Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Katy / Kickstart and me

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed the change of name a while back and didn't think anything of it.

Fair play on having the bottle to tell us horrible lot. If that's what makes you happy then go for it. Thumbs Up

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not long come back from a few months break from here, noticed the change of sig, but assumed I'd missed something (although given what some other members had hinted at, guessed what might be going on).

Congrats on those first steps in becoming you Thumbs Up I hope this thread (despite probably not being very easy to start) has given you some measure of the respect you're held in on here regardless of which body parts may or may not be flapping around Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 13:00 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:

Congrats on those first steps in becoming you Thumbs Up I hope this thread (despite probably not being very easy to start) has given you some measure of the respect you're held in on here regardless of which body parts may or may not be flapping around Very Happy

And besides, you could always help out with a toilet seat for that.

On subject, fair play to you Katy - I don't think the respect you have earned as part of this community changes for the vast majority of people on here because of any personal decisions you make about how you wish to lead your life - personally I believe it to be an incredibly brave decision and like everybody else wish you every luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
swampy wrote:

And besides, you could always help out with a toilet seat for that.

You knows it brother Razz

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm often confused by things BCF and just as often in the 'not sure if serious' mode,
I had to read every feckin post and me lips aint half tired.
I avoided Ste links (learnt that long ago) and it seems legit
So good luck to you.

I know little about the err 'mechanics' of it all but it sounds pretty radical
This snippet of a documentary I saw on the telly helped though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRA8GYzU8E

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst we don't know each other from Adam or Eve, much respect for taking control of what must be the biggest decision of your life and making it your own!!!

Last edited by Diggs on 18:13 - 02 May 2016; edited 1 time in total

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 18:02 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:
As for Hellkats comments, phantom phallus isn't really an issue, phantom bollock pain however for the first few weeks... Evil or Very Mad
We need a 'horrifyingly informative' rating.

Meatybeaty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katy , what your doing at present is a very brave thing , my nephew , who I always treated like my son went thro the same thing , he grew up got married had 3 kids , and had to admit to his wife that he was terribly unhappy , she realised that there was something causing him to be unhappy, they loved each other , and decided no matter what happens they would stay together, the kids love their parents and agreed with everything that was going to happen , the outcome being that Ive got another niece that I love like my daughter Karma

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:35 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and thought "Whatever". Pleased you can be you, although saddened by a world that makes that difficult through lack of understanding. As a person of whatever gender you have helped me and countless others. You are a nice person. That's what matters.

I would be interested to learn of Mrs Kickstart's reaction, and how you see yourselves going forward, because obviously, something like this is big, and affects more than just you, and your families reaction?

Please understand that I mean no offense by asking these questions, just hope to learn from your experience.

Cheers!
Stalk.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual I noticed feck all. It shocked me when I realised that actual real people live on the internet. You are all cyanide and happiness figures in my head

Mr Nice Guy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the thread; still think the strangest thing about you is that for one so intelligent (as far as modes of transport goes) you really rate Alfa Romeos Laughing

Good for you Thumbs Up all the happiness.

Mrs K; class Karma

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

only question I have now is

do you have to make your own samiches Laughing

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this.

Karma Karma to you.

It matters not one jot what others think. What matters is that you are happy and comfortable in yourself. It's been written a lot but, you only have one go. Enjoy life while it's here.

Thumbs Up

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

your advice has been legendary and for that you will always have a welcome seat at my table!

May the blessing of Elves, Dwarfs, Istari, Valar, Maiar, House Arryn, House Bolton, House Frey, House Greyjoy, House Lannister, House Martell, House Tyrell, House Stark, House Targaryen, House Tully, House Durrandon, House Gardener, House Hoare, House Addawoo be with you KATY!

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
As I'm often confused by things BCF and just as often in the 'not sure if serious' mode,
I had to read every feckin post and me lips aint half tired.
I avoided Ste links (learnt that long ago) and it seems legit
So good luck to you.

I know little about the err 'mechanics' of it all but it sounds pretty radical
This snippet of a documentary I saw on the telly helped though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRA8GYzU8E

Weird that. I always assumed they just shoved their hand up your arse, grabbed your knob from the wrong side and pulled it back inside-out. Somewhat like taking a jacket off in a hurry. Wink

Big up to you, Katy. Thumbs Up
I hope the journey is as painless as possible from here on in.

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:31 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalk wrote:

I would be interested to learn of Mrs Kickstart's reaction, and how you see yourselves going forward, because obviously, something like this is big, and affects more than just you, and your families reaction?

I am still Mrs kickstart

While I understand the desire to ask there is a time and a place for some personal information and bcf/ public forums are not it.

If your (or anyone else's ) motive was more than interest. I happy to provide signposting to support resources for partners and family of trans* people. (Or to be fair between us we probably have most trans* stuff covered)

No offence taken
Regards
C

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Kickstart wrote:

I am still Mrs kickstart

While I understand the desire to ask there is a time and a place for some personal information and bcf/ public forums are not it.

If your (or anyone else's ) motive was more than interest. I happy to provide signposting to support resources for partners and family of trans* people. (Or to be fair between us we probably have most trans* stuff covered)

No offence taken
Regards
C

I do hope that you have also been given support as I'm sure it will be a strain on any relationship. Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Katy, Tamsin and any other trans types who are lurking...

I figure you guys may be worth asking seeing as you've done the whole 'gender struggle' thing.

What are your thoughts on people who claim to have no gender at all and want to be considered 'non-binary', renounce their gender-specific pronoun and ask to be called 'they' instead of he/she..?

Am I wrong to think it's totally absurd? Everyone has a gender, even if their brain happened to be plonked in the wrong body, surely. As if it's possible, or even that important, to be a sack of meat with every function running smoothly other than the part that gives gender-specific feelings? I don't get it. Is it that these people are totally non-sexual, or do they get as randy as any other human being but just don't conform to the gender stereotypes society presents them with? Or are they only turned on by very specific types of people, which leads them to think they aren't a 'normal' man/woman (I think the term for that is demisexual but I think it's perfectly normal to only be turned on by specific things). With this desire to be 'non-binary' do they see all genital organs as annoying extra bits that they don't want? Overall I entirely don't understand how a person can renounce the concept of gender altogether.

Also. Here's a great song which may or may not be specific to this thread somehow - Placebo - Nancy Boy

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

What are your thoughts on people who claim to have no gender at all and want to be considered 'non-binary', renounce their gender-specific pronoun and ask to be called 'they' instead of he/she..?

Am I wrong to think it's totally absurd? Everyone has a gender, even if their brain happened to be plonked in the wrong body, surely. As if it's possible, or even that important, to be a sack of meat with every function running smoothly other than the part that gives gender-specific feelings? I don't get it. Is it that these people are totally non-sexual, or do they get as randy as any other human being but just don't conform to the gender stereotypes society presents them with? Or are they only turned on by very specific types of people, which leads them to think they aren't a 'normal' man/woman (I think the term for that is demisexual but I think it's perfectly normal to only be turned on by specific things). With this desire to be 'non-binary' do they see all genital organs as annoying extra bits that they don't want? Overall I entirely don't understand how a person can renounce the concept of gender altogether

TERFs assert that when they have done away with gender roles entirely, there will be no more trans people.

But them I'm a Transwoman and I ride motorbikes, I also do a few other things that aren't part of a femine gender role.

I know a couple of Enbies, and I don't pretend to get it myself. However when we talk they have a very similar experience with sex a d gender experience.

Enbies include people who are feel they are both genders, move between genders and those who Agender.

I have it on good faith that various societies have had more than two genders. At some point I'd really like to look into it, but far too much going on. Smile

As I say I don't understand Enbies, but I know that their experience is as real as my own.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

Enbies include people who are feel they are both genders, move between genders and those who Agender.

Thanks for the response.

I don't understand how a person can mentally 'change' from one gender to another.

As far as gender fluidity goes, I honestly think it's a case of people trying too hard to reject what they've been led to believe is a super strict gender code in society. As if every man must be a testosterone-enraged ultra-violent sex machine and every woman is expected to be a pretty pink innocent flower. Society is already very 'fluid' in terms of gender norms and most people aren't up in arms trying to declare whole new labels for each person who doesn't quite conform to each other person. I think I'm just not a fan of excessive labels.

Very much off topic now though so I'll leave it at that.

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall ever "mentally changing" my gender I was running round in dresses at every opportunity when I was small. I vividly remember getting told off by my parents for it when I was 6/7 and being told that it wasn't right.

I managed to keep a lid on things through my teens, but always felt happier hanging out with the girls, but trying to fit in with the boys. Suffice to say I did not have a pleasant experience at school... University gave me the freedom to explore everything again and boy did I, but the fear of rejection put me back in the closet for years...

I had a breakdown in 2009 and realised that I couldn't carry on the way I was and started the process to get myself sorted out

Last edited by Tamsin on 23:37 - 03 May 2016; edited 1 time in total

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I can't say I understand exactly how non binaries feel, but then I struggle enough to understand how I feel (I have quite a split between logical and emotional thought - and logically I really can't understand myself hence have tended to stamp down on the emotional side).

Gender and sex are 2 different things, which are related in the majority of people (but not all). But the level to which they are related varies greatly. Similarly how people feel about their gender will vary (and probably also vary with time / age / experience / etc).

There doesn't seem to be much knowledge about what causes these gender issues, and while there are some theories I am not certain how much real research has been done and how much is just pseudo science. For example one theory is that physical and mental genders are determined by exposure to hormones at different times during pregnancy (which might explain intersex people - who have some / all sexual organs that they genetically would not be expected to have), but if so then any other mix of hormones during that time could be expected to have other effects.

Or to put it another way, take 2 normal people with no gender issues. They could still have massively different level of sex drive or sexuality. People vary a lot.

Tamsin wrote:
I don't recall ever "mentally changing" my gender I was running round in dresses at every opportunity when I was small. I vividly remember getting told off by my parents for it when I was 6/7 and being told that it wasn't right.

As an example of how people differ, this isn't how I felt. Until quite late (getting on for 10) I had no 'care' about peoples gender. It wasn't something I noticed really. Yes I was aware of male / female, just it was of little importance to me.

All the best

Katy

Last edited by Kickstart on 23:44 - 03 May 2016; edited 1 time in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

Or to put it another way, take 2 normal people with no gender issues. They could still have massively different level of sex drive or sexuality. People vary a lot.

This is what stands out most to me. The variety in 'normal' people is pretty huge already, so apart from the really obvious stuff e.g. homo/transsexual it seems a bit odd to go slapping labels on for every shade in between.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:46 - 03 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

This is what stands out most to me. The variety in 'normal' people is pretty huge already, so apart from the really obvious stuff e.g. homo/transsexual it seems a bit odd to go slapping labels on for every shade in between.

Maybe, and tbh I am not keen on labels anyway. At some point the difference is too small to justify a different label, but that point will vary between different people and how they are treated.

All the best

Katy

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:02 - 04 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent yesterday with 7822 “Foxcote Manor” and my gay daughter teaching her how a steam locomotive works, I enjoyed passing on the knowledge and she said it helps her feel more secure with her sexuality.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8