Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha YBR-125 Grey Color - PAKISTAN

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 22 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

djnomi wrote:
guys who are having YBR 125 EU version which is EFI what is its top speed and acceleration as this one is struggling in acceleration as well in top speed Cool

P.S - Yamaha also launching YBR 125G in OCT 2015 so lets see what they are upto in next year they have plan to launch almost 17 models and will localize 80% of their production.

The first thing that you should understand is, that it is a 125cc, SOHC 2 valve head, single cylinder, four stroke, made to be cheap and reliable.

I'm looking at the latest YBR 125 for the EU market, and I can't even see an O2 sensor there. So the only advantage over a carburetor, would be the fuel efficiency, MPG if you will.

Long story short, I think yours is as good/fast as those that you could get in the EU. Thumbs Up

EU version (specs from Yamaha):
7.5 kW (10.0PS) @ 7 800 rpm
9.6 Nm (0.98 kg-m) @ 6 000 rpm

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the carbed version had a bit more power than the DFi version. I think they de-tuned the EU version, to meet the strict EU emissions regulations.

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:20 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
djnomi wrote:
guys who are having YBR 125 EU version which is EFI what is its top speed and acceleration as this one is struggling in acceleration as well in top speed Cool

P.S - Yamaha also launching YBR 125G in OCT 2015 so lets see what they are upto in next year they have plan to launch almost 17 models and will localize 80% of their production.

The first thing that you should understand is, that it is a 125cc, SOHC 2 valve head, single cylinder, four stroke, made to be cheap and reliable.

I'm looking at the latest YBR 125 for the EU market, and I can't even see an O2 sensor there. So the only advantage over a carburetor, would be the fuel efficiency, MPG if you will.

Long story short, I think yours is as good/fast as those that you could get in the EU. Thumbs Up

EU version (specs from Yamaha):
7.5 kW (10.0PS) @ 7 800 rpm
9.6 Nm (0.98 kg-m) @ 6 000 rpm

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the carbed version had a bit more power than the DFi version. I think they de-tuned the EU version, to meet the strict EU emissions regulations.

thankyou for your input , AVG. fuel consumption is around 45 KM/L whereas no exact Acceleration/Torque specs are available from Yamaha website but as per my personal experience average acceleration is just ok but we already have CG 125 (Honda) which is indeed monster in this category Smile and YBR cant beat it.

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:03 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the YBR...get Yamaha Pakistan to introduce the FZ150i there!

https://giaxe.2banh.vn/dataupload/products/thumbs/1393312475-86024cad1e83101d97359d7351051156-96-9.jpg

Fuel-injected, water-cooled, 150cc single with an honest-to-goodness perimeter frame utilising the engine as a stressed member. Has a reputation as a fuel sipper with previous models getting close to 400km per tank. Thumbs Up

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:43 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadwolf wrote:
Forget the YBR...get Yamaha Pakistan to introduce the FZ150i there!

https://giaxe.2banh.vn/dataupload/products/thumbs/1393312475-86024cad1e83101d97359d7351051156-96-9.jpg

Fuel-injected, water-cooled, 150cc single with an honest-to-goodness perimeter frame utilising the engine as a stressed member. Has a reputation as a fuel sipper with previous models getting close to 400km per tank. Thumbs Up

well lets see i dont think they will come with EFI coz it will increase cost of unit , in Pakistan CG 125 is most Fav brand and price is just 103,000 PKR (640 British pounds) whereas YBR 125 priced around 805 pounds. prices under 1200-1300 Pound will make sense, lets see what Yamaha is upto.

sharing CG 125 Pic Smile

https://atlashonda.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/poster-honda-cg-125.jpg

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:46 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

djnomi wrote:

well lets see i dont think they will come with EFI coz it will increase cost of unit , in Pakistan CG 125 is most Fav brand and price is just 103,000 PKR (640 British pounds) whereas YBR 125 priced around 805 pounds. prices under 1200-1300 Pound will make sense, lets see what Yamaha is upto.

That's a bit of a shame, the FZ150i is very reasonably priced here in Malaysia where it goes for about 1500 pounds brand new. Tax per year is 34p Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:18 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos for the enclosed chain. Shame that they dropped the massively useful luggage rack.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 24 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha appear to secretly love the enclosed chain, it appeared on the XV920, TR1 and the SR125 amongst others. Appears to have lost out to shaft drive for practicality, and to the abominable rubber band for the latest harley clones.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:49 - 24 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber bands are fine. They'd be finer if more bikes used them, because they'd be cheaper and more readily available.

The main problem is crud getting between the band and the pulley and damaging them. Enclosed rubber bands... Thinking

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:02 - 24 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok question to all seniors is that can i have sports bike sound in my current YBR since its very calm , is their way if we can use after market exhaust or sound will not make any diffrence

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 24 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports bike sound, if you mean like Moto 3 race bikes, then yes. Basically, if you get an open exhaust system, you get the noise. It won't give you any more power though and will possibly move the peak torque to higher revs.

The motorcycle won't be any faster, and your head's gonna hurt from all the noise, since you are going to ride it at high revs all the time. Thumbs Up

If you don't want to invest any money, you can just drill the inside baffle/s out of the factory exhaust.

Check the youbook: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ybr+125+open+exhaust
Not really a pleasant sound to have, I'd say.

An example of a drilled out baffle (YBR 125): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMFqYlqBDNw

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 09:27 - 24 Jun 2015; edited 2 times in total

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 24 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Rubber bands are fine. They'd be finer if more bikes used them, because they'd be cheaper and more readily available.

The main problem is crud getting between the band and the pulley and damaging them. Enclosed rubber bands... Thinking

and then if you get rid of those pesky gears Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:39 - 26 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi folks,

since i am newbie need expert opinion should i shange stock plug with after market plug, in my YBR stock plug is NGK -cr6hsa can i replace it with NGK - cr7hix (Iridium IX).

does changing plug make +ive impact on bike or i should keep stock plug.

Picture of both stock and Iridium is mentioned below

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/yamaha-bikes/1589486d1435255029-yamaha-ybr-125-customization-thread-1435254759655.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:27 - 26 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried standard and iridium plugs in several bikes without noticing any real difference. The main benefit of iridium is that they last longer. On a bike with an exposed plug, that's just not an issue. The downside is that if the plug gets fouled (and mine did) then cleaning it is problematical.

I'd stick with a properly gapped clean stock plug.

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:23 - 26 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I've tried standard and iridium plugs in several bikes without noticing any real difference. The main benefit of iridium is that they last longer. On a bike with an exposed plug, that's just not an issue. The downside is that if the plug gets fouled (and mine did) then cleaning it is problematical.

thankyou appreciated .. now coming to the fuel mixture i mean is there any ways we can increase acceleration by changing fuel mixture value + any other element? since i am not a mechanic myself but i visited some local mechanic he did some tappet adjustment and fuel mixture after this my bike petrol average is falling down quickly and i think only 5% increase in acceleration but bike is missing at high RPM . e.g at 5th gear if a try to cross 8000 RPM bike starts jerks what you suggest in this regards should i go back to stock settings and live with it

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 26 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

djnomi wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

thankyou appreciated .. now coming to the fuel mixture i mean is there any ways we can increase acceleration by changing fuel mixture value + any other element? since i am not a mechanic myself but i visited some local mechanic he did some tappet adjustment and fuel mixture after this my bike petrol average is falling down quickly and i think only 5% increase in acceleration but bike is missing at high RPM . e.g at 5th gear if a try to cross 8000 RPM bike starts jerks what you suggest in this regards should i go back to stock settings and live with it

No, the mixture won't help with acceleration really. It is wether perfect = there are no drops in the power band and the engine runs smooth, OR it's fecked up, and you will have drops in the power band, hesitation, rough idle etc.

To get better acceleration get a bigger rear sprocket or smaller front one. To understand the final drive gear ratio, imagine a mountain bike with multiple gears. A bit shorter final driver gear ratio will actually give you a bit more top speed as well. The thing is, when you're at the top gear now, can you really rev it up to the rev-limiter or does it feel like it won't get there? If so, then shorter final drive gear ratio = less effort required to spin the rear wheel. Thumbs Up

CB-1 = short final drive ratio, top 195kph, very quickly vs. long final drive ratio, about 175kph, but the MPG got a lot better and it also didn't run as hot. Thumbs Up

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 29 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bike that fouls plugs quickly or is hard to start in cold weather, iridium plugs seem to help as the electrode is small and pointed so the spark is emitted from the same place each time, helping to keep the electrode clean. Old Viragos run better with them.

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 05:55 - 29 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
If you have a bike that fouls plugs quickly or is hard to start in cold weather, iridium plugs seem to help as the electrode is small and pointed so the spark is emitted from the same place each time, helping to keep the electrode clean. Old Viragos run better with them.

well right now its very hot these days in Pakistan , in my city temp remain 35+ even go to 45-46 Celsius
i have one more issue which i am facing these days bike jerks on higher RPM or if i try to rev engine on higher RPM bike starts missing what is the cause of this and how it can be resolved a local mechanic said your bike is not getting current properly on higher Speed/RPM which is the cause of these jerks / missing. please help!!

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:24 - 01 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Exactly the opposite, enclosed chains, if sealed up properly, last ages, at least on Jawa's do. Thumbs Up

Serious questions..
How long is 'ages'?
How do you know if the chain is lubed properly?
How do you check the slack?
remove the inspection cover to check the chain tension, Jawa/CZ used cast Iron sprockets which do last a long time but not forever, they do need a drop of oil every now and then but if the original idea of Pertol/Oil mix is concerned they self lub via the tickle facility on the carb which was a bloody good idea and years ahead of the Scottoiler, Jawa made an major balls up the minute they used the useless Amal carbs over the Jikov ticklers.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 01 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonzoomer wrote:
remove the inspection cover to check the chain tension, Jawa/CZ used cast Iron sprockets which do last a long time but not forever, they do need a drop of oil every now and then but if the original idea of Pertol/Oil mix is concerned they self lub via the tickle facility on the carb which was a bloody good idea and years ahead of the Scottoiler, Jawa made an major balls up the minute they used the useless Amal carbs over the Jikov ticklers.

There was a auto chain lube system on 60's Jawa's, next to the front sprocket, there was a hole in the gearbox case with some sort of felt/foam in the hole, and the gearbox oil slowly leaked through that onto the chain. They only used it for a short period of time.

I'm not sure about the ticklers, but I know people used those though. Thumbs Up

lincsrider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 07 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

What's up with them dumping Jianshe, I wonder. Quality or cost or politics?

Hopefully it's the former. I mean, if you're going to buy a Chinese bike, you might as well pay Chinese bike prices. As it is, the price Yamaha are asking for a YBR is utterly criminal.

Might as well go and order three Jianshes.

djnomi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:38 - 22 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

lincsrider wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

What's up with them dumping Jianshe, I wonder. Quality or cost or politics?

Hopefully it's the former. I mean, if you're going to buy a Chinese bike, you might as well pay Chinese bike prices. As it is, the price Yamaha are asking for a YBR is utterly criminal.

Might as well go and order three Jianshes.

well they have recently started their manufacturing/assembly plant in Pakistan (right now assembly only but by 2020 they are planning 60% local manufacturing of parts , right now parts are bit expansive) Japanese will not only sell locally but they will also import to Whole Asia from pakistan so cheaper for locals and expansive for other this is what i think

Wednesday Biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:30 - 28 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks better than the one I had.
Big problem areas on mine were the footpeg brackets,exhaust,shockers and swing arm which rusted quite badly.
But the enclosed chain and the exhaust and footpeg brackets are different on this one and don't look like they will be as big a problem.
Chain was very flimsy and rusted before your eyes if it even looked like raining Smile

Speed wise I thought it was quite good.Not as quick as the yzf 125 but would do 70mph easily on the flat maybe 75 if it wasn't windy. Had 80mph down hill a few times. The clock probably wasn't that accurate but that's probably the case for most 125's

Nice bike, especially for £802

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:59 - 02 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Exactly the opposite, enclosed chains, if sealed up properly, last ages, at least on Jawa's do. Thumbs Up

Serious questions..
How long is 'ages'?
How do you know if the chain is lubed properly?
How do you check the slack?

My mate's TR1 did 60k miles on its stock chain and sprockets, due entirely to the enclosed guard. Even then it had more life in it. Iirc, lubrication was via an aperture at the front end of the cover, and the lubricant itself was - curiously - a form of high temperature grease rather than a less viscous oil type substance. In the owners' handbook Yamaha expressly forbade the use of O or X ring chains - quite why is not clear, but may be something to do with the fact that, encased in its cover, the chain became much warmer than a conventional exposed kind. The extra heat would lead to excessive wear of the "rubber" components in O/X chains.

Aesthetically such covers are imo somewhat old fashioned in appearance - but in terms of brute practicality they are utterly unassailable and should be available as after market parts for any and every bike designed with some sort of "practical" all-year-round use in mind. I would guess that, with correct lubrication, the life expectancy of encased chain and sprockets is maybe ten times that of 'normal' ones.

How do you check the slack? Well, how do you check the wear of your front sprocket? Remove the cover and inspect it. There is no reason why the process with an enclosed chain guard should take too much longer.

On grounds of practicality, there is no particularly compelling argument against the enclosed design. It was merely felt that with the development of O and X types, chain life would be increased (and maintenance decreased) sufficiently to obviate the requirement for some sort of protective housing.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 05 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo.. YBR125 in Pakistan £800, UK £2500?, I wonder if you could ship one over cheaply? or will the build quality be bad?.

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:17 - 05 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
Sooo.. YBR125 in Pakistan £800, UK £2500?, I wonder if you could ship one over cheaply? or will the build quality be bad?.

£800 probably 'cos it's made there. Bring one over and all the hoops you have to jump through to get the thing registered etc would probably add up close to £2500, less the bits that go to dealers and other middlemen.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3