Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another injunction that could affect bikers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

KoalaBiker
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:21 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Another injunction that could affect bikers Reply with quote

Previous thread about a similar issue in Harlow - https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=312820

My friend in Solihull alerted me to this issue and I thought that I'd share it here too. He's also written to the local MP to help him raise the issue with the council.

Injunction: https://www.solihull.gov.uk/Portals/0/Users/045/45/45/Car%20cruiser%20injunction.pdf

Map: https://www.solihull.gov.uk/Portals/0/Users/045/45/45/injunctionmap.pdf

Press release: https://www.solihull.gov.uk/news/ArtMID/820/ArticleID/1361/Solihull-gets-banning-order-against-car-cruisers

Last edited by KoalaBiker on 22:04 - 21 Aug 2016; edited 6 times in total

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Re: Riding with another vehicle possibly soon banned in Soli Reply with quote

[quote="KoalaBiker"

This can easily be interpreted as saying that "driving motorcycles is in contempt of court".[/quote]
no it cant.
what it says is that if you are in a group of people behaving like twats or watching a group of people behaving like twats you could potentially be in breach of this court order and dragged before the court.
big difference.
dont hang round with knobs and you will be fine.

KoalaBiker
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:14 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Re: Riding with another vehicle possibly soon banned in Soli Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:

no it cant.
what it says is that if you are in a group of people behaving like twats or watching a group of people behaving like twats you could potentially be in breach of this court order and dragged before the court.
big difference.
dont hang round with knobs and you will be fine.

Yeah, valid point - and obviously that's the intention of the injunction (regardless of how they've actually implemented it).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:27 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see someone being done for causing excessive noise by urinating in public.

Meanwhile:

News from the Motorcycle Acton Group wrote:

MAG makes progress on Harlow injunction

This version: 2016 08 19 Embargo: Immediate

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG), the UK’s leading voice for riders’ rights, met with representatives of Harlow Council on 16th August in a continuing effort to resolve issues over an injunction introduced by the Council to stop anti-social behaviour. The injunction included wide ranging powers which MAG regarded as disproportionate and discriminatory against riders.

Lembit Öpik, MAG’s Director of Communications & Public Affairs, attended the meeting, which he described as intense but productive. ‘Both sides were very direct in laying out our positions, and initially it looked like there may be an unbridgeable rift. However, everyone kept their cool and we eventually identified a pathway which could actually work better in the long term interests of the local community, and avoid the elements which caused alarm and discontent in the motorcycling community. I particularly liked the suggestion of a twin track approach – whereby we work with the Council on biker awareness and safety while updating the injunction to take this work into account.’

Lembit believes that Harlow Council is genuinely motivated to seek this creative solution. ‘I relate to their desire to prevent anti-social behaviour. Some hooligans were on bikes and it’s not MAG”s job to defend the indefensible. “Our role is to work intelligently to ensure the Council's commitment to law and order is carried out without compromising riders’ rights. We CAN achieve that.’

Harlow Council’s Head of Governance, Brian Keane, said, ‘we are in no way prejudiced against motorcycles. If we can find a way to work this through in partnership, that would be best for us.’

The next meeting is set for September, to establish the campaign and changes to the injunction to achieve that, with three possible dates under consideration. Lembit adds ‘we’re not out of the woods just yet. But the fact we’re still talking and we have formed a strategy with the officials is good news. We’re not looking for a victory over the Council. We’re looking for a victory with them, so the only losers are those who caused the injunction to be introduced in the first place.’

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'd love to see someone being done for causing excessive noise by urinating in public.

Meanwhile:

News from the Motorcycle Acton Group wrote:

MAG makes progress on Harlow injunction

This version: 2016 08 19 Embargo: Immediate

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG), the UK’s leading voice for riders’ rights, met with representatives of Harlow Council on 16th August in a continuing effort to resolve issues over an injunction introduced by the Council to stop anti-social behaviour. The injunction included wide ranging powers which MAG regarded as disproportionate and discriminatory against riders.

Lembit Öpik, MAG’s Director of Communications & Public Affairs, attended the meeting, which he described as intense but productive. ‘Both sides were very direct in laying out our positions, and initially it looked like there may be an unbridgeable rift. However, everyone kept their cool and we eventually identified a pathway which could actually work better in the long term interests of the local community, and avoid the elements which caused alarm and discontent in the motorcycling community. I particularly liked the suggestion of a twin track approach – whereby we work with the Council on biker awareness and safety while updating the injunction to take this work into account.’

Lembit believes that Harlow Council is genuinely motivated to seek this creative solution. ‘I relate to their desire to prevent anti-social behaviour. Some hooligans were on bikes and it’s not MAG”s job to defend the indefensible. “Our role is to work intelligently to ensure the Council's commitment to law and order is carried out without compromising riders’ rights. We CAN achieve that.’

Harlow Council’s Head of Governance, Brian Keane, said, ‘we are in no way prejudiced against motorcycles. If we can find a way to work this through in partnership, that would be best for us.’

The next meeting is set for September, to establish the campaign and changes to the injunction to achieve that, with three possible dates under consideration. Lembit adds ‘we’re not out of the woods just yet. But the fact we’re still talking and we have formed a strategy with the officials is good news. We’re not looking for a victory over the Council. We’re looking for a victory with them, so the only losers are those who caused the injunction to be introduced in the first place.’

so basicaly if you are a twat in the company of twats behaving like twats you will be treated as twats by the law who are for the most part , twats

carpe_diem
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:13 - 22 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live by the twat, die by the twat.

Modalconfusio...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:46 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Re: Riding with another vehicle possibly soon banned in Soli Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:
[quote="KoalaBiker"

This can easily be interpreted as saying that "driving motorcycles is in contempt of court".

no it cant.
big difference.
dont hang round with knobs and you will be fine.[/quote]

There are far too many twats about acting in gangs on foot, in cars, and on motorcycles so anything that makes our streets and communities safer from twats has a thumbs up from me. There is a huge difference between act responsibly and acting like a twat.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scare mongering. Do you think the police actually have enough resources to bother with your local rideout?

It's more to do with giving them the legal power to stop knobheads on non-road registered quads/motocross bikes that have been causing chaos across Birmingham recently. Don't worry, the holidays will be over soon and the little darlings back inside.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:05 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Do you think the police actually have enough resources to bother with your local rideout?

They lack the resources to deal with dozens of chavs cocking around and scattering when they put on the Police

They do perhaps have the resources to bag a couple of sportsbike no-homo buddies parked in a layby debating their route.

It gets the same headlines and we-don't-have-them-but-we-hit-them-targets for the Chief Cunstable.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

They lack the resources to deal with dozens of chavs cocking around and scattering when they put on the Police

They do perhaps have the resources to bag a couple of sportsbike no-homo buddies parked in a layby debating their route.

It gets the same headlines and we-don't-have-them-but-we-hit-them-targets for the Chief Cunstable.

Meh,

"Are you planning a rideout?"

"Never seen him before officer"

Bosh.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:28 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Meh,

"Never seen him before officer"

Bosh.

"Why, yes, officer, as law abiding taxpayers I see no reason why my friend and Iiiieeeeee don't taze me bro."

As I intimated, those living the thug life have nothing to fear.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1