Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trackday Pictures

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

deeBWW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 16 Jul 2015    Post subject: Trackday Pictures Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've seen alot of trackday photos posted and I've been thinking after seeing how good some of them are that it would be really good to be able to compile all these pictures in one place so they can be categorised and viewed at anytime from anywhere plus I love looking at other peoples pics to pick up little pointers on body positioning and how to improve Thumbs Up . After some thought I decided to add a section to my site for public photos that's now complete.

The pictures will be categorised by track and each picture will have the riders name, as provided on the form submission, at the bottom of it. My hosting package has unlimited space so the more the merrier and I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get but would be great to get all different pictures of everyone categorised by track to make for easier viewing.........and showing. Rolling Eyes

If you do have a load of photos you want to put up PM me and I can arrange for that instead of uploading one by one it can be mailed across and bulk uploaded this end.

LINK: https://www.birminghamweekendwarriors.co.uk/publicpics.html

I only finalised the page today and there may still be abit of debugging required so if anyone comes across anything that doesn't seem to function right or has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. But the response I've had has been good and some pictures have been put up already...

I'm currently up as picture of the month because my pic was the first one on there lol and I want to make the most of it because I don't think I'll be holding that spot for long lol. But that being said if anyone has any ideas on how to judge picture of the month that would also be good so ideally its a general consensus and not a personal preference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scythe
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:44 - 16 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have a problem with copyright here. I imagine even another you have purchased them, the rights to publish will remain with the photographer, i.e. you are purchasing them for personal use only.

Probably best to just refer to one of the main photographer's site such as Peter Wileman or Alex James.

deeBWW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 16 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not commercial use though? It's their pictures if they can't show them why would they buy them? It's a non commercial personal website no different to posting pics on a public forum no?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 16 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only there was already a site that allowed uploading and sharing of your photos so all of your friends could see them, and you could also link back to them to use them elsewhere?

Like a book of faces or something? Thinking

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 16 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
If only there was already a site that allowed uploading and sharing of your photos so all of your friends could see them, and you could also link back to them to use them elsewhere?

Like a book of faces or something? Thinking

Difference is, he's removing the watermark where as Facebook doesn't Smile

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:21 - 17 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:

Difference is, he's removing the watermark where as Facebook doesn't Smile

Is he? Fair.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1