Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My bike, dont be too harsh because its a four stroke!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

broomy12
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sachs XTC125 i've always wanted one but i didn't get one because it cost to much for my first bike. So i got a honda ns125r for £800 Thumbs Up

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 14:34 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Is it possible to de-restrict the Sachs! I am thinking of getting one now but wondering if it is de-restrictable???

It's a 4-stroke, so nope!

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 16:15 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bike is a million times better than cbr125
if only honda made it look a bit more like NSR
rather than a minimoto CBR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:00 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD wrote:
It's 15bhp at the crank, so i would guess 12-13 would be aobut right at the rear.

That must have got boring quick, i'm bored already with 34bhp at the crank on my 125cc 2 stroke.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:57 - 22 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD wrote:
but i have ridden a race set up Aprilia rs250 and i would still say its better, i think the ground clearance is a bit better than the rs very hard to get the pegs down with out crashing.

Did you ride this race set up rs on the road? Track set up bikes tend to be crap on the road because their suspenion only works well when you're pushing it on a shiny-smooth track.

Ground clearence doesn't come into much on either bike I suspect... You've got to be going pretty fast on a standard rs250 to be worried about getting your pegs down in the first place.

AD
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:10 - 23 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who owns it has about a mile of tarmac including his driveway that goes around the farm, all in good nick, he uses it for testing the set up and stuff before going on the track (Though if anyone with links to padleys, he only uses the driveway part Wink ). Not pushed it my self to far, not keen on crashing other peoples bikes.

The xtc to be far sounds really good for a 125, especially as you get above 8000rpm.

I had it fro a year and can't say i ever got bored of it. Got annoyed sometimes when overtaking because you couldn't just zip past like a bigger bike, but the other than that its excellent, unless you really have to go above 80mph everywhere.

It's now up for sale in lincoln, dealers have put it up at 3499 for because of its being immaculate, i thought it would be high but someones already interested in it. Looking good for me to get my SV on the road in the next week or two.

AD
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:13 - 23 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it possible to de-restrict the Sachs! I am thinking of getting one now but wondering if it is de-restrictable??? Also how does it sound for a 125???

Sachs do a kit for it that brings it up to 33bhp, it costs the same as the kit to derestricted a cagiva mito. You need prove of a full licence though.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 12:26 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that bringing it up to 33bhp may be a little optimistic.

Probably nearer 24 - 28bhp.

AD
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:10 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but you know what i mean, to a relatively respectable power.

I'm In XTC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:21 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Sachs modification kit (up to ?bhp lol) Reply with quote

Hi guys

I read with interest the discussion above and would like to ask AD if he could let me know where he got that information from about the Sachs kit as I have found nothing about it.

All I have found to date is a 150cc piston and rings set up for the suzuki engine but I saw nothing about this on the Sachs web site.

Would appreciate your help as I will be taking my test in August and would like to keep my Sachs as long as possible because I love riding it so much, handles brilliantly Very Happy

Chris

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:53 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sachs do a kit for it that brings it up to 33bhp, it costs the same as the kit to derestricted a cagiva mito. You need prove of a full licence though.

What is it? A bore kit? What CC does it take it up to?

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 246 days between these two posts...

pocket_Rocket
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:42 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: 33bhp kit Reply with quote

Where can you get this kit as i will be getting my xtc125 soon! What speed wil it do with the kit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:34 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats real nice that!! Thumbs Up Cool

a hell of a lot nicer than the honda cbr125!

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Ground clearence doesn't come into much on either bike I suspect... You've got to be going pretty fast on a standard rs250 to be worried about getting your pegs down in the first place.

Peg down on an RS250?! Shocked
Is that even possible without slicks? Laughing

He is confusing his 4 stroke 125 with the earlier 2 stroke XTC's. the 4 stroke can be tuned and messed about with to give about 1bhp more. The 2 stroke version is only 14bhp as it is restricted to that. When derestricted it makes up to 30bhp at the crank. This would envole an aftermarket end can, removal of any blanking plates, washers and electronic restriction. Sometimes its a DIY job, others you have to spend money on.

wildcat
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:53 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks a lot better than the CBR125 which is a four stroke I believe.

Quote:
That bike is a million times better than cbr125

Quote:
a hell of a lot nicer than the honda cbr125!

Come on people, that's not fair 3 times in one topic. I love my cbr125. Ok so it looks small compared to the zx6r but if it hadn't been for the cbr I never would have made it this far.
IMO it is a good starting bike, if you want something faster, buy a bigger bike. The cbr is a great confidence builder cos it is a small bike.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcat wrote:
The cbr is a great confidence builder cos it is a small bike.

Thats the thing, it is way too small for the general population. Razz If it had the same dimensions as an RS125 for example, it would look fantastic.

The XTC is a really nice bike though. If I was to get one, I'd go for the 4T. Look better and probably perform better as standard as those DT lumps, from what I've heard, can be a nuisance to get to full power.

Nice bike AD. Cool

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:19 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peg down on an RS250?!
Is that even possible without slicks?

Dusty managed it on mine. Slightly squidgy suspension (so less ground clearance) and bt96 rear tyre.
I managed it with the stiffer suspension, but only when I nocked it into neutral at the bottom of the mountain at cadwell.

Quote:
IMO it is a good starting bike, if you want something faster, buy a bigger bike. The cbr is a great confidence builder cos it is a small bike.

It is also very expensive for a low powered 125.

wildcat
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:03 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It is also very expensive for a low powered 125.[/quote]

Tey won't be expensive this year when there will be load of used ones about.
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:56 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcat wrote:

Tey won't be expensive this year when there will be load of used ones about.

When the price drops to say around £800 or so I'd be quite happy to reccomend them to people that want the 'peace of mind' (real or imagined) that a lower power bike gives them as far as reliability goes.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD wrote:
unless you really have to go above 80mph everywhere.

Isn't that one of the main reasons we ride bikes? for the speed?

I don't ride because I like arriving sweaty at work or enjoy chewing flies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:32 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too bothered with an 80mph top speed.

However if that top speed was at the redline it would get a bit annoying. If it took as long as a four stroke 125 does to get to that speed it would get very annoying.

AD
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:13 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

The kit is a 200cc bore kit to around 30 bhp for the 4 STROKE VERSION, available through official dealers (Try Three cross motorcycles) but not through sachs themselves, its a seperate german company that produces them. I did have the information and a website for it but i cant find it at the moment as i sold the bike almost a year ago.

From what i have been told it contains the new engine parts, piston, carb etc, and a new end can.

pocket_Rocket
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:12 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2