Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Daytona600 and Mates GSXR400

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: My Daytona600 and Mates GSXR400 Reply with quote

I got a new can for the bike at the weekend at the Scottish motorbike show. It looks 100 times better than that abortion of the standard one and WHAT A NOISE!!!. Posted my mates GSXR400 to keep him happy, its an 'R' reg and in great nick one of the best looking 400's I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:24 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbon Can Co on a Triumph? Its gotta be Wolf or Triumphs own for me I'm afraid.

Nice bike though, watch out for those jealous jap bike owners on this very forum! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:38 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes. The Triumph looks good in silver Thumbs Up

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate. Triumphs are way better than that Jap crap Razz I wanted a Blueflame can but they were too expensive but looked so good.

I got that can for £130 at the bike show. I liked the triumph aftermarket one but I realy wanted an oval with twin ports and removable baffles.

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice bikes. The Triumph looks good in silver

I changed my mine at the last minute from the yellow.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:46 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
Quote:
Nice bikes. The Triumph looks good in silver

I changed my mine at the last minute from the yellow.

Good choice - Black is fastest, Yellow bikes are slowest, but then all Triumphs are Razz

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Of course they are! I was well chuffed when I trounced a New Ninja 636 haha You cant beat good old british built Wink

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 23:13 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
Rolling Eyes Of course they are! I was well chuffed when I trounced a New Ninja 636 haha You cant beat good old british built Wink

He was probably running it in Laughing

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Even the the guy said that he was surprised by the performance of the D6 (so was I !!)

But I think most of the other up to date supersports would prob be better on the track. although im definedly wanting to try a track day just not sure what one to go to.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 23:35 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
Haha Even the the guy said that he was surprised by the performance of the D6 (so was I !!)

But I think most of the other up to date supersports would prob be better on the track. although im definedly wanting to try a track day just not sure what one to go to.

TBH mat unless you're Rossi there's no difference in all the 600s really.
I'm with you on the track day idea - i was thinking brand indy maybe as it's close and easy to learn, and have been round in a car.

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knockhill is my closest one but its a crap track with even crappy weather. I wouldnt mind brans, croft, oulton park or donnington.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:

To be fair, they're all so close in the real world it is generally down to rider ability more than the bike's ability Thumbs Up

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surprises me to see that bike manufacturers are lagging behind in keeping up with consumer (demanded or given) styles. Car owners were given the all new 'fresh' angular body styles several years ago now. Still, that Trumpet looks far nicer than its previous evolution.

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the old TT600 looked like the bodywork had melted!! But it was still a great handling bike.

The D6 handles so well it is really confidence inspiring. It is physically bigger than the Jap 600's and has a more upright seating posistion but this suits me down to the ground as i'm 6'3" and need a bit of leg room. I had test rode a Ninja 636 but I was out for 20 mins and my back was killing me, so the trumpet won.

I really like the styling of it I love the angles of it and even the headlight shape. It still looks better than the CBR's paintjob Sick and when you turn up to a bike meet you never have to push your alarm to see what bikes yours (Gixers are the worst for this Laughing )

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 08:36 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
when you turn up to a bike meet you never have to push your alarm to see what bikes yours (Gixers are the worst for this)

Theres a reason nobody else bought a triumph! Wink

I just bought a yellow gixxer so I can find mine easy! Very Happy

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 09:35 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey WishayKillie, I know you Graeme!

Your Gordon's mate. I'm Colin with the Green/Purple ZX6R. I've seen your bike at John Harding's a few times when it's been in getting stuff done.

How long you been on the forum? You should join the Scottish section of the forum. I can vouch for your bike, it does look really good in the flesh as does Gordon's Thumbs Up

ttandrew
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey cool choice of bike Thumbs Up I got a yellow one myself Cool , got to agree with you about the standard can it was crap, and a nighmare to keep clean. I got mine replaced with a black one really suits the bike better, so much so that I keep putting of getting a dual port blueflame because I think it suits the bike better Confused

https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834186/side2.JPG

whats the sound like out of the carbon co can ?

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You deffinetly did the right thing bout getting the yellow with the union jack on it it looks sh!t hot mate Very Happy .

The carbon can co exhaust sounds fantastic alot better than I thought it would (especially with the baffles out Twisted Evil ) and I think the stainless one goes well with the siver paintwork.

Getting a carbon one for your yellow D6 would be the right choice cause that black one looks good and goes well with the dark frame. CCC do a dual and single port carbon style aswell which I saw and it looked fantastic and almost bought but decided for the stainless option cause it was cheeper haha. I had a bluflame carbon dual port in my hands at the show, It's so light and the finnish is fantastic plus the union jack badge on the can would go really well with the front of your bike.

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/evo_race_cans.asp

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/images/evo_gallery/DAYTONA%20600%20CUT%20web%20upload.jpg

not too sure bout the couloured titainium look?!?

ttandrew
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh agree with you over the colored ti can, just dont look right, I'd deffinatly get the carbon dual port blueflame, as you said, the dark color goes well with the frame etc. There meant to be mentally loud Twisted Evil on the daytona with the baffles removed.

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bafffles are soooo easy to get out of a bluflame, it's just a circlip, all you have to do is remove them with a pair of circlip pliers and slide the baffle out (or back in at the side of the road when the cops pull you haha).

The blueflame stand at the show had a video of a D6 with a carbon can on and it sounded mental loud!!! but it was red Sad . haha

I think im going to get them to remmap my bike with the can on it. after I get a new front tyre and brake pads.

ttandrew
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should deffinatly get the a dealer to install the race tune on your ECU, some charge around £35 (on hours labour or so) for it though, ouch

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how long it takes?

ttandrew
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont really take them long to plug in there handheld computer and download the map mate <5 minutes easy, but there then meant to take it for quick test ride (rag the nuts out it Laughing ) and then check/set idle speed etc.

If your getting the same place to fit your tyre then they may do it for nowt, depends what your dealers like, as I say most charge £35 or 1 hour labour.

Race map is suppose to iron out the low end niggles and bogging down (should get yourself over to https://www.daytona600.org/portal.php daytona owners club), have been told to get it put on even with the standard can, I will probably wait until its next service and get them to install it anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1