Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Here's why you should always keep your visor down...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:41 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be glad it was a small stone mate and not slice of glass. Now that would of been an eye opener.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:38 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh bloody hell mate !!! Shocked glad it's getting better !!

worst i've had with the visor up is a wasp in my mouth !! Shocked lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ratcliffe
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:02 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Sick Glad I've not suffered anything like that (hurriedly touches lots of wood around the room). Hope its better soon! Karma

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 04:02 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo look's bad sorry. me mates been hit by a crow lol only on the head tho whilst riding

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 02:39 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinhDinh wrote:

well i don't read every post in a thread, and i wouldn't be bothered if someone typed something similar to me afterwards. its not competition for me. there are no winners, just LOSERS.

And then again, there are just some completely precocious grade one cocks about arent there dear. Rolling Eyes tosser

As for your scuffle mate, harsh luck. Be glad it wasnt /that/ serious. As everyone has said, youd be well within rights to have binned your bike from that.

I take it the opening the visor an ickle bit trick doesnt work on yours then... That clears the fog very well usually.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 03:26 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked OUCH!

I was doing about 30 behind my mate and he flicked a stone up. It hit me just below the eye and that REALLY hurt. I nearly came off my bike cos I moved my head (Reaction I suppose) and it totally unballanced me. I managed to keep up though.

That must of been a killer when It hit!

<|Binge|>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Six Ran
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:37 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude. Glad it wasn't worse. Thumbs Up

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eye was almost like that when after I had stopped the bike and opened my visor and what happens, a big freakin' brownish looking fly hits me in the eye but leaves an almost invisible piece of wing behind between my eye lid and eye which causes the eye to be inflamed which required anti-biotics from the Hospital shortly afterwards to get rid of the infection.

I looked like a one eyed vampyre !! Laughing

In regards to his stone in the eye, as you can usually get a higher chance of getting one if you're behind a vehicle while travelling up a steep road because your low enough to get one hitting you in the face rather than just being kicked up and hitting you on the leg instead.

Rollins
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:36 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all looks fine now, thank god, and I panic now whenever I leave my visor up! It's not something I want to go through again, I don't wish it upon anyone.

bonny_ricardo wrote:
I take it the opening the visor an ickle bit trick doesnt work on yours then... That clears the fog very well usually.

I didn't think to do that - my visor's normally fully open or shut. And I don't recommend the Shoei Pinlock insert, as it makes the visor almost opaque in bright sunlight, though it does help reduce the fogging a bit.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anti-fogging you're after, and as long as you haven't got a funky visor which curves in more than one direction, then Fog City is the only way to go. Their inserts work amazingly well (read virtually flawlessly), and are only £12-15.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2