Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1975 MZ ES 150/1 in Kent - on ebay - delivery poss

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:46 - 14 Apr 2016    Post subject: 1975 MZ ES 150/1 in Kent [FOR SALE] - on ebay - delivery poss Reply with quote

(This is re*-advertised for a friend who's got it listed on ebay - you're best to contact him through ebay, but feel free to message me an offer on here

*Bought by an aging gentleman that decided he was too old for bikes after winning the auction).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MZ-ES-150-1-/172165747406

MZ ES 150/1

This MZ has been in my family since 1978. I bought it from a guy I worked with, used it to commute to work for a few years and then sold it to my father. I then bought it back from him in 1981. I used it from time to time until 1988 and then it sat in my mother’s garage for 21 years until 2009. I had it MOT'd in 2009 and used it for very occasional Sunday rides until 2012 and it hasn't been used since. The last four MOT's are 04/04/09 18,399 miles, 13/03/10 18,727 miles, 11/06/11 18,943 miles and 09/06/12 19,241 miles. It’s a brilliant commuter bike, very comfortable, totally reliable and a real head turner. I rode it to work for years and it never let me down. £65mph top speed and 85 mpg!

It is in very good, honest condition for its year. There is some surface rust for instance on the mud guards, spokes etc. The genuine 1970's Rickman top box is showing signs of its age. It is currently on a SORN but I am 100% confident that if it has a new battery fitted it will pass an MOT with absolutely no problems.

In the last 800 miles it has had a total engine rebuild including a new crankshaft, piston and piston rings. I have also fitted a new voltage regulator, front & rear tyres, flasher lenses, cam felt, condenser, spark plug, exhaust gasket, exhaust down pipe, exhaust silencer, handle bar grips, cush drive rubber, tool lid lock and ignition points. I have the original MZ owner’s manual, ignition key, 2x tool box lid keys and the top box key. A Haynes workshop manual, the V5 and lots of bills. I wanted to restore it but I just don't have the time.

Last Saturday I borrowed a battery from a friend and fitted it to the MZ. I turned the fuel on, gave it three kicks with full choke and the ignition turned off. I then turned the ignition on and it started on the first kick! Pretty amazing considering it hasn't run since 2012.

Note: I have had to relist the bike due to the auction being won by a 69-year-old gentlemen who bought it and then before he had even seen the bike decided that he was too old to ride motorcycles anymore. I can prove this to the winning bidder if necessary.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTYzWDEwMDA=/z/HFoAAOSw5L9XDU1A/$_57.JPG

I ALSO HAVE FOR SALE BY SEPARATE NEGOTIATION AND NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE OF THE BIKE.

- Used petrol tank, excellent condition except for a small dent in the top near the fuel filler, easily filled. No rust.

- Original MZ workshop manual

- Petrol tank knee pads (rubbers).

- New Headlight shell/cowl.

- New headlight rim/trim black.

- New aftermarket rear shock absorbers.

- New side stand.

- New Aftermarket handlebar mirrors with extenders.

- New clutch Cables x2.

- New speedo cable.

- New ignition stator/Field coil.

- New ignition armature.

- Used ignition stator x2.

- New Ignition switch with key.

- New pair of indicators with lenses.

- New seat cover.

- 3x New chain gaiters.

- New sprocket cover.

If you need more pictures or need any questions answered the please ask, good luck!

CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY - TO BE COLLECTED WITHIN SEVEN DAYS OF LISTING ENDING. THERE IS A POSSIBILTY THAT I CAN HAVE IT DELIVERED FOR A REASONABLE COST, PLEASE ASK PRIOR TO BIDDING.

The bike is advertised elsewhere so I reserve the right to end the listing early.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1