Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Exsperienced diagnostic help please!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

epicurius
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 16 May 2015    Post subject: Exsperienced diagnostic help please! Reply with quote

Hi, have stripped the missus Honda melody deluxe 82' (50cc 2 stroke auto choke) its belt was worn down to nothing. cleaned whole scooter, and engine and carb, and exhaust.. . bla bla. (didn't remove oil pump or open gear box) rebuilt, have had running (now goes faster, tho acceleration seemed low) played with the carb before putting new belt on, big mistake, cant get it right now.

It will start ok when warm but doesn't like to start in the first place, I have to fiddle the screws about with little clue which does what, how the hell do I set it up right?

So.. . it runs at 30mph instead of 24mph but I cant get it to reliably start? battery's not great, but I have trickle charger attached while trying to get the carb set so it will, both start from cold and have a sane idle speed (i think setting the idle real high is what gets it started but the acceleration screw did seem to affect the idle speed too so due to the manuals and advise i have found thus far being shaky on specifics as to which is which and what to do with them).

I believe the bottom left one is the air mix and the top one the idle.. . (and the very bottom is the float drain, which flows happily as does the oil to the pump).

Any advise that doesn't cost allot of money before I give in and take it to the garage would be greatly appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 16 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be posted in the Workshop section, but I'm sure 1 of the mods will come along and shift it.

Anyway a page that might help you out a bit: https://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/carburetor_set_up_and_lean_best_.htm

Also, if you don't know what you are doing then it's best to ask someone before attempting the job yourself
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

epicurius
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 16 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha now i cant delete it! please do moderators. newb apologies Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1