Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New exhaust For the CBR4

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: New exhaust For the CBR4 Reply with quote

Thats right folks, my custom made carbon fibre exhaust has finally arrived after order being placed at Ally Pally. It is a 'Shorty' exhaust, and in the pic is placed up against the standard length quill slip on can I have.

The quality is awesome, and the can seems fairly light. No news on sound yet, as it isnt yet fitted to my bike. But I am sure that the NC is gonna sound and look damn nice with this in place.

I ordered it from the www.performanceracingparts.co.uk stand for a bargain £125. Will get pics of it on the bike when the bike is finally finished!

And here are the pics, with a sneaky toe shot in 2 of the three pics. For the ladies! Wink Laughing

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You took a Quill can off? Shocked

Is your new one road legal? Do you need to do any rejetting?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the quill can a while ago off of eBay, only to find that it had a rattle, and I didnt fancy trying to fit a slip on can and was after a bolt on.

The can is stamped 'not for road use' which is a bit harsh, as I asked for them to fit a road legal bsau stamp, and they said it would be no problem! Rolling Eyes

Will probably need rejetting, but it is a project bike at the moment(will be done in April) and I am expecting it to need rejetting after the restrictors are "checked". Cool

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
You took a Quill can off? Shocked

Was going to say that too!!! Quill sound outstanding, haven't heard anything like them before.

Thumbs Up to the carbon fibre jobbie

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortie looks wicked! Always fancied a "Rossi" style slim can...

Put it on the bike pronto and give let us see. Very Happy . It's gonna be LOUD Shocked !

You selling the Quill? Could I bodge it to a bolt-on fitment, do you recon? My race can is farked... Confused

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 23:13 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lad with a cbr400 and a micron can, it sounds nice but it's not too loud.

What do quill cans sound like??

And who makes a really really stupidly loud can for the cbr400?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lil can looks quite cute. Laughing

Should look and sound great once its on the bike, just avoid the plod! Razz

I've actually mailed that company about a can for my Bandit, just asked a few questions. Looking at some of their work from the gallery, its quite good stuff. Thumbs Up

Sammy, did the can come with all the fittings, link pipe and the such?

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, the new can's a bolt-on fitment, no link pipe needed, just 3 bolts Thumbs Up

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This company are tops, I asked them if they could do me a can, they said sure and told me sizes, so I said what is the shortest which would still work effectively, and they said 350mm, So I handed over the money!

I have heard other good things about them too. They seem very cheap and good customer loyalty.

Bolt on attached, came with the three bolts and a hanger too! Shame the hanger isnt also Carbon Fibre! Evil or Very Mad

I didnt want to attempt the bodge myself claud, but if you wanna give it a go, I will gladly sell up!Is just decorating my6 under bed space at the moment!

Will get pics ASAP!

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give you a tenner for it? Very Happy

Your new one wil look ace, trust. Cool Love to have one of those... Might even save up Shocked

Lemmie see it on the bike first. Hurry it only takes 2 mins... Very Happy

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will just be embarrassing myself, as the bike is fairingless at the moment! I have got £1000 to spend on the fairnngs, petrol tank, tyre mot, tax and a few cheap tarty bits! Laughing

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 11:14 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can is TINY compared to the Quill! Nice though. Not a big fan of carbon cans but it still looks ace.

Is it just me or do race cans start sounding louder the longer they are on!!?? Mines is starting to sound biblical compared to when I first fitted it. Noticed it on sunday there after a long run. Had to stop and check it wasn't blowing!!

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My can has developed more of a used, dirty kinda sound to it now. Thumbs Up Very Happy. I like.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 13:03 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's as the packing inside the silencer gets burnt/blows out.

The can on my MZ became too much of an attention whore after too long. I had to go past police in top gear at 30mph.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 13:30 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sounds louder now than it did before. Done about 2-300 miles since I got it. After my long run I was pottering about town in 2nd and 3rd gear. Even on idle it was booming. I do like it but it's definitely louder than it was a few weeks back.

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 13:30 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sounds louder now than it did before. Done about 2-300 miles since I got it. After my long run I was pottering about town in 2nd and 3rd gear. Even on idle it was booming. I do like it but it's definitely louder than it was a few weeks back.

BlueNinja
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:14 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
Bought the quill can a while ago off of eBay, only to find that it had a rattle, and I didnt fancy trying to fit a slip on can and was after a bolt on.

The can is stamped 'not for road use' which is a bit harsh, as I asked for them to fit a road legal bsau stamp, and they said it would be no problem! Rolling Eyes

Will probably need rejetting, but it is a project bike at the moment(will be done in April) and I am expecting it to need rejetting after the restrictors are "checked". Cool

Otherwise do this: like I did on our website here.. have a look..

https://www.theundertaking.com/index.php?showtopic=723

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 22:19 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to confuse a few people!

With a can that small your bike could start looking like a 250 Wink

I'm sure it will sounds wonderful, and once the bike is re-jetted, hopefully some improvement in power.

Still prefer mine. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1