Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Long time ambition to travel by bike to Greece-Athens

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

alexknight200...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:01 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Long time ambition to travel by bike to Greece-Athens Reply with quote

For many years now I have had a yearning to travel six weeks this way and six weeks that way. I am getting to that age now that if I don't do it next year I may never do it and will regret it for the rest of my life.

I'm 51 with a mental age of a 25 year old. (not literally of course Laughing ) Just in case your wondering if I am of the retard.

That ambition may be a bit ambitious for a first 'long' trip on a bike so am thinking 3-4 weeks total?

What I would like to do is take a journey to Greece.

So, my questions are:

1. How long should I reasonably allow to get to Greece in a sedate gentlemanly fashion.
2. What would a good route be.
3. Any tips for a long journey.
4. What would be the best time of year (thinking late April to mid-late May.
5. Alternatives to Greece. (I want to be able to spend a week halfway round to just relax etc at a hotel/inn/villa/B&B.

Was really wanting to visit the Milau Bridge, France, but that seems to be way of course.

Any help, suggestions, tips, links etc appreciated so I can start weaving my plan.

Alex

mjn51
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:25 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quick google found this HTH
Mike
https://www.visordown.com/forum/motorcycle-touring-and-tours/london-to-athens/271754.html

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2012 me and the wife toured Europe with the furthest point being Istanbul which is roughly the same distance as Athens. In all we visited 15 countries and including a full week in Dubrovnik we were away for 2 months. I didn't feel that we were in any sort of rush. Some days we did a few hundred miles, others we did very little or none.

Here's a link to our trip report - may give you some ideas
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3380816&highlight=#3380816

alexknight200...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:30 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: euro trip 2016 Reply with quote

Will have a look tonight, thanks.

Just noticed that I read the thread back in Nov 2012, THREE YEARS ago Shocked .

Cannot believe how quickly time goes by, THREE years ago!!!

Alex

Enduro Numpty wrote:
In 2012 me and the wife toured Europe with the furthest point being Istanbul which is roughly the same distance as Athens. In all we visited 15 countries and including a full week in Dubrovnik we were away for 2 months. I didn't feel that we were in any sort of rush. Some days we did a few hundred miles, others we did very little or none.

Here's a link to our trip report - may give you some ideas
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3380816&highlight=#3380816

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1