Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Those Two Idiots' Free this weekend on Amazon 16th-17th

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  
JGrey This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaaaaaam?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, pushing a book..

charlie74
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:43 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep I class as spam.. can write a book.. but not a bio

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:48 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibly poor spam as the link doesn't work. Laughing
JGrey This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:56 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

"£2.10 to buy"

JGrey
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:59 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free this weekend, all weekend (American time).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Grey

Your books and your life looks interesting.
But (tragically for you, having made this fatal mistake) the general BCF massive does not like spammers.

So you may well find yourself soon departed and locked out of BCF in an unfortunate vox populi sort of way.

But I just wanted you to know (before you go) that I, at least, like the look of them, and I wish my fellow denizens of BCF would give you half a chance to survive.

But I know BCF well, and this is unlikely.
See you in my Kindle.

luv and hugs, hellkat

JGrey
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:01 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't really see how this is spam. When I built my bike, various forum members helped me. When I did my visas, again, I got help from forums. During the trip, we were in touch with dozens of people. I'm not asking for your money, I just wrote a book and I'm offering it back for free. I'm not asking for people to buy it, just offering it to people who are interested in seeing what can be done with a dream and absolutely zero common sense.

I use a lot of forums now. I ended up in Cambodia where good conversations are harder to find than an ex-pat without herpes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know, but the smurfs who think they run BCF think that if you suddenly appear and start promoting ANYTHING to do with your life, no matter HOW interesting it might be, that you have only come here to spam your product, but unfortunatley BCF has suffered a fair few people who just show up, sign up and start promoting their own goods/services/surveys without actually interacting with the community in general.

It does not matter that the internet is a place where ordinary people might assume others with the same interests would be interested in your wares; at BCF it's considered spam if you behave that way, and its monitored by a unique karma-designating protocol (which to be fair, usually does weed out many many idiots that we have previously suffered, not just spammers but a great deal of trolls).

Hence, forum members therefore justify their behaviour in negging your karma until you end up with five red blobs or one black one, and find yourself no longer able to log on and post, no matter how interesting your potential input to the forum in the future.

Yes its shit.
It's typical BCF shit.

Frustratingly, BCF is a surprisingly community-spirited place if you can survive karma bombing when you arrive and "spam" according to "community-developed"* BCF guidelines, but regardless of good intentions, many people like yourself have not.

Nothing else I can do about it but warn you, I'm afraid.
I wish for nothing but the best for you.

Nice knowing you Smile

*translated as: a few trolls and fascists who spend more time here when their mothers would prefer them to play outdoors

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

He brought it on himself Hellkat.

There's no point in posting a spammy link, twice and then complaining that it's rated as spam because in the 3rd message you say it's going to be free and "I'm just givin' back bro'" - If he'd done it in his first message he may have been treated differently. He didn't, he just linked to his amazon book.

JGrey
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 03:20 - 16 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat, you seem cool but I definitely do see your point. The travel forums are worse, you're instantly attacked by dozens of people who don't get invited to parties.
So, they have karma points here? That's probably a bad thing. Asking people what they think never works, it's how Obama, Bush and a host of other psychopaths ended up as president and who England is now sinking very fast.
Anyway, the book is free for anyone who wants it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:38 - 16 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still £2.10 Laughing

JGrey
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 04:53 - 16 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still not midnight in America. PST, not GMT. It's a stupid rule but that's Amazon for you.

JGrey
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:09 - 16 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now free for the next 48 hours!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really gratifying to see you on two green blobs instead of four red.
Cool Thumbs Up

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 'bought' it for free and it's now on my kindle. No hate from me. Smile

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:26 - 27 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

im reading it now and so far found it quite entertaining. seeing as its bike related, writted by an enthusiast, and available to read online without purchase, i wouldnt call it spam. its no different in fact to a lot of the articles in show & tell, just in different format. Gets a thumbs up from me Thumbs Up

sean Very Happy

adriansk
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, I missed the free window Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1