Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hide and seek mr policeman.. fek awf.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Hide and seek mr policeman.. fek awf. Reply with quote

Plod thinks he's playing a game of hide and seek in the dead of winter night with his speed gun.

https://s9.postimg.org/dx3opbmhr/Screenshot.png

First time I've encountered one on this route, cleverly parked between two cars and just edging out into the road when on coming traffic approaches. Decided to raise his gun as I went past, although I had a god send in that the taxi driver infront was as slow as a snail so I backed off to leave a gap.. any other night, erm.. Shocked

Glad I did leave that gap as the taxi infront decided to shit himself and brake multiple times after passing and realising what plod was doing as well as you'll see my right mirror is filled as per with bright main beams by a tailgating arsewipe cager.

Not tonight, shall make the next few times I encounter this route interesting... can tell he's going to have some fun the speed some cars go down that road. Laughing

A38 - Birmingham, just encase anyone's local to the road or uses it. Thumbs Up

edit: A34 not A38. Embarassed

Last edited by NJD on 19:29 - 29 Nov 2015; edited 1 time in total

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:58 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's not spunk on the photo then.

Should of started swerving all over the road and said you got blinded by the gun Smile
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:58 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban dual carriageway? Pig in shit, dem "non-existent" quotas. Drooling

Did you spot where his co-conspirators were performing the stand-and-deliver a bit further down the road?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
Should of started swerving all over the road and said you got blinded by the gun Smile

Think the high winds where taking care of that for me, spent most of yesterday thinking there was something wrong with the front of my bike and then figured it was just the wind lifting the wheel and moving it around.. another reason to save up and ditch the tiddler asap.

Can't help but feel that he's as much of a hazard as speed cameras, spend half your time checking your speed on approach and then looking in the mirror to ensure you don't need to purchase some lube when arriving at your destination, best bit is half of them don't even work. "Road saftey" blah blah my rear end.

Rogerborg wrote:
Did you spot where his co-conspirators were performing the stand-and-deliver a bit further down the road?

There's a junction not long after this and didn't see one between him and that although who's to say there wasn't an unmarked with the lights out parked up.. either that or the police car with two plods getting into that I passed further back up the road hadn't arrived yet. Still, stick at the speed limit until leaving the road just to be on the safe side.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did`nt ride over him? were`nt you blinded by the laser?.... maybe next time.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 28 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
You did`nt ride over him? were`nt you blinded by the laser?.... maybe next time.

I would of "sorry mate wind blew me of course didn't see you there, why are you standing in the middle of a dual carriage way anyway?" but.. since I wasn't over the limit I had more joy creating a mental image of how many doughnuts he'd have to comfort eat back at the station knowing he'd missing an opportunity. Didn't notice the laser was to busy watching mr "i'll just panic brake and shit myself" ahead of me.

Wasn't there today, either I was to early and missed him today or he hit his "targets" yesterday and had something else to do. Rolling Eyes

In other news someone wants to jump of a bridge but needs a fag first, highway shut and tailbacks and traffic jams galore.. oh wait I'm going a different way, thank fek.. I do love this city. Rolling Eyes *cough*

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That road just encourages you to speed Sad

Taught2BCauti...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was near Pebble Mill - they often train rookies in that area, but not usually in the dark.
Never seen anyone speeding through get pulled over though, as there's not usually another unit up ahead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They hide behind lamp posts around here.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A copper using a speed gun in the rain, cold and dark?!

Ours only bother pew-pewing people on clear sunny days around here. I thought they only did speed checks to top up their tan. Must need some money to put behind the bar at the xmas party.

Last edited by Wafer_Thin_Ham on 12:29 - 29 Nov 2015; edited 1 time in total

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is shocking.

I always thought I was safe with the cover of darkness..

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round here I once saw a camera van in the usual place, but they'd got another copper tucked up right next to it pointing the opposite way with a tripod mounted gun, catching people speeding up down the wide urban dual carriageway after the camera van. Very well hidden behind the camera van.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Parallel Pershore road one night when Plod man is out, and accelerate like a mofo, so he can hear ballistic bike nearby!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Use the Parallel Pershore road one night when Plod man is out, and accelerate like a mofo, so he can hear ballistic bike nearby!

A34 not A48, oops. Embarassed

One trip down the Bristol road is enough to last me a lifetime, most annoying is the speed cameras that are placed on the downhill slant. Suppose that road will become more enjoyable overtime once I eventually get a better bike the steep hills are enough to loose speed on if you enter in the wrong gear (on a tiddler), nothing like going past the uni and all the female students in summer. Wink

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
That is shocking.

I always thought I was safe with the cover of darkness..

You think that`s bad , I`ve seen them out very early on a Sunday morning around here Evil or Very Mad (A14 Suffolk)

J.M.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaaah. I've only ever once seen a scamera on the A38, and that's on the stretch leading to the crossroads with the McDonalds.

People don't speed too badly down there in my experience. Most tend to sit under 50 during the day, and it's a 40 limit.
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:11 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
Let's hope he froze his little "petit-pois" sized testicles off Rolling Eyes

Oi, he's out there for road safety and that. Tut Tut

NJD wrote:
tailgating arsewipe cager.

Awesome, finally there's a copper around when you need one. Must have been hilarious when he pulled over the tailgater.

Riiiiiiiiight?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Awesome, finally there's a copper around when you need one. Must have been hilarious when he pulled over the tailgater.

Riiiiiiiiight?

No, but then there's always the possibility that he was measuring the cars speed behind me rather than me, despite it looking like the latter. I've deleted the footage so cannot be sure.

All I can be sure of is that upon attempting to stick to the speed limit (30mph) I feel like a hazard because every car I encounter is up my arse and speeds off at the earliest chance, wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't always parked cars in lane 1 for a lengthy period of the road, not the type of road you can get away with riding on the white lines either (gap to small). Can never win.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:46 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what would have happened if you'd stopped in the road next to him, got off and said "Thank god you're here, that maniac has been tailgating me relentlessly. Book 'em, Danno." Thinking

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I wonder what would have happened if you'd stopped in the road next to him, got off and said "Thank god you're here, that maniac has been tailgating me relentlessly. Book 'em, Danno." Thinking

I suspect I'd be asking the cager behind me for funds to fix more than just a mudguard, still be my fault somehow. Laughing

orac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:56 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one not long back at night in the shade of a tree so three he was not lit by street lights, he had also taken off his Day-Glo jacket to become nearly invisible. He was surprised when I saw him so was intentionally hiding
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
orac wrote:
Saw one not long back at night in the shade of a tree so three he was not lit by street lights, he had also taken off his Day-Glo jacket to become nearly invisible. He was surprised when I saw him so was intentionally hiding

'You sure it wasn't one of those anti-social, busy-body neighbourhood watch types monitoring traffic in the hope they can get their own speed camera to make other peoples lifes a misery?

I've seen a few around here.

looks like a Traffic car behind him tbf
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2