Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

little vintage find (Anyone have any information )

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Maxi04
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:04 - 26 May 2016    Post subject: little vintage find (Anyone have any information ) Reply with quote

Hi guys so i picked this little Suzuki FM50 Landie a couple of nights ago (24th)

guy i bought it from said it has been in storage years (last on road in 2003)

he didn't know what it was worth so i fired him a offer and he accepted it surprisingly

thing is it is like hens teeth to get parts as most of them are from Cyprus (Where bike was originally imported from by previous owner)

thing is i read online these were only ever sold in 3 countries (Greece,Cyprus and Turkey) could that be true?

anyways guy delivered it for me and i fired it in my shed until next day. went out took the carb off and cleaned it,drained old petrol out tank and put some fresh stuff in. also bypassed ignition barrel as i ended up losing the key for it which is my luck as gonna have to send out to cyprus for a new barrel as suzuki dealer cant get any parts for this.

however it fired straight up and runs fine with no noises Smile

2 stroke straight auto and H and L gearbox (switch thing on side of engine to turn between both)

i don't think its in pretty bad shape for the age (1984) it is on a Q plate with it being imported.

iv sent away for the V5 for it so i should have it back in a couple of weeks as was just sent off today.

pretty neat little moped though never seen one yet for sale (even outside the uk) so not sure what il be asking for it once iv finished tiding up the chrome and powdercoated the rusty front and rear panel.

seat needs a good clean too but not sure what will be best for it.

anyways here is pictures Smile tell me what you think and any other information on it would be great as i need it lol

https://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h348/motocrossguy17/13239993_10154317265898313_9157264165391081637_n_zps4qbf5zsq.jpg[/img]

https://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h348/motocrossguy17/13220819_10154317266038313_3264552607348835922_n_zpsrbgswdhs.jpg

https://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h348/motocrossguy17/13240060_10154317266083313_1935739914415633915_n_zpsdz92jcid.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 26 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about it, however, how cool is it to have a shopping basket on the front of your bike Smile Thumbs Up

Maxi04
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:55 - 26 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I know nothing about it, however, how cool is it to have a shopping basket on the front of your bike Smile Thumbs Up

lool its not on it anymore lol i had the same thing on my Honda Express nc50 lol

iv got a small oil leak from the cylinder head and exhaust but think its 2 stroke oil as its never been moved for 13 years so going see if gasket requires renewed or instant gasket if i cant get a gasket as cant find any parts a side from locks for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:37 - 26 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the plastics and seat a rub down with 303 aerospace protectant.

Maxi04
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:52 - 27 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Give the plastics and seat a rub down with 303 aerospace protectant.

Cheers buddy will do Smile

Maxi04
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:54 - 27 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like il be doing a rebuild on this if im able to get the parts. i believe the crank seals are on there way out as its still dripping oil.

if i can't get the bits im going to end up having to part it out

didn't spend much buying the bike so don't mind rebuilding the engine but just whether or not i can get the parts to do it..

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 27 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look at seeing if you can get hold of an FR80 stepthrough engine to fit or rebuild for it instead. It looks very much like an FR engine, and we got those here in the UK.

Besides an 80cc with more compression, a bit of Port hacking and a spannie would probably make that little bike a lively little beast and lots more fun too.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:55 - 30 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find you can get a set of seals for it from a bearing factor if all else fails.

Maxi04
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:30 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold the landie yesterday. just turned it out for a profit rather spending money on it when i wasn't planning to use it.

ended up buying my new projects last night (2 FZ50s) going to Northampton For Them Somepoint This Week with a Local Man And Van

also going to collect my CR125R 1984 model from a courier in Portsmouth save waiting 2 more weeks for them to deliver the thing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1