Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

People cant see me

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: People cant see me Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
CaNsA wrote:

I take it you mean the other right...

I don't know what you mean..... Whistle

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: People cant see me Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

I don't know what you mean..... Whistle

O'RLY? Wink

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/general/otherright-smc.png

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell by the pixels.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
I know I should of been closer to the line but it seems like people are dismissing what the driver did wrong...

Do you accept that if you'd been on the white line, this non-event would have been much less likely to have happened?

MC900 wrote:
Why would I want to remove the video, I don't mind seeing peoples opinions. I usually expect drama or people giving me shit when I post on any forum, that's just what people do on the Internet.

I can certainly see why you would be used to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:05 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
MC900 wrote:
I know I should of been closer to the line but it seems like people are dismissing what the driver did wrong...

Do you accept that if you'd been on the white line, this non-event would have been much less likely to have happened?

MC900 wrote:
Why would I want to remove the video, I don't mind seeing peoples opinions. I usually expect drama or people giving me shit when I post on any forum, that's just what people do on the Internet.

I can certainly see why you would be used to it.

Possibly but maybe not since the fuckin idiot didn't see me even when almost hitting me when changing lane.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 09 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up n00b

You were incorrectly placed from the start.

You assume that "being in the right" is better than "not dead".

I ride that road daily, I know at that junction you should be checking your right side for cars trying to get in front of you.

For someone who claims to have a full license, I doubt you'll do many more miles before you anhero into a a lorry.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:41 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
Just so everyone knows I am not a l plate. I have a full bike license just not got the bike to go with it yet Sad.

Have they removed the bit from module 1 where you pull up to a controlled stop at the line between cones? or on that day did you luckily "land" where you're supposed to be? Razz

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:25 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
MC900 wrote:
Well I know I was not in the wrong whatever anyone else says. If he had of hit me he would of been 100% to blame. He didn't indicate or look to his right or he would of seen me.

Reducing speed would of been silly as I was ahead of him and he already didn't know anyone else existed on the road. Me not being right on the stop line does not give anyone the right to do what he did.

You're right, everyone else is wrong, I get it now.

We'll get it engraved on you're tombstone "Technically I was correct, the best kind of correct".

I'm not sure OP would agree with your use of 'of' Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Overly-dramatised non-event. You would have been better off not making a big show of head-waggling and paying more attention to the OTHER vehicle which was subject to get-over arrows.

Make your intentions clear. Don't hang back in driver's blind spots. Stake your place on the road and don't leave other drivers guessing about what you are going to do.

Oh and stop whining.

^

Nothing happened, stop being an over dramatised, ''boo hoo everyones trying to kill me'' faggot. This is the sort of thing cyclists moan about.

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.

Pepi1967
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:22 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the driver is in the wrong because he did not see you because you was in his blind spot? And your taking no responsibility for your terrible road craft? I'm lost.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOUD NOISES

On a sidenote, the usage of you're / your and have / of in this thread is appalling.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvel wrote:

Nothing happened, stop being an over dramatised, ''boo hoo everyones trying to kill me'' faggot. This is the sort of thing cyclists moan about.

Exactly what i thought...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I know that people on here can sometimes not put things in the best way but there's actually some good advice buried in the posts on here.

You need to not leave yourself in a position for this to happen next time. You were in the blind spot of the person on the right hand side too. I would never have left myself in that position when all you had to do was move up to the line, and both cars either side of you would have known you were there.

There isn't really much else to it.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
Look, I know that people on here can sometimes not put things in the best way but there's actually some good advice buried in the posts on here.

And it looks like it will stay buried. Rolling Eyes

Nomad Z
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 03:20 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: People cant see me Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
No major reason it's just where I landed :p

You actually have a full licence and ride like that, with that attitude? I didn't even do that on the fucking CBT at my first junction 50 yards from the training centre, and I've never done it in the year since. Your road position is your responsibility. Being a spacker about where you 'land' is stupid and dangerous.

You 'landed' in the wrong place. You should have put the front wheel at the white line to ensure you were well into the peripheral vision of the car driver. The subject line of this thread should have been "I hid myself".

Who gives a fuck if the car driver was in the wrong? You gave him an increased chance to fuck up thanks to your own fuck-up of hiding in his blind spot rather than making yourself more conspicuous. Instead, you were riding like a sloppy two-bit asshole who couldn't be fucked getting up to the white line, precipitated a dangerous situation, and then came on here and whined like some entitled fanny.

Cars bend, bones break. Wise the fuck up.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:55 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope I see you on the road.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to slag you off like others have, but it is very strange why you didn't pull up to the line. Getting as close to the line (and even crossing it slightly) to me is just an automatic thing on a bike as you are always trying to make progress (the whole point of owning a bike for commuting).

As someone else said too, I'm surprised you didn't pull away quicker too being on a bike, but maybe it's because it's a 125.

Either way you have to expect numpties like that every day - basically treat every car driver like they are blind idiots and likely to do anything and ride with that in mind. You'll find these things don't happen then.

If you have a slow bike then never ride for more than a second or two in someone's blind spot...either accelerate ahead or hold back.

It's all a learning game, you just have to make sure you don't learn the hard way.

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:53 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
I really hope I see you on the road.

Why do you miss me already? Awww.

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:02 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I could of been closer to the line but really it's a red light I'm not going anywhere. The car was not on the line either and that does not give people the right to change lanes without looking and without indicating. I didn't expect such a poor attitude from people on here even if I did do something wrong, ah well it's in the past now.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
I know I could of been closer to the line but really it's a red light I'm not going anywhere. The car was not on the line either and that does not give people the right to change lanes without looking and without indicating. I didn't expect such a poor attitude from people on here even if I did do something wrong, ah well it's in the past now.

You really are hard work.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
MC900 wrote:

You really are hard work.

There's really only two responses to further this topic " Pass the popcorn " to await the OP's responses to any further attempt to teach him how best to avoid a similar or the same thing again in the future or " Sleeping " because any attempt to continue to advise OP in the aforementioned way is pointless because OP is not getting it.

The only thing that's going to knock the point that everyone has tried to teach in as plain as english as possible thus far is for OP to get involved in a collision because if as OP says this is happening time and time again eventually a collision will occur.

It's interesting OP mentions attitude because well OP's attitude is generally one that I'd expect from a rider of whom has only done a CBT and is riding on their own leaning for the first time on L plates. For someone who's got a full license and then responds with "that's where I landed :p" it just something I cannot comprehend.

Pointless topic is pointless. I await a spill counter update.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
There's really only two responses to further this topic

Narps, you forgot the 3rd response... me going all Road Rash on him

DieselASFC
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:21 - 11 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:
As someone else said too, I'm surprised you didn't pull away quicker too being on a bike, but maybe it's because it's a 125.

I'm riding the same bike. I have no problem accelerating faster than average cars from standstill on it.
Fidge This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:18 - 20 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are gonna upload a video whenever something as common and trivial as that happens... YouTube are gonna need bigger servers!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3