Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 26 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happened....I am surprised I did not implode. Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil

So the polite biker florescent vests bikers wear that want to look like complete tools. Bad enough right?!?!?!

Well I spotted one of these vests in London this morning on my commute on a damn cyclist. This can fuck right off. Brick Wall

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 26 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely not me....

Today's world has been markedly improved by the introduction of technology, no?

Bloody NO!

I have used all of the following online services - set up to make life easier, allegedly - in the last few days

Student Loan Company
Bank of Cyprus
BT
Scottish Power
Severn Trent

Without exception, nothing worked as it should and in every case I had to ring and speak to, guess what........a human being, who sorted things out.

FFS Rolling Eyes

Oh yes and they all said it wasn't my fault, I was starting to think it was! They all confirmed that their "system" wasn't working properly. Which begs the question, why design and rely on systems that aren't fit for customers' purposes?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 26 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a redundant rating from a complete penis who light's the filter end of his roll-ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 26 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to post a daily moan in this thread as I don't like to be a miserable bastard! Laughing

Today I have one though.

Those stupid numerous non uniform signs/stickers on the back of vans/trucks:

*This vehicle is limited/restricted to XX mph.
*Cyclists, Motorcyclists do no not pass this vehicle on the inside

And others similar bollocks stickers all in different wording/styles and fonts.

I think truck's should not be allowed to fit limiters at any other speed than 56mph or 50mph instead of all different speeds in 1mph increments just to be different.

I also think that any such warning stickers should be a single approved style like road signs and that having any other writing or signage on the back of a vehicle or warning labels should be Illegal.

The only thing you should be able to have on a van is company info/logo's, names or web sites and phone numbers.

Things like 'this vehicle is fitted with tracking systems' should be illegal to display, along with instructions to cyclists on what they should do etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 27 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

The only thing you should be able to have on a van is company info/logo's, names or web sites and phone numbers.

Things like 'this vehicle is fitted with tracking systems' should be illegal to display, along with instructions to cyclists on what they should do etc.

What if the company was called '56mph Ltd' and its website was Do_Not_Overtake_On_The_Left.com

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 27 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instant vehicle seizure by police and crushed sounds good! Laughing

Do other road users really need to be told where they can and can't pass vehicles, or other common sense shit about not being able to see mirrors etc.

We even have stupid stickers on our works vehicles that says 'This vehicle has been re-tuned to reduce emissons'
I always think they should put another sticker under that read's 'Remapped vehicle now has worse fuel economy and drivability'

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 27 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

I think truck's should not be allowed to fit limiters at any other speed than 56mph or 50mph instead of all different speeds in 1mph increments just to be different.

There are some legit reasons for that. I think 56mph is the limit in Euroland so trucks that go over there have to be set to that. In the UK they can do 60 (dual carriageways and motorways except scootchland...50 on dual carriageways).

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 27 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

If this featured on that Room 101 TV show, I don't think it'd make the grade!

Should we ban all car logos and models too? They're all different, and a new company might hit the market tomorrow, then we've got a whole new set of unexpected non-standard words on the back of loads of vehicles!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 27 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manufacturer's logo's and model names are not an issue though or part of the problem.

But now you've started me on this topic, then I do insist that de-badged vehicles should be illegal too, and so should the whole ridiculous sleeper Phenomenon.

If you have a 2.8L V6 Quattro twin turbo RS/Alpina/AMG or whatever, you should not be allowed to roll round de-badged or with 1.3GL stuck on the boot lid. Laughing

My real gripe was the explosion of different warning stickers and those that assume people are stupid beyond belief and also those that are shouting/telling other road users what to do!
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

My real gripe was the explosion of different warning stickers and those that assume people are stupid beyond belief and also those that are shouting/telling other road users what to do!

people are that stupid though

woman round here last year was squashed by a reversing bin lorry even though it had lights and reversing beeper going she still walked behind it

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Yup, sense of entitlement dictates the lorry should have stopped for her.She probably had
someone telling her she was special her entire life. Obviously a different type of special to the kind she assumed
she was. Now if someone had been telling her she was truckproof her whole life then you can understand the confusion.

In short, special does not = truckproof.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Do other road users really need to be told where they can and can't pass vehicles, or other common sense shit about not being able to see mirrors etc.

Yes I believe they do, having spent years driving buses and trucks around central London for my job.
Lets put it this way, if I wasn't as vigilant behind the wheel as I was then I might have missed the numerous
daily attempts of people trying to end their lives prematurely up my nearside. Remember, a good fraction of
London drivers passed their 'test' overseas, share licences or worse still just don't bother at all. The trouble is
the guy in the biggest vehicle nearly always gets the blame even if someone else puts themselves into danger.
Most Cyclists that get squished in London by trucks did because of their own bad road positioning and the lack of
compulsory training of any sort. Instead they insist trucks are made 'safer'by sticking mirrors here there and
everywhere. God forbid someone should expect the cyclists and pedestrians to take responsibility for their own safety.
They are so 'special' you see. But as I've mentioed above, 'special' shouldn't be confused with 'truckproof'
They are very very different things.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Oh yes and they all said it wasn't my fault, I was starting to think it was! They all confirmed that their "system" wasn't working properly. Which begs the question, why design and rely on systems that aren't fit for customers' purposes?

Standard procedure for all system releases nowadays. Who cares if it doesn't work as long as it's not release (too) late.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random night shifts getting thrown at me, cocking up my sleeping pattern. Just blurgh. Last one I'll have to do hopefully though.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement guy at work AGAIN.

He bragged that one particular job took him two hours whereas myself and the other guy can do it in four. Checking over his work it is very hit and miss meaning that the pair of us are going to have to go over everything ourselves and find his numerous mistakes. He doesn't read emails (he doesn't know important info that was communicated by email and then told to him to his face), he redoes work already done for him because "it's not my personal style" and then relates stories about how he is so tired after work that he falls asleep on the drive home.

I have no idea why he is so tired. He is here for less time than I am but spends most of it complaining about everything. A fun topic of conversation the other day was about his dead parents.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:16 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please piss in his juice or something. That or bring the smackdown Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win 8.1 not allowing apps to open.
Pissed about searching the error message 0x80072ee4.
Pissed off with stupid resolutions.
More pissing about and got it sorted.
More pissing about setting up email accounts.

Good job I had piss-all to do today as it's pissing it down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Please piss in his juice or something. That or bring the smackdown Thumbs Up

I think a word tomorrow is necessary. Not by me though!

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

High winds. Makes commuting on a lightweight tiddler seem like a one way trip to deathville.

Blown towards the middle of the road with a car coming the opposite way, blown towards a kerb on a bend, front end moving about on an approach to a roundabout making it near impossible to brake and then being blown around on zed roundabout.

Took a deep breath when I got home, god knows how I made it on piece.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My head cold that's had me feeling like I'm being slowly drowned in snot for the last 4 days.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjusting from early shift to late shift.
You do get a longer weekend but waking up at 6.30 and having to work past 9.30 tonight makes for a long old day.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 85 of 698