Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Division Thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 20:38 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

Looks like some good shit, guess that's my tuesday totally washed out then Very Happy

Why, what else was you doing you bum Laughing

I might re-visit TD in a couple months, just got bored of it all, even with the new updates.

I saw the "cut the rope" update... looool, feed the trolls

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dabble this afternoon.

The new PVE mission mechanics are pretty cool, I've not had a bash at the new Incursion.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 21:02 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been tanning TD again over the last week, got my DZ rank up and my gear score up a bit but struggling to find any higher powered weapons than my base 68k DPS Smg.

https://i.imgur.com/OAKvvPP.jpg

Where's the best place to get better weapons? Primary DPS is only up at about 110k DPS or so, seen people running with 200k DPS Vector ACP 45 something or others.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

DZ, dailies and weeklies (HVT and HRT) are best for weapons. Might have to team up for @ least 2 of the weekly missions. Those timers can be sucky.
Also a good idea to run with a weapon of a different type (or 2) as spares. Bullet spongey AI soak up bullets and can deplete your ammo totally. Had to run around trying to kill a hard bastard with a pistol, all I had left! kept healing his armour, quicker than I could take it down!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not played it for weeks now.

Hows it going?

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:28 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The daily hvt's get very frustrating quite quickly unless you really want lonestar, or are a little lower geared. Good for 182 weapons, not so good when you want 204s.

There are a few changes incoming. DLC drops for Xbox and PC in a couple of weeks. New gear sets there and a another free one for peeps that haven't bought the dlc.
Weapon balancing supposedly giving lmgs and assault rifles more love. Removing critical chance from smgs, changing it to crit damage instead.

Still like the game, still play it daily. Smile

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 11:17 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright actually, still a bit repetitive so I'm un-sure how long it's going to keep holding my attention but enjoying moving about looking for gear again for now.

I didn't even know there was DLC content and I can't see it anywhere?

https://i.imgur.com/rUy4mJt.jpg

That's all I see? Don't give a shit about outfits or do I have to buy a season pass to get the underground dlc?

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATM it's just the season pass for the DLC.
Haven't seen it advertised anywhere individually yet, but DLC's usually can be bought separately, can't they?.

Season pass is £21.99 on CDKeys.
Or £22.49 from Ubi themselves. Can 'buy' a 20% discount with UPLAY credit things.
Do they allow the discount on what they class as discounted already? No idea there.

There are 3 free cosmetic outfits coming as well.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 12:01 - 18 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, jumped back on, did a HVT mission with a friend and nailed it. Tried to do the russian consulate on challenging but it was too hard. Did some dark zone farming and boom, picked up a Scar L with a base score of 100k DPS, modded it up and it's sat at 183k DPS.

My skill power sucks bad though, can't seem to get that up very high.

https://i.imgur.com/fe7X6MG.jpg

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 12:45 - 18 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPUXyLO9Sfs

After watching that video, I understand more about what's going on. Honestly, this is by far the most confusing game I have ever played, there are SO many variables to keep track of, it's like a game of chess where you need to be thinking 10 moves ahead by tracking all the pieces of kit and bonuses that you aquire and deciding whether to keep it or sell it.

Up until now, I have just been looking at DPS and I have a few green gear pieces but I have sold LOADS of them because I didn't understand the system. Variable DPS, the gear scores, the levelling, etc.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:30 - 18 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Yesterday, jumped back on, did a HVT mission with a friend and nailed it. Tried to do the russian consulate on challenging but it was too hard. Did some dark zone farming and boom, picked up a Scar L with a base score of 100k DPS, modded it up and it's sat at 183k DPS.

My skill power sucks bad though, can't seem to get that up very high.

You can roll skillpower as a main attribute on your mask and backpack (and on mods, there are blueprints for mods in the special gear vendor in the base).

You need to increase your armour too, as a main attribute on your kneepads, chestpiece, and holster (based on the current Stamina you can get up to 193k toughness if you max armour, I would advise you to increase your stamina too though).

Gloves should be crit chance, crit damage and whatever else as main attribute (damage to elites, specific weapon damage, whatever).

Ignore the gearscore of gear, it's useless as a quality indicator (also, 191 gear is on par with 163, 214 with 182, and 240 with 204. They have higher score to take into account the gear set bonuses, of which you only have one active).

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:46 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was pretty funny last night, there was about 14 of us all playing together, going rouge and shit, levelled a good bit.

I seem to have gone backwards though after looking at the previous screenshot compared to this one Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/qZAFlsU.jpg

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:57 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

I seem to have gone backwards though after looking at the previous screenshot compared to this one Laughing

You have gone backwards, you've gone for high gearscore without considering other stats etc on the gear you have equipped.

I have 4 characters and will get some screenshots for you to have a look at, and you'll probably be astounded by the stats (they are all different builds with different purposes. I haven't played in a week or so, and they are all far from perfect).

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:25 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, these are my 4 just to give you some idea on what general playable builds look like. These are not particularly good, and need a lot of fine tuning that I can't be bothered with. Also, the 4 characters have other stuff to swap out for particular situations, so these are the default states of the characters for running around solo.

https://i.imgur.com/WQ3y8tr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WtM1NtR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6H5kbKR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/htYIRU7.jpg

If you need any help with your stuff I can give advice, but need to know what you want your character to do, and the state of the gear you currently have. It will likely involve you using a lot of those credits you've built up.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:08 - 23 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that first one would be cool. 180k DPS , 400K Toughness. I'd be happy with that mix.

I'm aware people have these different builds, I just want something with high health and a decent damage on the main DPS.

How do you even get your stamina up?

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the special gear vendor upstairs?

There's a table to the left of him, for recalibrating gear, costing regular credits (you have probably 2 million credits more than I have ever had at any one time).

You can recalibrate one thing per gear piece (nothing on weapons), so obviously the main thing to sort first is your main stats, then if they are good, the major attributes.

I would reroll the Electronics stat on your mask to Stamina.

I would then buy a blueprint at the vendor upstairs for the Stamina gear mod (level 31 when you look at it in the vendor) and make 3 to fill your current mod slots (as an ideal, 2 Stamina + Armour mods and a Stamina + Skillpower mod, and be aware that you can buy a better blueprint when it is available in the DZ 4 vendor, but it is not available ATM). The mods are made on the crafting table downstairs, and if you make 5 and dont get S+A or S+SP in any of those 5, wait to try again the next day (you can use any you make for the time being). These mods combined with rerolling your mask to Stamina will more than double your toughness (with some skillpower lost, some of which will be recovered by the S+SP mod).

Your toughness is based on both your Armour and your Stamina. You can see your armour level in the "character" tab of the inventory (it's a percentage, maxes out at 75% mitigation which, when hit, quadruples your effective health).

The games gear system is way too complicated with too much random number generation behind it, and it can be hard getting an effective build working (or even realising what is happening when you equip different gear).

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:13 - 27 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried my hardest to get on with this game but it boils down to it being really repetitive, doing the same shit over and over and after a couple hours each night, I just find myself getting really bored.

The gear system is ridiculously complicated and PvP is pretty boring when there are people in groups with stupidly high end gear / builds that just dominate everyone in the session.

It needs a kick up the arse with some kind of new shit going on. GTA V is still an appealing game to play, even 2 years on. The city feels alive, the range of things you can do is crazy and the dynamics of a full server is brilliant.

Compare that to TD and sometimes you're lucky if you see anyone for 2 hours, then you get annoying high level rogues who have just the right requirement to stay in the low end brackets but should really be in the higher end.

I'm going to move away from it for a couple of weeks at least before it bores me to death again.

Even if I were to continue building gear and ranking, then what? I'd be doing the same thing I'm moaning about here, running around rogue and killing lower end players.

I think they fucked up the balance of the game with the stupid gear system. It's a mess.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:47 - 27 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, hence I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago.

There's a new update out tomorrow, and the level of gear (and guns) will increase again, thus more grinding will be required. That wouldn't be too bad if the content took a while to get boring, but it gets old pretty quick.

The PvP side of things is way out of whack with those who play literally all day taking the piss out of everyone else who hasn't got good gear, as they haven't devoted this particular part of their life to it.

You aren't alone in taking a break from it:
https://steamcharts.com/app/365590#All

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on then, how accurate? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpKKOzppQeE&list=PLAbMhAYRuCUhawCEV2oXZGrienoKTN16X&index=18

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:12 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly summed up, The Division is a bore fest of repetitive dribble. Shame because it's a beautiful looking game, just boring as shit.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have a high boredom threshold!
Smile

nearly 1000 hours in! ridiculous amount of time spent gaming really.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus lol, imagine if you put that effort into something productive Laughing

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:56 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a fair few hours in, but the game really is stagnant.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 12:40 - 03 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
I must have a high boredom threshold!
Smile

nearly 1000 hours in! ridiculous amount of time spent gaming really.

Holy fuck, 1000 hours!

I got 100 hours in over about 5 months and was bored after 50, what the fuck you been doing in there!

Post your gear setup!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:14 - 03 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing with me on Destiny though, I got bored of Division but Destiny, the grind-o-matic is seriously fun and I can't stay away from it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12