Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuka 8 Hour on Sunday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:19 - 25 Jul 2015    Post subject: Suzuka 8 Hour on Sunday Reply with quote

Eurosport 2 has the whole thing from 2:45am then highlights at 11:30pm.

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/espargaro-smashes-suzuka-lap-record-to-take-pole

Pol Espargaro won Superpole with Watanabe second for Kawasaki and one Mr Stoner third, only three tenths back from Pol. The R1M is really starting to peak, I wonder if Michael Dunlop has any regrets.

On the road theme, Eurosport 2 also has Southern 100 highlights at 6:30pm Sunday.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:12 - 27 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed that. After only a few laps Stoner unfortunately had his throttle stick open going into the hairpin, and had to lay it down before the barriers. He broke an ankle and shoulder bone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVa3F0LuCJo

Therefore it was left to Dominique Aegeter and Josh Hook to fight Yamaha for Honda. Hook is a 22 year old Aussie racing in Japan currently, I’m sure he’ll be on the world stage soon enough.

The Kawasaki squad self-destructed and Alex Lowes briefly stuck it under Espargaro for Suzuki, but someone else crashed and caused a few laps’ worth of damage.

Therefore despite even having a stop-go, the R1 team romped home ahead of Aegeter and the Suzuki team of Kiyonari, Haga and Kagayama. It’s their first win in 19 years.

The closing scenes looked great – glow in the dark race numbers, glowsticks depending what team you were supporting, a very civilised track charge and Honda’s mediocre season continues. I think the 8 Hour has to go on my bucket list.

ps Suzuka is such a cool track compared to Motegi.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1