice to go out and share the bike for a bit,

here are some pics of her posing on the bike..

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11139781_10153250771447480_623561688841239634_n.jpg?oh=52a10ad6a0737ad8544490c94e55d8e6&oe=56058BAE
she has got gloves... just not on.

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11256600_10153250771582480_7353090136553028232_n.jpg?oh=55224f71960a2f4bcea70f3721771408&oe=560860A9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11238965_10153077899000817_2836587133332761885_n.jpg?oh=dfaa43a59d8a8cfc1218061e0c3f941d&oe=55CB6362&__gda__=1439047328_d2062cacb9b93024f747d5b40c988f3a

and just outside ashford for a quick stop.

went for a ride just round the town at first get her used to riding pillion, and then for a moderate paced ride down the a20 (one of my favourite roads) to ashford, went and saw my nan and come back at a faster pace again, as vixx was a lot more comfortable on the back of the bike, i dont mind having pillions, the r6 is quite short and sensitive so any fidgeting can be felt straight away. but she is a great passenger doesnt lean into the corners just keeps herself neutral to the bike,

need to plan next time where to go and what to do, maybe the coast etc.

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:50 - 15 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

well managed to bag myself a bargain, got myself a new set of RST pro series 1 piece leathers for £150 delivered. look to have been worn a handful of times, went through the pockets and found a £10'r nice. i'll leave that in there for emergency fuel i think.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1