Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered new tyre last weekend.
Tyre not delivered yet.
Tyre nowhere to be found.
Possibly no replacement until next week?
I need the bike for Sunday.
I am potentially not a happy bunny.

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:15 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my gears but rather my house mates. Her Golf's DSG 'box decided to try and shift into the same bank of gears without disengaging the drive clutch. That ground some gears good and proper.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booking an appointment with the GP. Automated phone line opens at 6am, you have to keep ringing and normally get through after about 20 minutes. If all the appointments are taken you have to ring up at 8am when the reception opens or go there in person... no one can get through so everyone goes there in person, and you spend ages waiting.

Allegedly this is what works best for patients Rolling Eyes

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

First world problem.

Pre-ordered a game yesterday and meanwhile release day, today, delivery wasn't guaranteed it seems it's being purposely withheld until Saturday as last night it was dispatched from a location just three hours away and hasn't made an inch of progress with recorded delivery not being recognised yet.

Added insult is that a quick walk down the road and it's available for reserve now, collect immediately. Further walk away it can be had cheaper than what I paid for it.

Lesson learnt.

I attempted to cancel but it costs either £3 or £6 to do so when the issue isn't their fault and refunds take 3-5 business days. Think I'll just go down the road in future.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Pre-ordered a game yesterday and meanwhile release day, today, delivery wasn't guaranteed it seems it's being purposely withheld until Saturday as last night it was dispatched from a location just three hours away and hasn't made an inch of progress with recorded delivery not being recognised yet.

What company? Had a similar issue with Zavvi before, furthermore they didn't seem to think delivering after release date was a problem. I don't use them now.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
What company? Had a similar issue with Zavvi before, furthermore they didn't seem to think delivering after release date was a problem. I don't use them now.

Amazon.

In fairness the estimated delivery date is correct as to the method of delivery that I chose but when you pre-order, or as far as I remember, a date isn't set because it just says the release date. Lack of progress and updates is most annoying given the cost of these modern games.

Best case it turns up tomorrow, my luck I'll probably miss it Saturday because work.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 29 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm amazon are normally alright. Might be worth complaining.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 30 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
First world problem.

Added insult is that a quick walk down the road and it's available for reserve now, collect immediately. Further walk away it can be had cheaper than what I paid for it.

Lesson learnt.

I attempted to cancel but it costs either £3 or £6 to do so when the issue isn't their fault and refunds take 3-5 business days. Think I'll just go down the road in future.

may find it turns up today as amazon are using their own drivers now so they may not start til later
if pre ordered ive always had it turn up on release day and actually got gta5 a day early
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:07 - 30 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

techathy wrote:
Not my gears but rather my house mates. Her Golf's DSG 'box decided to try and shift into the same bank of gears without disengaging the drive clutch. That ground some gears good and proper.

Follow up to this. Dealer phoned today and said VAG will be replacing the gearbox under warranty. Still no offer of a loan car while hers is being repaired Thumbs Down

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knob head lorry driver goes to the end of the slip road off the A10 this morning like it was a lay-by, just to park up and tighten the loose straps on his load of pallets. Traffic coming off the dual carriageway has to go around (back onto the main road) momentarily. Meanwhile other traffic was lane-hogging or on the phone, yet going fast (the reason you bought a vehicle) is still the most dreadful crime on our roads. I despair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:34 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being able to sleep though I am in work today for the heck of it. Oh also it's cheered me up reading bodyguards thread.

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 07:23 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stupid brain. Forgot to change the batteries in the dog’s bike lights after last winter’s use. Dog has an early 2 mile run over the fields every morning. Both lights had conked out by 05:30. The dark usually doesn’t bother me, but for some reason this morning, it felt a bit unnerving not being able to see anything and I was a bit spooked. Think I’m getting old.

If anyone else has a highly active, all weather dog that swims a lot – and also has a thick fluffy mane that renders glow collars and pet shop dog lights useless, I really recommend these. They’re silicone wrap around, LED bicycle lights – and fab. Use the red rear lights though. Don’t know if it’s something about dogs’ eyes/colour spectrum – but the front lights seem to piss him off as he promptly removes them. Waterproof, bright and really light, so should be ok if you have a little one. These type of thing:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BeautyLife-Clip--Silicon-Bicycle-Lights/dp/B006FG23XK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475302304&sr=8-1&keywords=bike%2Blight%2Bsilicon&th=1
Don’t forget to change the batteries yearly though!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

techathy wrote:

Yeah they're great when they work, like the 1.4 TSI engines are.
Unfortunately they've had to replace many of both.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domain pricing:
https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/15/13/82/47/dohmai10.png

Eh?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 01 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted my compressor and air lines in the garage, only to find on completion the retractable air hose is (just) in the way of the garage door and I cant open it Crying or Very sad Brick Wall
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banana_B1 wrote:
Visited a quiet tourist Abbey' the ticket woman wanted to store my full name/post code and house number on their computer......seriously???? Rolling Eyes can only be 3 reasons why they'd want that kind of info: 1) letterbox spamming. 2) wanted by police phone call reporting. 3) expecting criminal damage to old castles by "Werewolves on Wheels". Fuck going back there, giving it a 1* visitors rating Karma Rant over.

I have name. address and e-mail of a few people I don't like (I used to work with) ready to donate to spam suppliers purely for that reason.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:53 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same sort of chat all over the place. The last example I can remember is Evans Cycles.

I'm just buying a fucking multitool because I cycled past your shop, you'll never see me again. Fuck off.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:53 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post.

Last edited by Derivative on 08:35 - 02 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why most of what i buy goes via the net to my work address - they get LOADS of Junk mail but at home i get almost none, other than what is direct dropped through the door.

Same as if i go anywhere, i just give my works address and skip out the company name.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
That's why most of what i buy goes via the net to my work address - they get LOADS of Junk mail but at home i get almost none, other than what is direct dropped through the door.

Same as if i go anywhere, i just give my works address and skip out the company name.

I didn't realise there were so many curry houses and taxi firms in Milton Keynes. Rolling Eyes

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out that glasses now exist for colourblindness. Finally a cure I thought.

£350. Fuck.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Are you pricing up an online land grab?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
Found out that glasses now exist for colourblindness. Finally a cure I thought.

£350. Fuck.

Presume it's enchroma.
Strictly not a cure, but may improve the symptoms. Have you tried them?

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried them, don't seem to be available for general sale outside the US although they ship internationally.

There's a lot on the website about a 6 week trial period so I was planning to send them back if they were no good.

Also not sure about which ones the get, seems the darker the lense the better, but I don't want to be wearing welding goggles in the pub.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 165 of 698