Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 01 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th and final round:-

An early start today!
I had to meet Poppy at the Ministry of Transport, this morning, for the bike to be inspected to check its road worthiness, if it passed I would be issued with a Cypriot log book and a new registration!

I turned up with the bike, expecting something akin to an MOT, (despite there being no MOT for bikes in Cyprus), what actually happened was a bloke came out of an office, checked the frame number and wrote down the tyre sizes, which took all of 30 seconds, very bizarre.

Once that was done I was told to go home, on the bike, then return to Poppy's office later on to collect the number plate and log book. I still had no idea what the annual road tax was going to be.
We turned up at Poppy's office later on in the afternoon, she had the new log book and new number plate waiting for us, RE-FUCKIN'-SULT!
Turns out the annual road tax comes out at €120!
Due to the system in place here, you can only buy your annual road tax on the 1st Jan and the 1st July ao I could only get 6 months tax today!

Well here it is, my new log book and registration, all done and dusted:-

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h105/DameCeliamolestrangler/image_zpssyr93wyn.jpeg

So that's it, all fully legal, registered, insured and taxed, on the road in Cyprus.

What's it cost?

Shipping, crating and maritime insurance = £921
Import duty and wharfage fees = €145.33
Registration, Road tax & number plate = €240
Insurance = €253

Total cost of importing and getting the bike on the road = £1457.20
It's actually a little bit less, because we bought the euros at a much better rate than the current rate!

Was it worth it?
Too fcukin' right it was! Mr. Green

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 01 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! You may well have the fastest vehicle on the island now. Laughing

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 02 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnspeedySam wrote:
Congratulations! You may well have the fastest vehicle on the island now. Laughing

Thank you, it's taken a while to get it all sorted, but we got there in the end.

As for having the fastest bike, no chance.
There is, practically, any bike you care to think of here, haven't seen an RCV yet but I bet there's one here.

There are plenty of turbo'd Hayabusas with stretched swinging arms etc. There's an unofficial group called the 7 O'clock club, they meet up in Limassol at 7 O'clock on a Sunday morning, on various tricked out superbikes, then thrash their way up to the top of the Troodos mountains, passing our house on the way.
That's probably them in the video I linked to, earlier in this thread.

We're going to a classic car show tomorrow, hopefully we can get some photos if any bikes turn up!

I've got one final job to do, swap my old number plate for the new one.
Suitable photos to follow!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3