Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 25 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Fabulous the Movie

Like the telly programme, only longer.
Very funny (if you like that sort of thing), except the cast look older.
Good cameos, a LOT of cameos by famouspeeps.
Wait for it to go Netflix/Amazon if you aren't all that fussed.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:23 - 25 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jungle Book (2016) - 6/10

CGI looks good, 3D looked good, voice acting not to bad. That's about it. The story is so so, cartoon version was better. The boy that played the lead is just bad, strait out of a '90s sitcom I thought. If the Tiger couldn't eat him maybe the panther and wolves should had. Tunes, disappointing, didn't seem to have the heart in them.

Overall, an easy watch. The kid will probably get better, as this seems to be his first big film.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 25 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Wasaco
7.1/10

Seems like it was made by some college students (uni in US) but was good however they ruined it towards the end by making a joke out of it.

Am definitely dressing up as a clown on Halloween.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperium - 8/10
CIA investigation thriller - decent plot and kept interesting for the whole thing. Wasn't sure about Daniel Radcliffe in the role at first - felt like watching "Harry Potter becomes a skinhead" Laughing, but he was alright.

Warcraft - 5.5/10
Worth watching in parts, but still disappointing overall. They should of made more of it I think considering the fan base it has. The CGI of the Orc's wasn't very good either; felt more like watching a kids film for half of it.

Cell - 3.5/10
Meh. Mysterious phone signal turns half the world into zombie-esque killers. Watchable, but the plot got more and more ridiculous. Suprised someone managed to convince some of the actors to sign up to the script.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 03:29 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home - 3/10
I don't know how I got conned into watching this. It's a kids promo video for Rihanna, with her songs just no nudity.

The Nice Guys - 8/10
I thought this was going to be bad, I was surprised. Very entertaining, cop buddy movie but not being cops. The only disappointing bit, the kid didn't cop a feel at the beginning.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 11:43 - 26 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started watching Band of Brothers... I know it's meant to be amazing but I just never got round to watching it. First episode in and I can tell it's going to be a belter.

All I see is Ross from friends Laughing

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 27 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

godzilla resurgence(shin godzilla) 7/10
How would the self defense force/government/politician take action if godzilla suddenly appears in tokyo? How politicians make decision slowly? Bureaucratic actions. Half of the movie is in the meeting room like. But it was interesting. Maybe cause I'm Japanese. If foreigner watched this without eng-sub, this will be 3/10 or 2/10, or even 1/10. If he likes action scenes only, I guess he'll be disappointed. This movie is liked among Japanese, but I'm not sure how overseas people watch this. I'm curious.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 27 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Started watching Band of Brothers... I know it's meant to be amazing but I just never got round to watching it. First episode in and I can tell it's going to be a belter.

Seires is good and he is only in first episode iirfc

The pacific is just as good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 27 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman Vs Superman 4/10 - take two dead/dying franchises, stick them together and what do you get, cinema greatness? Err... no. You get a convoluted plot, over the top CGI, and three f**king hours of tedium.

They tried to create a dark/gritty film like Watchmen, when it would have be better to make another Watchmen film. I'm done with comic book films, this has killed an entire f**king genre for me.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 27 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Batman Vs Superman 4/10 - take two dead/dying franchises, stick them together and what do you get, cinema greatness? Err... no. You get a convoluted plot, over the top CGI, and three f**king hours of tedium.

They tried to create a dark/gritty film like Watchmen, when it would have be better to make another Watchmen film. I'm done with comic book films, this has killed an entire f**king genre for me.

It was awful wasn't it? Since when have Batman and Superman lived literally next door to eat other?

Stick with the Marvel stuff, generally much better.

Even their TV shows are decent.. (Jessica Jones, Daredevil...)

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 27 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

World War Z 6/20 - So zombie apocalypse, but its the fast type, and humanity's so utterly f**ked Brad Pitt's somehow its best hope of a cure. Its not as bad as it sounds, although the film seemed to run out of steam towards the end, almost as if they had pi$$ed through their budget. A few dubious bits but overall a good watch.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velvet Goldmine 7/10

Fairly arty-farty but a pretty good rendition of a life in the glam rock era that looks suspiciously like those of David Bowie/Marc Bolan and Iggy Pop/Lou Reed all bundled together.

If that was your era, then you might like it, all those mincers with sparkly outfits on ... if it's not, you'd probably wonder what all the fuss was about.

Not really seen much with Ewan McGregor before, so I was impressed with his Iggy Pop impression - and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is always worth a perv. Christian Bale (I knew I knew his face but couldnt place who it was) was quite good as a tortured in-the-closet newspaper reporter.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:38 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survival of the Dead - watching it now, 5 out of 10

loses one point for not being good enough for a George A Romero film
some comedy zombie killing in it at times though

yesterday watched Diary of the Dead, blair witch, cabin in the woods, cloverfield etc etc hardly an original concept overall, but one or two original interesting ideas mixed in anyway 6 out of 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 03:58 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:

Even their TV shows are decent.. (Daredevil...)

The only good thing about Daredevil was The Punisher before he went all soft. Hoping The Punisher series makes him tough again. As for Daredevil and crew, bunch of too goody goody whiners that do stuff worst than the bad guys.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:48 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megamind (2010) 3/10

Hahahaha, you've subverted the whole good-vs-evil-superhero genre. How original! Like every. Actual. Superhero. Franchise. Has. Already. Done. Better.

https://www.mipex.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/MG_0045-by-h3nr0-on-Flickr.jpg

Clumsy, trite, banal, bizarrly characterised, and an abject lesson in why you should use voice actors to do voice acting.

I got an hour in, asked myself why I was bothering to watch, and couldn't find an answer. I wouldn't recommend giving it that long.

When I was done, I moseyed over to IMDB and encountered the most blatant, egregious, audicious and unlubed 10* 1-of-1-people shill reviews that I've ever seen. Really, these things make the Fanstastic (sic) Four reviews look like the soul of probity. Poor bloody show.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

I wasn't into Friends, but lived with a girl who was, consequently had the same response as you.

Band of Brothers is my second favourite TV series, only beaten by Sopranos. The narration from the actual guys adds weight and the ending gets me in the feels every time.
Everything about it is excellent.

You'll spot some now very famous actors in very small roles dotted throughout.

Creed - 6/10
It was much better than I expected, but no way near as good as the hype. Stallone was pretty good, underplayed it nicely, some nice nods back to the previous films (and those that weren’t made).
Fairly solid, a bit by the numbers, but with a bit of soul to it.

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

I'm jealous you haven't seen it yet, you get to experience the whole story from scratch. I think I have watched it 6-7 times and would watch it again.

Another votes for Stranger things 9/10 for that series.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'll just leave this here again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhhGn41q6s

I got as far as "WHY DID YOU SAAAAAY THAT NAAAME?" and switched it off.

Anyway....

Ratchet & Clank:

Having played the games since they were first released I found this quite amusing and cheesy at times, it introduced you to most of the main characters from the game. More of a kids movie (big kid in my case), but they captured the atmosphere of the games perfectly. I don't care about it only getting 14% on Rotten Tomatoes.
7/10

Sausage Party
With the amount of advertising this got, I honestly expected it to be rubbish, it wasn't as funny as I was expecting, but still amusing none the less (and there's a fairly decent copy up too)
7.5/10

Ghostbusters (reboot)
I don't know why I keep giving reboots a chance... I guess if I'd never heard of the Ghostbusters movies in the past then I might have enjoyed this more, unfortunately I have and couldn't stand this movie, everything about it just seemed forced somehow, I ended up putting it off half way through.
2/10

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 23:19 - 28 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted loads of famous actors already in it, what a gem that I never saw the first time. On episode 4 now and it's brilliant as predicted but I like war films anyway.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:56 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:

Sadfleck is sad.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
andym wrote:

Sadfleck is sad.

He's thinking its daredevil all over again Smile

ninja_butler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Man From Uncle 8/10

https://pop-break.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/man-from-uncle-wide-poster.jpg

I am a bit miserly with my scores so for 8/10 you might want to read that as 10/10. I just watched this movie last night, and I cannot believe it passed me by, but then I think it passed almost everyone by, the trailers are crap and the general way the movie was advertised was crap, it's a far better movie than I was expecting and I wish I'd seen it at the cinema on a really nice big screen. It's cool, it's very funny, it's genuinely action-packed - not just cheap CGI filler - and nobody saw it. Sad

There haven't been many good movies in the last 10 years but this is one of them.

ninja_butler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Megamind (2010) 3/10

Hahahaha, you've subverted the whole good-vs-evil-superhero genre. How original! Like every. Actual. Superhero. Franchise. Has. Already. Done. Better.

https://www.mipex.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/MG_0045-by-h3nr0-on-Flickr.jpg

Clumsy, trite, banal, bizarrly characterised, and an abject lesson in why you should use voice actors to do voice acting.

I got an hour in, asked myself why I was bothering to watch, and couldn't find an answer. I wouldn't recommend giving it that long.

When I was done, I moseyed over to IMDB and encountered the most blatant, egregious, audicious and unlubed 10* 1-of-1-people shill reviews that I've ever seen. Really, these things make the Fanstastic (sic) Four reviews look like the soul of probity. Poor bloody show.

I liked Megamind, and you should bear in mind it's a family movie with kids as the target audience. The villain-as-hero (sort of) concept may have been done before, but I can't think of a movie where the misunderstood villain was the main protagonist - certainly not in a Hollywood animated feature.

ninja_butler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
-Matt- wrote:
Where to invade next? - 9/10
New Michael Moore film, so marmite. Makes some good and amusing points though if you can tolerate his usual slant on things.

I really liked it.

Michael Moore should title his films:-

Why America is retarded Vol1
Why America is retarded Vol2
Why America is retarded Vol3

etc
etc

I'll have to watch Where To Invade Next but Michael Moore is a real pain the ass; he sometimes makes good points, exposes real problems and presents unvarnished facts. But sometimes he does the exact opposite and spews forth a pile of half-truths and slanderous allegations.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Django Unchained last night, it was OK. It's typical Tarantino, good suspense, funny in all the wrong ways and brutal violence. It's pretty much Inglorious Basterds but in the cowboy times.

Enjoyable 7/10.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 94 of 194